The Rise of Skywalker Daisy Ridley as Rey (IX)

Damn she just crapped all over Rian. :lmao:

I love that woman. :atp:

I would marry her to spite you. Not out of love or hnnngh, just pure spite. Deep in your bald heart you know she'd choose an alpha *****e like me over your nice guy persona, we know this.

01e0e58fac5d7c06aa8e5c607c262c2c.gif

:o

I would marry her to spite you. Not out of love or hnnngh, just pure spite. Deep in your bald heart you know she'd choose an alpha *****e like me over your nice guy persona, we know this.

Awwww, you think I have a nice guy persona? That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. :atp:

There's a podcast out there where daisy discussed TROS and went on about how incredible her fight with Adam is in the film. Also mentioned that the last few lines of the film explain the title of the movie if that makes sense.

For some reason I can't link it.

Here ya go (podcast):

Daisy Ridley: “I was…I remember…I do believe in the universe and that it has its way…I was walking down the street [with people] who are now my friends who I had met on a shoot, and one of them went, ‘Oh apparently they’re doing a new Star Wars film,’ and literally my whole body went tingly, and I was like, ‘I think I’m gonna get a part in this film’. I’m not even kidding. This was in…early in the year [2013]. My audition was in August. I called my agent. And also I wasn’t of the ilk to be like, ‘Hey, get me an audition would ya? With J. J. Abrams.’ But I literally – that day I was like (clicks tongue) ‘I just feel I’m gonna get a part in this film.’ It was so strange so even though I was doubting myself the whole way through I just felt that there was like a universal thing pushing me forward. It was the strangest thing. And then it was a lot longer before I got the actual part.” (July 1, 2019) (archive)

Daisy Ridley: “[Speculation is the title ‘The Rise of Skywalker‘ is about the evolution of the Jedi Order not a particular person?] Okay. I mean yeah that sounds like a great thing. What do you think?” “I mean J. J. [Abrams] I think did sort of say as much he said it represents a lot of different things.” “It’s interesting because he told me the title and I was like, ‘Oh!’ because he’d sort of been throwing around things when we were filming and then he told me when I went to LA [Los Angeles] – just before Chicago [for Celebration 2019] – and saw the trailer. And I was like, ‘Oh! Okay.'” “Yeah [it kind of made sense the more I thought about it], but even John [Boyega] and people were like, ‘Oh!’ I don’t know what I was expecting but it wasn’t what I was expecting and I would agree that it represents a lot of things. Yeah, I don’t know. I think it will be one of those things that…it’s sort of the last few lines of the film when people are like, ‘Ah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.'” (July 1, 2019)

Daisy Ridley: “(sing-song voice) [Adam Driver and I] actually joke the whole time! We just walk around swinging our sabers! Yeah, no it’s not a laugh riot.” “Yeah [there’s unique material I get to do with Adam in the new movie]. It was umm…yeah. I think it, I think it…I just think they’ve just done a great job with all the relationships like with the fun friendships and with the sort of strange thing with Rey and Kylo [Ren]. And the thing is too, it’s…we finished Episode VIII and you know where Rey is entirely so it’s…yeah it was interesting going into that and sort of figuring out where that was going and there was a way that J. J. [Abrams] was describing it as we were doing it, and I was like, ‘god that’s so true that really is like what this film is for Rey,’ (smacks lips) I think people are going to like it! I really do. Also we have a great fight…a great fight. And I was really happy that the Vanity Fair pictures did show a bit of it. It’s a great fight. Like I’ve become such a better fighter and they’ve made the Lightsabers lighter so it actually looks like we’re swinging light and not like heavy, heavy.” “I have seen [a bit of what the fight looks like on video]. I have.” “This fight we did, it was [in] November [2018], we had water being thrown at us and I got a great deal of respect because I did not…I was ‘I was not gonna complain about the cold, I’m just not gonna do it,’ so it was like a real thing of stamina and it just felt…it feels really epic and it felt epic even at the times where I thought we’ll imagine we had the waves like this and then they get up and make the waves I’m sure bigger. So one can only imagine what it’s gonna look like.” (July 1, 2019)

Daisy Ridley: “Colin [Trevorrow] sat next to me [at dinner after the premiere or something for Murder on the Orient Express]. I was like, ‘What’s [Episode IX] gonna be like?’ It was…all I had heard – I didn’t know what had happened, I just knew that he wasn’t doing it anymore – and he did sort of tell me…and sort of not. And it was fine and…” “Yeah [an awkward situation]. He sort of told me but…” “Yeah [a much different kind of a tale], yeah, yeah…and actually no, we’d gone for dinner and stuff. We went to dinner with Michelle [Rejwan] who’s a producer [on Episode IX], so I sort of knew. I think everything happens for a reason I guess.” (July 1, 2019)

You're such a player .;):funny:

I'd say Daisy's statement was pretty even handed imo with regards to reaction to TLJ .She wasn't taking sides the way fans should or shouldn't have reacted to the film.

She's being diplomatic , which is the smartest way to go as opposed to raging on either side of TLJ fan debate . The bloggers and geek pundits can do that be she's got a greater responsibility then they do.

She's one of the current and future faces of this franchise, so I doubt she'd want to become a lightening rod or a polarizing figure to fans who either loved what Johnson did or hate what Johnson did.

Hamill, I don't think he's that concerned at this point in his career.

I agree, I didn't get the sense she was crapping all over Rian Johnson either.

I agree, I didn't get the sense she was crapping all over Rian Johnson either.
Which is why she decided to talk about some of his big ideas, like Rey getting with Kylo. I am sure she thought it went so well, that she wasn't surprise that it pissed off a lot of people. A lot of fans. :o

There is a very big difference how everyone acts around and talks about JJ, in comparsion with Rian. Especially when you consider the general reaction from the LF higher ups after the release of TLJ. Which was pushing hard that nothing was wrong.

We can get into all of this, but Daisy, who has had to deal with more **** from "fans" then anyone saying the fans basically have a point says it all. It is diplomatic, while still making a point.

I need that. :mrk:

One of my favorite bits in the films.

Interesting that the new Star Wars guide does not agree with Kylo's story about what happened to Rey. It seems that JJ is sticking to the original vision we saw in TFA, and she was dropped off on the planet. Most interesting, it doesn't say who dropped her off.

IPRZ4om.jpg

Daisy Ridley: "Well I felt like...at the end [of Star Wars: The Last Jedi] I was like, 'Ah this is strange' because it sort of feels like a finish but then we have another film to do and then J. J. [Abrams] figured out a way to take the story in such a different direction. Somebody said to me that they saw the [new] film and they said I was like the teenager in Episode VII and in [The] Rise of Skywalker it's like Daisy 2.0 or something and I was like, 'That's nice.' To just feel [that] I progressed. That's a big one. " (August 24, 2019)

Last edited:

Fab TV: Is there any kind of clue that you can give us for the ending or any part of the film that's different from the last Star Wars film [Star Wars: The Last Jedi] you made?
Daisy Ridley: I mean it's very different. I can't give you the ending, 'cause that would ruin the next few months! (smiles)
Fab TV: What did you do different to be in this one? What was so different about making this one?
DR: It's just a different story. It's a different route. We went down like more of an...I genuinely didn't know what I was gonna get when I read the script and then the script like it's changed...I don't know.
Fab TV: Is it more physical, too?
DR: I mean no, 'cause it's been physical the whole way, but I felt more able to do everything physically because I've had two films to like train in sword-fighting and, you know. No, it didn't feel that different because it's always a great time. It's always been funny and always been dark and all of those bits. It's just a new [story] direction. (smiles)

Last edited:
J. J. Abrams, director and co-writer of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: “I’d rather let that [‘Darth Rey’] one lie [than talk about it]. But I will say that the movie has a number of things that you wouldn’t expect to have happen and that you wouldn’t expect certain characters to do. (smiles) And that’s one of them.” (Empire magazine November 2019) (archive)

Chris Terrio, co-writer of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker:
“Some of the most interesting scenes in The Last Jedi are the conversations between Rey and [Kylo] Ren. We’ve tried to pick up that complicated relationship that really has been present ever since the interrogation in Episode VII. When Ren takes off his mask, there’s a nakedness about him with Rey that he doesn’t express to anyone else. Rian developed that in fascinating ways and we’ve been able to develop it even further.” (September 29, 2019)

Chris Terrio: “We thought about that line [‘Let the past die, kill it if you have to’] a lot. Rian [Johnson] did something [in Episode VIII] that any good second act will do, which is create the antithesis. In The Force Awakens Luke Skywalker is a myth Rey’s obsessed with and there’s a warm embrace of the past. What Rian suggested is the past is a mixed bag and you can’t rely upon it to tell you where to go in the future. What we’re doing with Episode IX is trying to create a synthesis between those two points of view.” (Empire magazine November 2019)

Chris Terrio: “One of [the questions that fuels Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker] is a simple one: ‘Who is Rey?’ Which is a question that people not only wonder about quite literally, but wonder about in the spiritual sense. How can Rey become the spiritual heir to the Jedi? We kept coming back to ‘Who is Rey?’, and how can we give the most satisfying answer to that not only factually – because obviously people are interested in whether there’s more to be learned of Rey’s story – but more importantly who is she as a character? How will she find the courage and will and inner strength and power to carry on what she’s inherited?” “The second one is, ‘How strong is the Force?’ It sounds a little simple, but actually when you get down to it, that is a sort of Zen Koan that we would really meditate on – not literally in yoga poses or anything, but like we would discuss, ‘What is the Force and how strong is the Force?’ Those two things were really important.” (October 2, 2019)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"