The Rise of Skywalker John Boyega as Finn (IX)

Rose disappeared as a character because she was Rian's creation and DLF and Abrams created TROS as the retcon of TLJ. There was also a rumour that John Boyega himself didn't like the relationship, but there have been a lot of unfounded rumours around so it's hard to know what's real and what isn't. In any case, TROS wasn't interested in romance; none of the characters ended up 'with' anyone. Strange really, as both the SW prequels and OT featured it very strongly - in fact, it was the heart and soul of the PT.

There could be some truth in it because Boyega suddenly left a Netflix show he was supposed to star in.
As for him dismissing being in a Disney+ show....I've lost count of how many actors who have flatly refused to return to a role they starred in only to spectacularly change their minds!

Sean Connery briefly returned to the Bond role in Never Say Never Again, and Daniel Craig is also back playing Bond despite famously announcing he'd quit.
It depends on:
a. the script and premise
b. the money
c. if they have nothing major lined up
As Boyega and Ridley are very good friends I also wouldn't be surprised if Rey also has a tv series...years ago film actors considered tv work beneath them, but these days companies like Amazon, Netflix and Disney+ make an obscene amount of money and the quality of the writing (with a few exceptions) is far better than it used to be. Neither Boyega or Ridley seem to have done or signed on for anything 'big' post TROS; Isaac is currently signed on to play Moon Knight and will be playing Leto Atreides in Dune, so him being in a SW series seems unlikely at least at the moment, but the others...
We'll see.
Tom Hiddleston does stage and film work as well as tv.

Daniel Craig never said he'd quit. His words were taken out of context.

Unreliable rumor from an unreliable website.

Rewatched 'Attack the Block' and was reminded of how great Boyega as a defecting stormtrooper appeared in my head before we saw it. I like Finn, but man they wasted that character, and wasted Boyega.

I think they gave him a decent story arc in TLJ, but in TROS every single character played second fiddle to Rey.

Sorry, but everyone agree that Finn was wasted the most in TLJ.

I must have missed the poll. TLJ gave him a character arc and a story. He even got the fight with Phasma he probably should have had in TFA. I understand that his story in 8 isn't popular, but it is still leagues ahead of TROS where he is barely a factor. You could cut Finn out of that story completely and it wouldn't change at all.

What I liked about TLJ is that it allowed every character to grow and develop. Finn included. In TFA he was Rey's sidekick; interesting at the beginning when he first defected but once he met up with Rey he played second fiddle to her.
In TLJ he started out as 'the man who wanted to run' - and I may be in the minority but I actually agreed with him. He left the FO because he just wanted to get as far away from conflict as he could - not be enlisted into another army without really having a choice. But he ended the film as a committed rebel. I found it interesting that he and Rose had exactly the opposite journey. She started out as somewhat of a fanatic who ended the film realising that life was more important while Finn finally found his place and his role as a warrior.
Finn became his own character and one of my many beefs with TROS is that he was once again reduced to running around after Rey. He should have had the role of leading a stormtrooper uprising - helping to take the FO down from within. And I actually hated how they decided his 'revolt' was due to the Force and not his own decency as a person. I remember waaay back when the Force was an energy field created by life itself - not some sort of omniescent superbeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"