• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers Dane Cook will have a cameo in Transformers

TigerClaw

Mutant Tiger
Reaction score
I was just listening to one of his podcasts, Even though it was dated on July 1st, I'm surprise no one hasn't even mentioned this, But, Dane Cook mention that he will have a cameo in the movie, As to what sort of cameo it is, We don't know since he doesnt specify at what he does, But most important of all is that he is a big Transformers fan as well. What do you guys think?

Heh. That's pretty cool.

Now he HAS to name his kids after Transformers.

that would be cool if he did have a cameo.

In the podcast he also mentions that Michael Bay showed him some footage of some of the FX there working on

this would suck. not only is dane cook's comedy not all that great, but he has nothing to offer to the film whatsoever. it's right up there with throwing timberlake in star wars: a lame idea.

wow, the majority is going to laugh at that? i guess my feeling should be hurt.

Dane Cook is great. His comedy may not be more than 1 dimensional drivel but he has me rolling sometimes.

"Optimus Prime get over here and sit next to Megatron. I am the Cobra Commander of this house...."

Um This may be a really stupid question but who is Dane Cook?

Nope still haven't got a clue who he is.

Thanks though :)

Dr Lee said:
Nope still haven't got a clue who he is.

Thanks though :)

That's what wikipedia is for...so you can read and learn. No prob.

ragdus said:
this would suck. not only is dane cook's comedy not all that great, but he has nothing to offer to the film whatsoever. it's right up there with throwing timberlake in star wars: a lame idea.
I would've thought there was bigger issues to deal with than random cameos for people who aren't even that well known or have any connection to Transformers at all.

I mean Simon Furman, yes. That'd actually make sense, but what does Cook have to do with the price of fish?

Well, Dane Cook is a big Transformers fan, And in one of his routines, He talks about if he had kids he would name one of them Optimus Prime.

Aaah, well I suppose that makes some kinda sense (not sure that's a valid sentence :o).

I'll let him off then.

see it's this kind of stuff that makes me worry more than changes to the character's alt modes.

when you start throwing in random cameos so people who will be forgotten in 5 years can get a little face time for once referencing the franchise in a mediocre standup act, you're not keeping your eye on the prize.

ragdus said:
It's just a cameo though. It could just end up being like Hal Sparks in Spider-Man 2. Quick and painless. :o

ragdus said:
see it's this kind of stuff that makes me worry more than changes to the character's alt modes.

when you start throwing in random cameos so people who will be forgotten in 5 years can get a little face time for once referencing the franchise in a mediocre standup act, you're not keeping your eye on the prize.

Nobody wants to see a movie that takes itself too seriously...it comes off as pretencious. Who wants to see a movie like that?

nosebleed said:
Nobody wants to see a movie that takes itself too seriously...it comes off as pretencious. Who wants to see a movie like that?

since when does avoiding cameos = pretencious? i think you're stretching a bit.

ragdus said:
since when does avoiding cameos = pretencious? i think you're stretching a bit.

A movie summer movie has to have a balance of humor, action and drama. It will not be taking "the eye off the prize" to have a humorous cameo in this movie. Think what you want...nobody wants a summer movie that takes itself too seriously.

And eliminating lame cameos does not equal taking yourself too seriously. It's quite possible to have a light hearted moment or two or four with your relevant cast. See: Superman Returns

It'll probably be some moment when he walks out of a 7/11 and sees someone transform and does a spit take or something...

i agree with supes79, it will probably just be a random moment. I haven't seen anything official about Dane being in the movie though, either....No official announcements have been made right?

atropfunk said:
i agree with supes79, it will probably just be a random moment. I haven't seen anything official about Dane being in the movie though, either....No official announcements have been made right?
There was, If you listen to Dane Cook's podcast, He confirms it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"