• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers Dane Cook withdraws from the Transformers movie

there are many movies much worse than those two.

CFlash said:
Allah is the same God that Jews and Christians worship.

Christianity has killed and enslaved far more people than Islam ever has. Or have you not paid attention to the last 1000 years of human history.

So is The Bible.

All religions suck.

so true.

all hail Gozer, the gozerain, the traveller and the destructor.

deathfromabove said:
so true.

all hail Gozer, the gozerain, the traveller and the destructor.

Choose....choose the form of the destructor.....

All of a sudden a 200ft tall michael bay comes walking through with a mega phone. :woot:

jk...this movie is going to rock.

cryptic name said:
i was looking forward to a scene where optimus transforms and dane (as a random passerby) shouts, "holy s**t! that robot was in disguise!"
that would make me laugh...because it's so true

lol that would be funny.

Hmm. As much as I like Dane Cook I feel there shouldn't be any real comedy in this at all, maybe just a little gag moment. But from what you guys are saying I'm worried about the level of humor in this :/

Well I can't really say I'm looking forward to seeing Anthony Anderson. Not that I don't like him but he's not what I'm looking for in a Transformers movie.

Apart from that I think Bernie Mac appears for only a few minutes and hopefully all the pissing scenes will be cut for those people with a higher IQ than 3.

:eek: pissing scenes? Please don't tell me you're serious!

Actually, having a dog piss on a TF might be funny if it's the right character, but having a TF splash oil on a human just seems wrong on so many levels. :ninja:

This sucks. It's not a real Transformers movie if Dane Cook isn't involved.

CFlash said:
Allah is the same God that Jews and Christians worship.

Christianity has killed and enslaved far more people than Islam ever has. Or have you not paid attention to the last 1000 years of human history.

So is The Bible.

All religions suck.

You are being intellectually dishonest. Have you forgotten the Armenian massacre? How about Constanople? Please become a little more enlightened before you bash christians with your atheist rhetoric, allah the muslim god is most certainly is not the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.

JamesTheDread said:
You are being intellectually dishonest. Have you forgotten the Armenian massacre? How about Constanople? Please become a little more enlightened before you bash christians with your atheist rhetoric, allah the muslim god is most certainly is not the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.

I think you will find it is you who are ignorant. You are lying to yourself, and need to pick up a few Comparative Religion courses at your local center for higher education. Some ancient history and reading comprehension classes would do you a world of good as well.

So I step into a thread with the words "Dane Cook" and "Transformers movie" in the title... and I get a passionate debate on enlightenment & religion.

I see something new every day... :p

Armenian Genocide was indeed horrible. But 1 million people- which is tragic- still doesn't compare to the 8 million (including Gypsies and other 'undesirables') that Hitler killed. Or the millions of people and entire civilizations that the Spaniards destroyed in South America and The Caribbean. And slaves in the New World?... the biggest and probably the cruelest state-sanctioned and institutionalized diaspora in the history of mankind.

And, you're wrong. The Muslim God is the same God. The Old Testament is the foundation of Muslim religion just like it is in Christianity. And Christ is considered a prophet. And I'm not an Athiest. I just happen to think close-minded fundamentalist views- both Muslim AND Christian- are ruining this world.

I'm an athiest,thank god Dane Cook isn't in this movie!

CFlash said:
Armenian Genocide was indeed horrible. But 1 million people- which is tragic- still doesn't compare to the 8 million (including Gypsies and other 'undesirables') that Hitler killed.
I don't want top get into the whole 'who killed more' debate but Hitler and his chums were far from Christian. They were Darwinists and a lot of their atrocities were a direct result of the related 'survival of the fittest' mantra.

Plus it was closer to 16 million IIRC.

The worst war in world history was caused by these guys ^, not religious fundamentalists.

Darwinists killed the Jews? That's a new slant on it...

ragdus said:
We all know the Khazakstanis killed the Jews.

ragdus said:
Nazis killed the Jews. They just so happened to believe they were superior to other races and this shone through in their attrocities a lot more than religion did (if it did at all).

So in general they leant, philisophically, more towards evolution and humanism etc than they did Christianity. ;)

That's a pretty big leap you're taking there. A superiority complex has nothing to do with Darwinian theory, or it's successors.

Evolutionary theory, as described by wikipedia:
In biology, evolution is the change in the heritable traits of a population over successive generations, as determined by shifts in the allele frequencies of genes. Over time, this process can result in speciation, the development of new species from existing ones. All contemporary organisms are related to each other through common descent, the products of cumulative evolutionary changes over billions of years. Evolution is thus the source of the vast diversity of life on Earth, including the many extinct species attested to in the fossil record.

This theory is based on natural processes, not genocide.

Well I could totally kill this thread once and for all but it'd be much easier if you Googled 'Hitler Darwinism'. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"