Daredevil 2

Let the franchise die. The first movie was mediocre at best.
Maybe in 20 years someone with an actual vision will come along and make a better one.

Ben Urich said:
If they do make a DD2, they need a director with vision, not some ****ing hack with a hardon for wire-fu fighting.
Let's see some gritty action violence in a crime drama/action film with a Daredevil that takes no prisoners and a Kingpin that actually appears menacing.

This is one of the better ideas I've read.

Maybe you should direct DD2.

Ben Urich your suggestions seem just like the Directors Cut of Daredevil.

kirbyfan said:
Ben Urich your suggestions seem just like the Directors Cut of Daredevil.

One scene with Kingpin killing two men isn't sufficient.
Why not include the training sequence from Born Again, where Kingpin dispatches 8 or so ninjas in like 30 seconds?

Yes, there should be a DD2 as long as it's done right and with a new cast

spideymusprime said:
Yes, there should be a DD2 as long as it's done right and with a new cast

What's there to tell? :confused:
Elektra's been killed off (and I doubt they'd want to bring her back, judging by how awful her movie was), Bullseye was good for a one-time gimmick, and Kingpin has been brought to justice.
I suppose they could do Born Again, but it'd take someone really visionary to make it work - along the lines of Christopher Nolan and David Finch. And what're the odds of FOX letting that happen? Nil.
Personally, I'd rather just see the franchise die.

Oh come on guys, stop being so negative, there are tons of DD stories to tell. Look, we all want certain things in these superhero movies, for instance I wanted the villian in the new Superman movie to be Darkseid, Lex Luther is just to tame and lame for me. I wanted the fight scenes in Batman Begins to be much better and I wanted to at least be able to see them!

As I've posted before, the directors cut of DD is one of the best superhero movies ever made, and another should be made as soon as possible!

I wouldn't mind seeing another DD movie I didn't absolutely hate the first one.

A new cast would be in order, as the first one was horrible and they should actually introduce Stick as a kind of mentor. The idea that DD completely trained himself is just ridiculous.

There are enough villains in DD's rogue galleries. Bring in the actual Typhoid Mary.

There is a lot they could do and only improve. They don't have to completely throw the first out the window, just do an addendum and continue on.

I love the first movie, and was really hoping for a sequel. But times have changed, and my interest has since dwindled. I'd be intrigued by a DD2, but it's not on the top of my list anymore.

Shoot, I really REALLY tried to like the first movie and even though it had its moments, it just ended up being hacked to pieces by the time it made the theaters. It seemed as if the people involved in the making of the film couldn't agree on an actual direction for the main character to go in storywise (which is probably why MSJ settled for borrowing all the best parts from Miller's runs on the title and trying to force them to fit at the cost of continuity).

I say NAY on the sequel and let the franchise "lay low" for a while. Then when the time is right for someone to take DD SERIOUSLY, go ahead and relaunch. Daredevil has always been one of the best-written characters around so you can bet we'll hear from him again on the big screen eventually...
:daredevil

PS, after watching 'Batman Begins', I couldn't help but feel THAT was the movie DD SHOULD'VE been from the start!!!:mad:

Have you seen the director's cut. It's much better than the theatrical and I feel it's even better than batman begins even though I'll be killed for saying that.

give us a sequel please and don't rush it or chop it down to a trailer like you did before.

I think that the DD Director's Cut is as enjoyable as BB, but is it a better film? No way.

The Director's Cut is a huge improvement, but it still doesn't change the horrible fight scenes, horrible dialog, terrible costume and complete bastardization of the Kingpin. I'd give the theatrical Daredevil a C-, the Director's Cut a B-, and vote no on a sequel until a studio other than Fox (who royally ****ed up the X-Men franchise) acquires the rights and takes the character seriously.

I disagree, yes they could of given the Kingpin more screen time and development, but the his fight scenes and Daredevils were dead on, way way better than that jumbled mess in Batman Begins!

What Chris Nolan has done with the Batman character is absolutely wonderful, and DD is just not as dark of a character as Batman. Now, I wouldn't mind a "DD2", just as long as it is a remake of the first. I didn't "hate" the first one, I just didn't like it very well. And no offense to MSJ, because from what I've seen of his next pic (Ghost Rider), he is a great director, and should stick with Ghost Rider and not DD. I know there is someone out there who really, really loves the DD character (like Raimi with Spider-Man, Singer with Superman) and as omeone said before, has a true "vision" about what a DD franchise of movies should be. Let that person take over the character, and bring us all joy.

kirbyfan said:
I disagree, yes they could of given the Kingpin more screen time and development, but the his fight scenes and Daredevils were dead on,

Kingpin defeated by getting his knees kicked? Are you kidding me?

Iron Man said:
What Chris Nolan has done with the Batman character is absolutely wonderful, and DD is just not as dark of a character as Batman. Now, I wouldn't mind a "DD2", just as long as it is a remake of the first. I didn't "hate" the first one, I just didn't like it very well. And no offense to MSJ, because from what I've seen of his next pic (Ghost Rider), he is a great director, and should stick with Ghost Rider and not DD. I know there is someone out there who really, really loves the DD character (like Raimi with Spider-Man, Singer with Superman) and as omeone said before, has a true "vision" about what a DD franchise of movies should be. Let that person take over the character, and bring us all joy.
DD isn't as dark as Batman? Ha. How many DD comics have you read?

FanWithoutFear said:
PS, after watching 'Batman Begins', I couldn't help but feel THAT was the movie DD SHOULD'VE been from the start!!!:mad:

EXACTLY. After watching BB, I thought to myself how better would it be if MSJ had introduced Stick as DD's mentor before Batman Begins came out (like the way it is supposed to happen). Then Stick trained Murdock in the art of ninjatsu, and make him into this acrobat/stalker who uses shadow to his advantage (since he is blind, he can use it more effectively than Batman). The name can even be originated by the fact that Murdock used Japanese oni mask to frighten his enemies early on, thus earning the nickname "Devil", or "Daredevil".

I think the best solution now (after FOX botched both DD and Elektra) is for the franchise to lay low for a decade, let Marvel get back the franchise, then relaunch it as "Man Without Fear" complete with a new director, new cast, and new beginning. And this time, Marvel will do it the way it is supposed to be. :daredevil

Well, one can only hope...

wow...Ben's ideas are soooo thought out and genius and not fanboyish at all

Wesyeed said:
Have you seen the director's cut. It's much better than the theatrical and I feel it's even better than batman begins even though I'll be killed for saying that.

Agree 100% that DD was better than Batman Begins.

well first i think marvel needs to redo all their deals with like fox and sony and get to make the movie the way they want it, not the way fox or anyone else wants it, hell why doesn't marvel just start their own movie company, have complete and utter control

i never saw dd, was never that into him in the comics but im with those who think it should be put down and remade, because when the previews came out i was like "oh look dd movie, maybe ill rent this one" never got around to renting it

Have to disagree once again, the Directors Cut of Daredevil is one of the best comic book movies ever made so far!! Don't comment if you haven't seen it!! The Directors cut is everything a DD movie should be!

Don't get me wrong, I wish they had told the real origin from the comics as well, but they didn't, so take the DD movie on it's own merits (especially the Directors cut).

Everyone that I've shown the Directors cut to, says it's an excellent movie and they are going to buy the DVD. They also wonder why that version wasn't released in the theatres?

The Directors cut is excellent, and they should follow it's lead and hurry up and make DD2!!

people say DD should be remade? are you kidding? sure, the movie sucked. but they're not gonna start over a couple of years later. that's a stupid idea. look how long it took for a batman restart.

DD shouldn't be remade and there shouldn't be a sequel. maybe YEARS later. but for now, let the movie stand on it's own. do a dark cartoon series or something to keep interest up.

I don't agree that the first one should be remade, the director's cut is excellent, but a totally new one should definitely be made!

I'm always interested in seeing what new villian will be introduced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"