Daredevil: Animated series

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Would anyone like see a Daredevil animated series. I would as long it has a PG-13 rating. Anyway here some episode ideas I had for a DD animated series:

Episode 1 and 2: The Man Without Fear

Daredevil's origin, Matt Murdock blinded by radiaoctive waste as child, must avenge his father's death and hunt down down the men responsible, Jon Slade and Roscue Sweeny AKA the Fixer. Also Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson start the Nelson and Murdock Law Firm.

Episode 3: Innocence Lost:

Children have disappearing all across NYC. Things get personal when local Hell's Kitchen resident Mickey O'Connor disappears as well. Daredevil tracks the children to an unlikely place the Tiboldt Family Circus. There DD has to face against the gruesome child killer known as the Ringmaster and his gang of twisted circus freaks.

Episode 4: Hostile Takeover:

Matt Murdock has his first encounter with the Kingpin. After business leader Maxwell Glenn takes a loan from the Kingpin, Fisk forces him to use his company as cover for Fisk's drug smuggling operation. Maxwell Glenn's daugther goes to Matt Murdock for advice. The only witness to this scheme is a Glenn Industries security guard (named Willie Lincoln, who was recently blinded by Fisk's goons.

Episode 5: Fear and Loathing:

When Matt discovers that Jason Sloan, the old dean of the Columbia law department when Murdock was a student there, has died under mysterious circumstances he begins to investigate. He soon discovers that Sloan was killed by Mr. Fear, a vengence obessed psychopath with a grudge against Matt Murdock, but why does Mr. Fear hate Murdock so much?

Episode 6: Elektra

When one of Matt's clients is being targeted by an assassin, Daredevil is shocked to discover the assassin is none other than Elektra Natchios, Matt's old college girlfriend. Now Matt is caught between his personal feelings and duty to uphold the law.

Episode 7: The Color Purple

Karen has recently been recieving a large number of gifts from a "secret admirer". Karen thinks it sweet, Foggy thinks its creepy and Matt is worried that this guy may be dangerous. Matt's fears are realized when the "secret admirer" turns out to be Zebediah Killgrave, a obsessive stalker who has recently been transformed into a psychotic rapist with mind control powers.

Episode 8: The Thin Blue Line:

Commisoner Robert O'Hara has declared war on all "costumed freaks" and started with DD. However investigations by officers Harold Driver and Paul Carson have revealed that O'Hara may be working for the Kingpin. Its up to Carson and Driver to prove that O'Hara is on the take, while DD has to avoid the NYPD.

Episode 9: The Dark Side of the Soul

A brillant bio chemist named Calvin Zabo has devised a formula that allows one's a man into an embodiment of his evil side. The scientific community thought him mad, dubbing him "Mr. Hyde" they black balled Zabo. After taking the potion, Zabo is tranformed into a hulking beast, who becomes obessed with revenge. Taking the name Mr. Hyde, Zabo becomes a ruthless serial killer, killing all those who mocked his theories. Only Daredevil can stop this madman.

Episode 10 :The Gladiator

A maniac is loose in Hell Kitchen. Calling himself the Gladiator, he his attacking people with almost no regard. However there is more than meets the eye to the Gladiator, when Matt murdock is contacted by a woman named Betsy Beatty. Beatty explains that the Gladiator is really Melvin Potter, a normally nice person who suffers from a mental illness that makes him believe that he is an ancient Roman Gladiator. Now DD must defeat the gladiator and Matt must defend Melvin Potter in court.

Episdoe 11: Privileged:

A new serial killer, named the "Death-Stalker" by the media is killing homeless people and hookers in Hell's Kitchen. DD investigates and discovers that the Death-Stalker is really billionaire play boy Phillip Wallace Sterling. When DD tires to take down Sterling, he discovers that Sterling has enough power and money to keep himself out of jail and contiue his killing spree. Can DD have Sterling put away despites the influence he has over the justice system.

Episode 12: Warzone

The Punisher has escaped from prison and is contiuing his violent war on crime. However Jigsaw, a gangster rendered deformed by the Punisher, has declared war on the Punisher, using all means at his disposal to kill Punisher. Daredevil becomes caught in the middle and has to take down both of those lunatics before the streets are littered with corpses.

Episode 13: Bullseye (season Finale)

After Daredevil busts up one of the Kingpin's major drug operations, the Kingpin decides to bring out the big guns. He hires Bullseye, the world's greatest assassin to kill Daredevil. Now Daredevil must face his greates challenge yet and this time he may not survive.

Here is the Cast so far:

Kingpin: Roscoe Lee Browne

Daredevil: Edward Albert

I can take suggests on other cast members. If you like this season, I can post season 2 very soon.

ah.. good stuff.. if only Avi Arad would actually move forward on this.. I don't know why a DD series was not developed after the movie came out.. (?!?!)

hopefully, he'll at least get his own animated movie, like Ultimate Avengers..

I think because the movie was heavily bashed

roach said:
I think because the movie was heavily bashed

That's a shame because Fox was planning on making a prime time adult based DD series, but Marvel wanted to hold off until the movie was released and because of that the series was never aired. Here just check the bottom of this page:
http://daredevil.dreamhost.com/tv.htm

1439.jpg

A Bruce Timm DD

I would like to see a DTV based on Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra and treated like Ultimate Avengers was, a combination of 616 and Ultimate Marvel (in this case 616 Daredevil and Ultimate Daredevil)

hippie_hunter said:
I would like to see a DTV based on Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra and treated like Ultimate Avengers was, a combination of 616 and Ultimate Marvel (in this case 616 Daredevil and Ultimate Daredevil)

What's the difference between 616 DD and Ultimate DD?

The Overlord said:
That's a shame because Fox was planning on making a prime time adult based DD series, but Marvel wanted to hold off until the movie was released and because of that the series was never aired. Here just check the bottom of this page:
http://daredevil.dreamhost.com/tv.htm
Thanks for these.:up: I didn't know they had proposed a Dardevil animated show. The designs look good shame it wasn't made.

It would be cool,however I would prefer a Daredevil 2 movie,alot more.

The Overlord said:
What's the difference between 616 DD and Ultimate DD?

None really. Although alot of people complain that the two Ultimate Daredevil minis that came out were boring. Me, I liked 'em.

The Overlord said:
Would anyone like see a Daredevil animated series. I would as long it has a PG-13 rating. Anyway here some episode ideas I had for a DD animated series:

Episode 1 and 2: The Man Without Fear

Daredevil's origin, Matt Murdock blinded by radiaoctive waste as child, must avenge his father's and hunt down down the men responsible, Jon Slade and Roscue Sweeny AKA the Fixer. Also Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson start the Nelson and Murdock Law Firm.

Episode 3: Innocence Lost:

Children have disappearing all across NYC. Things get personal when local Hell's Kitchen resident Mickey O'Connor disappears as well. Daredevil tracks the children to an unlikely place the Tiboldt Family Circus. There DD has to face against the gruesome child killer known as the Ringmaster and his gang of twisted circus freaks.

Episode 4: Hostile Takeover:

Matt Murdock has his first encounter with the Kingpin. After business leader Maxwell Glenn takes a loan from the Kingpin, Fisk forces him to use his company as cover for Fisk's smuggling operation. Maxwell Glenn's daugther goes to Matt Murdock for advice. The only witness to this scheme is a Glenn Industries security guard (named Willie Lincoln, who was recently blinded by Fisk's goons.

Episode 5: Fear and Loathing:

When Matt discovers that Jason Sloan, the old dean of the Columbia law department when Murdock was a student there, has died under mysterious circumstances he begins to investigate. He soon discovers that Sloan was killed by Mr. Fear, a vengence obessed psychopath with a grudge against Matt Murdock, but why does Mr. Fear Murdock so much?

Episode 6: Elektra

When one of Matt's clients is being targeted by an assassin, Daredevil is shocked to discover the assassin is none other than Elektra Natchios, Matt's old college friend. Now Matt is caught between his personal feelings and duty to uphold the law.

Episode 7: The Color Purple

Karen has recently been recieving a large number of gifts from a "secret admirer". Karen thinks it sweet, Foggy thinks its creepy and Matt is worried that this guy may be dangerous. Matt's fears are realized when the "secret admirer" turns out to be Zebediah Killgrave, a obsessive stalker who has recently been transformed into a psychotic rapist with mind control powers.

Episode 8: The Thin Blue Line:

Commisoner Robert O'Hara has declared war on all "costumed freaks" and started with DD. However investigations by officers Harold Driver and Paul Carson have revealed that O'Hara may be working for the Kingpin. Its up to Carson and Driver to prove that O'Hara is on the take, while DD has to avoid the NYPD.

Episode 9: The Dark Side of the Soul

A brillant bio chemist named Calvin Zabo has devised a formula that allows one's a man into an embodiment of his evil side. The scientific community thought him mad, dubbing him "Mr. Hyde" they black balled Zabo. After taking the potion, Zabo is tranformed into a hulking beast, who becomes obessed with revenge. Taking the name Mr. Hyde, Zabo becomes a ruthless serial killer, all those who mocked his theories. Only Daredevil can stop this madman.

Episode 10 :The Gladiator

A maniac is loose in Hell Kitchen. Calling himself the Gladiator, he his attacking people with almost no regard. However there is more than meets the eye to the Gladiator, when Matt murdock is contacted by a woman named Betsy Beatty. Beatty explains that the Gladiator is really Melvin Potter, a normally nice person who suffers from a mental illness that makes him believe that he is an ancient Roman Gladiator. Now DD must defeat the gladiator and Matt must defend Melvin Potter in court.

Episdoe 11: Privileged:

A new serial killer, named the % -Stalker" by the media is homeless people and s in Hell's Kitchen. DD investigates and discovers that the -Stalker is really billionaire Phillip Wallace Sterling. When DD tires to take down Sterling, he discovers that Sterling has enough power and money to keep himself out of jail and contiue his spree. Can DD have Sterling put away despites the influence he has over the justice system.

Episode 12: Warzone

The Punisher has escaped from prison and is contiuing his violent war on crime. However Jigsaw, a gangster rendered deformed by the Punisher, has declared war on the Punisher, using all means at his disposal to kill Punisher. Daredevil becomes caught in the middle and has to take down both of those lunatics before the streets are littered with corpses.

Episode 13: Bullseye (season Finale)

After Daredevil busts up one of the Kingpin's major operations, the Kingpin decides to bring out the big guns. He hires Bullseye, the world's greatest assassin to kill Daredevil. Now Daredevil must face his greates challenge yet and this time he may not survive.

Here is the Cast so far:

Kingpin: Roscoe Lee Browne

Daredevil: Edward Albert

I can take suggests on other cast members. If you like this season, I can post season 2 very soon.

Buddy, I couldn't have done it better myself. And, I've been doing synopsis fanfics on the Hype! boards for almost five years now. Keep up the good work, and if you need any help with season two, please pm me.

Kenny Eugene McCall

hippie_hunter said:
that sounds like a good idea and so do the overlords synopsises

Here are my second season ideas:

Episdoe 14-15: Power Play

The Owl, after recent events, believes he can take over the Kingpin's empire and hires Patrick "The Gael" O'Hanlon, an ex IRA terrorist and current explosive expert for hire, to begin torching Fisk's holdings in NYC. Things gets worse when the Gael frames his ex lover, Glorianna O'Breen for the crime. Can Murdock prove O'Breen's innocence and can DD stop the Owl and the Gael before more innocent lives are lost.

Episode 16: I, Monster

A mysterious creature is on the loose in Hell's Kitchen. It is described as a half man, half bull creature. When DD investigates he discovers that the creature is being chased its creator, Dr. Joseph Kline and his men. Kline explains the creature is dangerous and needs to be recaptured, but DD knows Kline is not being enitrely truthful. Who is the real monster here?

Episode 17: A Leap of Faith:

A dangerous new cult has been active in Hell's Kitchen recently. The Universal Church of Truth has been commiting ritual murders across Hell's Kitchen, cleansing it of "non-believers." Led by a dangerous madman called the Nameless One, DD has put these psychopaths out of comission before the streets are red with blood.

Episode 18: What Dreams May Come:

A new drug is flooding Hell's Kitchen. Its called "Dream Dust" and it makes LSD look like children's cold medcine by comparsion. Users experience complete hapiness and their greatest desires play before their eyes. When the effects wear off the user will do anything to got more Dream Dust. This new drug has greatly increased the amount of crime in Hell's Kitchen and DD vows to put an end to it. DD knows the Kingpin's mobs are the ones selling the drug, but who is creating it?

Episode 19-20: The Hand

A mysterious group of ninjas known as the Hand has been taking away all the assassination for hire contracts from the Kingpin's mob. The Kingpin decides to counter this by secretly hiring the Hand to kill Daredevil, thus pitting his enemies against eachother. However Daredevil's old flame Elektra has a past with the Hand and now they will have to work together to defeat their common foe.

Episode 21: Redemption:

After working with Riker's psychologist, Betsy Beatty, Melvin Potter is cured by the metal illness he was suffereing from. His lawyer Matt Murdock is able to get him a conditional discharge and Potter becomes romantically involved with Betsy. However the Kingpin has other ideas. Fisk has goons kidnap Betsy and threatens to kill her, unless Potter becomes the Gladiator and kills DD. Will Potter's sanity survive this trial by fire?

Episode 22: Manhunt

Daredevil has finally picked up the trail of the man who murdered his father, Jon Slade, who was able to escape from him nearly a year ago. DD rentlessly pursues Slade, cutting a path of destruction through NYC's underworld. However in his quest to avenge his father's death, will Matt Murdock betray the principals of justice he believes in?

Episode 23: Turncoat:

One of the Kingpin's hitmen, Vic Krueller has decided to turn in state's evidence against Wilson Fisk. The Feds are willing to do anything to keep Krueller alive so he can testify against the Kingpin before the grand jury, but Daredevil knows their protection will not be enough and decides to become Krueller's guardian devil. Kingpin discovers Krueller's betrayal and is determined to kill Krueller at all cost. Things get even more interesting assassins like Bullseye and Elektra get involved. Is this the end for the Kingpin or will Daredevil fail in his latest mission against the Kingpin's empire?

Episode 24: Pick Your Poison:

A twisted killer named the Cobra has come to NYC with plans to poison a large group of people. DD discovers this mad plot and vows to stop it. However things become more personal when Karen Page and Foggy Nelson are exposed to Cobra's deadly poison. Both now only have 24 hours to live. DD nows has to race against time to save both NYC and his friends.

Episode 25: Hide and Seek

DD is fighting Mr. Hyde when the Hyde forumla suddenly wears off and Hyde becomes Calvin Zabo. After Zabo is arrested, it turns out it Mr. Hyde kidnapped a 11 year old named Liz Simmons the night before. Hyde stored her some place and Zabo claims that Mr. Hyde kidnapped her as an "insurance policy" and that only Mr. Hyde can reveal the location of the girl before she dies of stravation. Zabo says the only way Hyde can reveal the information is if he is given the formula, but DD knows Zabo is lying. DD is still stuck with a dangerous choice, help a monster like Hyde and give him a chance to create new victims or allow a 11 year old girl to die.

Episode 26: Apocalypse (Season Finale)

Kingpin is tired of Bullseye's failure to kill DD and has him fired as his chief assassin. Kingpin is impressed with Elektra's victory over the Hand and decides to give her the position. Bullseye is enraged that he is being replaced, so he tracks down Elektra and kills her. Now Daredevil has to has sworn revenge on Bullseye, is this their last battle?

episode 21 reminds me of the first daredevil novel
i think it was called the razors edgeBUT THIS MIGHT BE THE SECOND NOVELS TITLE CAN ANYONE CLARIFY THIS THANKS

3dman27 said:
episode 21 reminds me of the first daredevil novel
i think it was called the razors edgeBUT THIS MIGHT BE THE SECOND NOVELS TITLE CAN ANYONE CLARIFY THIS THANKS

Your thinking of Predator's Smile the first DD novel, yep that's where I got the idea from, though I believe something like that was done in the comics as well.

Good stuff, man. Although, I had a different idea for Deathstalker. Mine was, he was this rich, high class guy who had been tried and convicted of murder, and was given the electric chair. He was declaired dead and burried. However, something went wrong. He didn't die. And, due to something unique in his body, the electricity changed him. It altered the electromagnetic feild around his body that keeps him (and all objects) from passing through whatever they touch. Now, he could manipulate it. He climed out of his grave, and thinking that he had been brought back to life to seek vengance, began hunting down all the people who had been responsible for his "exicution". His last target is the detective who caught him, who is now retired and living in New York.

The Overlord said:
Your thinking of Predator's Smile the first DD novel, yep that's where I got the idea from, though I believe something like that was done in the comics as well.
that i was overlord thank you

The Question said:
Good stuff, man. Although, I had a different idea for Deathstalker. Mine was, he was this rich, high class guy who had been tried and convicted of murder, and was given the electric chair. He was declaired dead and burried. However, something went wrong. He didn't die. And, due to something unique in his body, the electricity changed him. It altered the electromagnetic feild around his body that keeps him (and all objects) from passing through whatever they touch. Now, he could manipulate it. He climed out of his grave, and thinking that he had been brought back to life to seek vengance, began hunting down all the people who had been responsible for his "exicution". His last target is the detective who caught him, who is now retired and living in New York.

Interesting idea. What I was going for Death-Stalker is I wanted DD to have a foe other then the Kingpin who had the power to stay above the law. While Kingpin uses his influence to build and control a criminal empire Sterling is a rich spoiled brat, who became a serial killer merely to relieve his boredom. Unlike the Kingpin who is somewhat like John Gotti (the teflon don), Phil Sterling's family is widely respected and made all their money legitimately.

Anyway I would have it that Sterlings uses his influence to bribe a SHIELD sceintist into giving him the plans for a new weapon, a device that allows its user to have limited control over his own molecules. This allows the user to phase through solid matter and slow down the molecules of others merely touching them. He would a wear a ski mask, a trench coat and fedora to hide his ID while killing. He targets the homeless because he believes that they are worthless, non human parasites and he believes he has a right to kill them for his own entertainment.

When DD finds evidence of Sterling's crimes, Phil uses his family's influence to stay out of jail and contiue his killing spree, with his mother using her family's fortune to keep defend her son in the media. That would give DD a real reason to hate Sterling, because he is getting away with murder and the law can't touch. I was thinking of ending the story with DD fighting Death-Stalke and accidently damaging his device which leaves him in permanent phased state.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the voice cast besides DD and Kingpin who I have already cast?

Since I already expanded upon my idea for the character of Death-Stalker, I thought I might go into some detail on how some of the B list rogues would be revaamped for the cartoon seres:

Mr. Fear:

Alan Fagan's parents had always encourged him to be the best student in school, but he was always being bested by Matt Murdock. Instead of praising
Alan for his accomplishments, they would always berate him for comming in second.

When Murdock was blinded, Alan was overjoyed, believing that he finally had the edge on his old rival. However when Matt still proved to be the superior student and became valedictorian of their high school, Alan was enraged. Again his parents berated him for coming in second place.

Both Matt and Alan enrolled in law courses at Columbia University. When Matt once got superior marks to Alan, Alan decided to even the odds. Alan decided to steal the answers to the term's final law exam. However Matt discovered Alan's attempted theft and reported to campus security.

The Dean of Columbia's law department, Jason Sloan berate Alan and had him exspelled. Alan's parents disowned him and he was forced to become a janitor.

Years later, Alan was working as a janitor in the lab of Dr. Samuel Starr, a famous chemist. One night Dr. Starr creates a fear serum by accident. Alan knocks Starr out, steals his notes and the sample of the serum. He then sets fire to the lab, making it look like an accident.

Studying Starr's notes Alan manages to recreate the fear serum. Alan creates a costume and begins a campaign of revenge, as Mr. Fear. Mr. fear murders his parents and Dean Sloan by exposing them to his fear gas and giving them heart attacks. Now Mr. Fear is ready to gain revenge on the person he hates the most, Matt Murdock.

Man-Bull:

A sad and pathetic creature, Man-Bull is one of a newer generation of Animal Evolutionary. Created by the cruel Dr. Kline at Roxxon's secret genetic lab, the creature was tortured, treated as a lab rat and given the name "Man-Bull" as sign of Kline's contempt of the creature. One night the "Man-Bull" creature escapes from Dr. Kline's lab. Dr. Kline assembles a team of mercenaries to track down and recapture the creature.

Daredevil discovers battle between Man-Bull and Dr. Kline's team and assumes that "Man-Bull" is the threat. The creature escapes and Kline tells DD that creature is dangerous and must be recaptured. When DD discovers the Man-Bull creature again he finds it is quite harmless and discovers evidence of torture. DD quickly discovers that Dr. Kline is the true monster, not Man-Bull.

Ringmaster:

Maynard Tiboldt did not have a happy childhood, his druken father would beat him everyday. One day the police came and took Maynard Tiboldt's father away and Maynard has sent to several different foster homes, where he suffers similar abuses. When Maynard becomes 18 he joins a circus as a clown. Over his career as a clown, he sees happy families and is filled with rage, seeing happy families reminds him of his own stolen childhood.

One day he secretly kidnaps and murders one of the children visiting the circus. When he finds out about the family's sorrow on the news, he is killed with sadistic joy. Maynard quickly takes over the circus, filling it with criminals and freaks. Maynard's circus goes around killing children in small towns, framing some local pattsy for the crime. Soon Maynard's circus is comming to NYC.

Wild Boys:

The Wild Boys are a street gang that operate in Hell's Kitchen. They act as low level enforcers for the Kingpin, selling his drugs, stealing cars and dropping them off to the Kingpin's chop shops. The Wild boys are run by two thugish brothers that go by the nick names Jet and Spit.
Daredevil busts up the Wild Boys after Mickey O'Connor tries to join them.

Nameless One:

The man known only as the "Nameless One" is the leader of a cult known as "The Universal Church of Truth". He has taken the title of "The Nameless One" because he believes his name does not matter, only his mission does. The Nameless One believes he is the last prophet of God, sent here to clease the world of unbelievers who do not accept him as God's last prophet. He has total command over hundreds of followers who will do anything he commands and has been ordering ritual killings all over Hell's Kitchen. Only Daredevil can stop this madman.

Cobra:

Klaus Voorhees is a twisted killer and poisons expert, who goes by the name Cobra. Voorhees has doctorate in chemistry, though he was always interested in the effects poison can have on the human body. When he was high school student, he was able to poison the food at the school cafeteria killing 12 students and framed a dupe (the janitor) for the crime. Voorhees considers himself a scientist who must push limits to further research into poison.

Voorhees often kidnaps people off the street and exposes them to his poisons to study their effects. Voorhees has made a lot of money selling designer poisons on the black market poisons that odorless, flavorless, invisible to the eye, but he wishes to conduct a grand and epic experiment. He goes to NYC with plans to poison large number of people. Can DD stop this maniac?

Cobra carries pellets that contain poisonous gas with him and has a knife where the blade is covered with poison.

The Overlord said:
Interesting idea. What I was going for Death-Stalker is I wanted DD to have a foe other then the Kingpin who had the power to stay above the law. While Kingpin uses his influence to build and control a criminal empire Sterling is a rich spoiled brat, who became a serial killer merely to relieve his boredom. Unlike the Kingpin who is somewhat like John Gotti (the teflon don), Phil Sterling's family is widely respected and made all their money legitimately.

Anyway I would have it that Sterlings uses his influence to bribe a SHIELD sceintist into giving him the plans for a new weapon, a device that allows its user to have limited control over his own molecules. This allows the user to phase through solid matter and slow down the molecules of others merely touching them. He would a wear a ski mask, a trench coat and fedora to hide his ID while killing. He targets the homeless because he believes that they are worthless, non human parasites and he believes he has a right to kill them for his own entertainment.

When DD finds evidence of Sterling's crimes, Phil uses his family's influence to stay out of jail and contiue his killing spree, with his mother using her family's fortune to keep defend her son in the media. That would give DD a real reason to hate Sterling, because he is getting away with murder and the law can't touch. I was thinking of ending the story with DD fighting Death-Stalke and accidently damaging his device which leaves him in permanent phased state.

Sounds okay. I just think the whole "coming back from the dead" aspect is a bit creepyer. And, you could still have his death touch thing by saying that whenever he passes through an object, it's molecular structure is weakened. I's have that so, in the bic climactic fight, Daredevil confronts Deathstalker in an abandoned building. Deathstalker starts swinging at Daredevil, trying to kill him, and phases through one too many support beams instead. The building colapses, and Daredevil escapes. Deathstalker doesn't. Then, at the end, we get the big reveal with the cops discovering no signs of a body.

The Overlord said:
Since I already expanded upon my idea for the character of Death-Stalker, I thought I might go into some detail on how some of the B list rogues would be revaamped for the cartoon seres:

Mr. Fear:

Alan Fagan's parents had always encourged him to be the best student in school, but he was always being bested by Matt Murdock. Instead of praising
Alan for his accomplishments, they would always berate him for comming in second.

When Murdock was blinded, Alan was overjoyed, believing that he finally had the edge on his old rival. However when Matt still proved to be the superior student and became valedictorian of their high school, Alan was enraged. Again his parents berated him for coming in second place.

Both Matt and Alan enrolled in law courses at Columbia University. When Matt once got superior marks to Alan, Alan decided to even the odds. Alan decided to steal the answers to the term's final law exam. However Matt discovered Alan's attempted theft and reported to campus security.

The Dean of Columbia's law department, Jason Sloan berate Alan and had him exspelled. Alan's parents disowned him and he was forced to become a janitor.

Years later, Alan was working as a janitor in the lab of Dr. Samuel Starr, a famous chemist. One night Dr. Starr creates a fear serum by accident. Alan knocks Starr out, steals his notes and the sample of the serum. He then sets fire to the lab, making it look like an accident.

Studying Starr's notes Alan manages to recreate the fear serum. Alan creates a costume and begins a campaign of revenge, as Mr. Fear. Mr. fear murders his parents and Dean Sloan by exposing them to his fear gas and giving them heart attacks. Now Mr. Fear is ready to gain revenge on the person he hates the most, Matt Murdock.

Man-Bull:

A sad and pathetic creature, Man-Bull is one of a newer generation of Animal Evolutionary. Created by the cruel Dr. Kline at Roxxon's secret genetic lab, the creature was tortured, treated as a lab rat and given the name "Man-Bull" as sign of Kline's contempt of the creature. One night the "Man-Bull" creature escapes from Dr. Kline's lab. Dr. Kline assembles a team of mercenaries to track down and recapture the creature.

Daredevil discovers battle between Man-Bull and Dr. Kline's team and assumes that "Man-Bull" is the threat. The creature escapes and Kline tells DD that creature is dangerous and must be recaptured. When DD discovers the Man-Bull creature again he finds it is quite harmless and discovers evidence of torture. DD quickly discovers that Dr. Kline is the true monster, not Man-Bull.

Ringmaster:

Maynard Tiboldt did not have a happy childhood, his druken father would beat him everyday. One day the police came and took Maynard Tiboldt's father away and Maynard has sent to several different foster homes, where he suffers similar abuses. When Maynard becomes 18 he joins a circus as a clown. Over his career as a clown, he sees happy families and is filled with rage, seeing happy families reminds him of his own stolen childhood.

One day he secretly kidnaps and murders one of the children visiting the circus. When he finds out about the family's sorrow on the news, he is killed with sadistic joy. Maynard quickly takes over the circus, filling it with criminals and freaks. Maynard's circus goes around killing children in small towns, framing some local pattsy for the crime. Soon Maynard's circus is comming to NYC.

Wild Boys:

The Wild Boys are a street gang that operate in Hell's Kitchen. They act as low level enforcers for the Kingpin, selling his drugs, stealing cars and dropping them off to the Kingpin's chop shops. The Wild boys are run by two thugish brothers that go by the nick names Jet and Spit.
Daredevil busts up the Wild Boys after Mickey O'Connor tries to join them.

Nameless One:

The man known only as the "Nameless One" is the leader of a cult known as "The Universal Church of Truth". He has taken the title of "The Nameless One" because he believes his name does not matter, only his mission does. The Nameless One believes he is the last prophet of God, sent here to clease the world of unbelievers who do not accept him as God's last prophet. He has total command over hundreds of followers who will do anything he commands and has been ordering ritual killings all over Hell's Kitchen. Only Daredevil can stop this madman.

Cobra:

Klaus Voorhees is a twisted killer and poisons expert, who goes by the name Cobra. Voorhees has doctorate in chemistry, though he was always interested in the effects poison can have on the human body. When he was high school student, he was able to poison the food at the school cafeteria killing 12 students and framed a dupe (the janitor) for the crime. Voorhees considers himself a scientist who must push limits to further research into poison.

Voorhees often kidnaps people off the street and exposes them to his poisons to study their effects. Voorhees has made a lot of money selling designer poisons on the black market poisons that odorless, flavorless, invisible to the eye, but he wishes to conduct a grand and epic experiment. He goes to NYC with plans to poison large number of people. Can DD stop this maniac?

Cobra carries pellets that contain poisonous gas with him and has a knife where the blade is covered with poison.

I like these, except Ringmaster and Cobra. I don't really like Ringmaster, and I'm not sure how I feel about Cobra. Often, the idea to ,ake a character cooler is to make them a psychotic killer. This works for some. Not all. I mean, your Ringmaster is a major departure from the origional character. And really, the origional isn;t a terrible character. He just needs a good writer to make him cooler. Way I'd handel Ringmaster is this:

Basically, he's a criminal mastermind who works out of a circus/carnival. The entire circus/carnival is in on it, and helps him out with his crimes. Now, mostly they're small stuff. Pickpocketing the croud during the act while they're distracted. Rigging the carnival games to cheat people out of their money. Stuff like that. But, The Ringmaster is hardly a low level thug. He's a genius. And, he is a master hypnotist. In fact, at the end of every show, he preforms a hypnotism act. Most of it's purely innocent (if not embarrasing for the volunteers). But, whenever he gets a rather important person on stage, he'll hy[notise them into doing something for him later on. Such as, an owner of a bank giving The Ringmaster all of the bank's money. Most of this is just simple cons. However, after a while, he starts getting into something a bit more dangerous. Child slavery. He'll hypnotise kids into running away from home. Then, his cronies'll pick them up, lock them up, and Ringmaster will sell them to whoever pays the right price. Of course, this is called to Daredevil's atention.

As for Cobra, well, I just don't see the need to make him a psychotic killer. He could jus be a theif. Or, if you want to make him a little more kill happy, an assasin for hire. You could have a continuing story arc in the series involving the Roxxon oil company, and have Cobra be one of their cronies.

The Question said:
I like these, except Ringmaster and Cobra. I don't really like Ringmaster, and I'm not sure how I feel about Cobra. Often, the idea to ,ake a character cooler is to make them a psychotic killer. This works for some. Not all. I mean, your Ringmaster is a major departure from the origional character. And really, the origional isn;t a terrible character. He just needs a good writer to make him cooler. Way I'd handel Ringmaster is this:

Basically, he's a criminal mastermind who works out of a circus/carnival. The entire circus/carnival is in on it, and helps him out with his crimes. Now, mostly they're small stuff. Pickpocketing the croud during the act while they're distracted. Rigging the carnival games to cheat people out of their money. Stuff like that. But, The Ringmaster is hardly a low level thug. He's a genius. And, he is a master hypnotist. In fact, at the end of every show, he preforms a hypnotism act. Most of it's purely innocent (if not embarrasing for the volunteers). But, whenever he gets a rather important person on stage, he'll hy[notise them into doing something for him later on. Such as, an owner of a bank giving The Ringmaster all of the bank's money. Most of this is just simple cons. However, after a while, he starts getting into something a bit more dangerous. Child slavery. He'll hypnotise kids into running away from home. Then, his cronies'll pick them up, lock them up, and Ringmaster will sell them to whoever pays the right price. Of course, this is called to Daredevil's atention.

As for Cobra, well, I just don't see the need to make him a psychotic killer. He could jus be a theif. Or, if you want to make him a little more kill happy, an assasin for hire. You could have a continuing story arc in the series involving the Roxxon oil company, and have Cobra be one of their cronies.

To each their own, but I like my ideas. Since Batman Returns I always liked the idea of an evil circus, filled with gruesome freaks. Plus we already have a mind control guy with Purple Man, so Ringmaster will just seem redundant if you use mind control thing instead of playing up the circus freaks angle. Frankly in the comics Ringo is pretty lame at this point, all he does is the same thing over and over again, you have seen once Ringmaster story you have seen them all.

As for Cobra, when I think of Cobra I think of poison expert rather anything else (I would leave out the bitten a radioactive cobra bit, that's was always a total Spidey ripoff.) A poison expert would be more useful as killer rather than a theif, plus he could make way more money selling his poisons rather than using them as an assassin. Plus I like the idea of Cobra seeing himself as an scientist who happens to believe that he has the right to test his poisons on anyone who he pleases. Plus DD fights too many assassins, Elektra and Bullseye are already assassins, they could work for Roxxon or something, Cobra would be redundant if he was another assassin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"