Daredevil Daredevil Official Reviews Thread

"Daredevil himself is just a blind man who is really good at close-quarter fighting but who, realistically, would be shot dead within the first 30 seconds of any encounter he has with real bad guys."

Dammit Deknight! How come your documentary about a blind lawyer and vigilante isn't realistic enough?!

Do people complain about Batman "just being some guy" who should be shot dead really quickly? Because I cannot recall that being the case. Hell people don't even make that complain about Oliver Queen on Arrow, and he doesn't even wear body armor.

Yeah, I can't take any review serious, if that's the complaint.

Hitfix review
[YT]y8ZsDMLCXlM[/YT]

Yeah, I can't take any review serious, if that's the complaint.

Agreed dumb complaint literally every action hero would die very quickly realistically.

Han Solo should be dead right here. Star Wars is s*** :o

dstiebay.jpg

It's cool, the NYT review is a positive on RT, and Noel Murray gave it a mixed review (B-) for AV Club... So I cannot wait to read the comments section about that.

Alan Sepinwall gave it a very positive review for Hitfix, both from a fan perspective of DD and from a TV critic perspective, so a nice, positive counter for the more mixed NYT review...

Even the Noel Murray stinker review we've been waiting for since he made his ominous tweet didn't turn out too bad. B- still falls on the positive scale on AV Club's rating system. I think the concensus is definitely a positive one from critics. But now we near the point where the only opinion that matters will be our own.

It's cool, the NYT review is a positive on RT, and Noel Murray gave it a mixed review (B-) for AV Club... So I cannot wait to read the comments section about that.

Alan Sepinwall gave it a very positive review for Hitfix, both from a fan perspective of DD and from a TV critic perspective, so a nice, positive counter for the more mixed NYT review...

I thought we were talking about the THR review. That was the one that mentioned Daredevil getting shot right?

I thought we were talking about the THR review. That was the one that mentioned Daredevil getting shot right?

Oh yeah, you guys were. I just chirped in with the NYT thing; that it ended up as a positive review :woot:

I'm honestly considering going to bed early tonight and waking up at 3 or 4 to start watching the first two episodes before I have to get everyone started for the day....

Do people complain about Batman "just being some guy" who should be shot dead really quickly? Because I cannot recall that being the case. Hell people don't even make that complain about Oliver Queen on Arrow, and he doesn't even wear body armor.

To be fair, Arrow gets much less attention. If critics somehow gave a ****, they would probably say the same thing.

Ah, how I hate the anti-superhero bandwagon. **** that ****.

Faraci is still sticking to his "first few episodes are pretty terrible" statement. Like yesterday however, he adds it gets better in 4.

Tho of course it seems like he just added that to cover his ass (supposedly talked to more people nobody knows about). Took him a week.

Faraci is still sticking to his "first few episodes are pretty terrible" statement. Like yesterday however, he adds it gets better in 4.

Tho of course it seems like he just added that to cover his ass (supposedly talked to more people nobody knows about). Took him a week.
We really should stop giving it attention.

We really should stop giving it attention.

I do find it funny that after him fuming in relative silence as all the great reviews and strong trailers came in, all of a sudden he's a blur of activity on his Twitter feed pontificating on Daredevil the second any aspect of the show appears that has got so much as a whisper of negative feedback. It's like he's gone, "At last... THIS is my moment!"

It's funny because he bashed the costume and also said he's heard bad buzz, but then one of the commenters asked him what reviews he's read when the majority are positive even from major TV critics like Sepinwall. So he gave a link to the THR review. Just that ONE review. Give it up already, man.

It's funny because he bashed the costume and also said he's heard bad buzz, but then one of the commenters asked him what reviews he's read when the majority are positive even from major TV critics like Sepinwall. So he gave a link to the THR review. Just that ONE review. Give it up already, man.

Of course that would be the only review that counts to him. When we get the terrible review of this series from BadassDigest it will of course be the least shocking revelation ever. At this stage I can't even be angry with him about it when it comes, because he's invested so much in the show being a flop and staked so much of his credibility on it that he can't praise the show now.

I never took him seriously anyway.

I like the guy, but his vendetta with anime can be really grating.

I like the guy, but his vendetta with anime can be really grating.
His comments on anime and generalizing and painting it all with such a brush were equally disgusting. He complains about the hate tweets he gets, then he posts bullying, denigrating, and insulting tweets. He is a total hypocrit.

Hey I don't care for anime' either but I'll not begrudge anyone else their right to like it. It just isn't my cup'o tea. I don't crap on it, I just avoid it altogether. Too used to western style storytelling I guess.

Which is too damn bad because Fullmetal Alchemist is better than pretty much anything else out there.

As in all things, that's a matter of opinion. Many would say TDK is better than anything out there yet I know now that if I were to just watch it based off those recommendations I'd be pissed off.

I'm long in the tooth enough to know my tastes and I stick to them. Anime' ain't it for me. Just like YA adaptions and video game movies. I avoid them all.

I sure hope so as I wasn't so hot on that either. ;)

I adored TDKR. Daredevil (assuming episode 1 was not some crazy outlier) is better. I'm just astonished at the quality of the "pilot".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"