• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Dario Argento does DRACULA

roach

I am the night
Reaction score
FrightFest's Alan Jones posted the news on Twitter

"Just announced, Dario Argento's DRACULA in 3D, filming in Italy January, period setting."

There isn't much more online about it yet. All that is known is that it will apparently be a realistic take..whatever that means! Will we be seeing a fangless Drac extracting blood via needle or something? Its also supposed to be..

"a faithful translation of the Bram Stoker novel."

If you haven't heard of Argento he's an Italian director that is very highly thought of among horror buffs. His most famous films are probably Tenebrae, Susperia and the controversial Opera. I always thought he was a bit over rated myself, although there is no denying his style and influence as well as his very inventive use of gore! As for the more faithful adaptation of the novel, well I always though Coppola's was pretty close, although even that couldn't resist adding the love element. For anyone who has never read Stoker's novel, his Dracula is a cold blooded monster, no reincarnated soul mates in that book I tell ya! Anyway, Dracula has long been a staple of horror films, comics and tv and I have always been a fan so I'm looking forward to this.

Attachments

• DRACULAART.jpg
    DRACULAART.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 13
Holy ****!

Argento doing a hopefully faithful adaptation of Dracula is pure awesomeness.

I wonder what the hypers who complained in the past of Coppola's version think of this.

I am in the middle of reading Dracula and I am all in favor of an accurate depiction....as long as Vlad is a monster and no love story

Coppola's version was fine. There's no need for this. And a more "faithful" version means that Dracula will be in it for 5 minutes.

I like Coppola's version and tend to defend it when purists complain but I don't think Argento's film will just be the journal excerpts and little to no Dracula.

Coppola's version isnt the end all be all of Dracula...there are several Robin Hood flicks...Dracula is just one of those characters that can be retold

Hammer's version >>>>> Coppola's version. Looking forward to this, however.

I'm suprised Argento wouldn't go with using the monster but it should still be good. I guess we won't be seeing it in 3-d though.

Has anybody seen this already? The reviews weren't very positive.

What the hell was the mantis doing there?

If I had to reduce my review to three words, I would borrow them from your post, Lord: What the hell?

That's the film in a nutshell; very little makes sense and the direction feels phoned in.

It seems like a cosy, old-fashioned horror to me :)

A cosy, old-fashioned horror film with terrible CGI insects and gratuitous nudity from the director's daughter, maybe.

I just think Argento's heyday was back in the 70's. It's not the same anymore.

But seriously, how ****ed up is Dario and Asia Argento's relationship? She's naked, in what, every one of his movies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"