Eli Roth's Netflix Series - Hemlock Grove

Lasirius

tarifa
Reaction score
Netflix has debuted a trailer for their upcoming original series "Hemlock Grove" from executive producer Eli Roth and based on Brian McGreevy's novel of the same name. Check it out in the player below!

All 13-episodes of the series, which stars Famke Janssen (X-Men), Bill Skarsgard (Simon & The Oaks), Landon Liboiron ("Terra Nova"), Penelope Mitchell (6 Plots), Freya Tingley (X: Night of Vengeance), and Dougray Scott (Mission Impossible II) will debut April 19 in all territories that Netflix is available – U.S., Canada, the UK, Ireland, Latin America, Brazil and Scandinavia.

"'Hemlock Grove' is unlike anything else in its genre," said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer, Netflix. "It's sexy, gripping, emotional and twisted, and we're certain viewers are going to be captivated by its intensity."

The series revolves around the eccentric residents of a dilapidated former Pennsylvania steel town and the murder of 17-year-old Brooke Bluebell. Through the investigation, the town's seamier side is exposed, revealing that nothing is what it seems.

"Hemlock Grove" marks the first foray into television by Roth (Hostel, Cabin Fever), who also directed the first episode. The series is executive produced by Roth, McGreevy & Shipman, Mark Verheiden, Deran Sarafian, Eric Newman and Michael Connolly. The series was developed by Brian McGreevy & Lee Shipman. This one-hour murder mystery is produced by Gaumont International Television for Netflix.

[YT]rlZUsPcChgI[/YT]

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=98690

Just watched a trailer of this on IGN.com and man, it kinda looks good but interesting at the same time. Famke looks hot as hell...Mmm I may yet give this a shot.

Netflix is two for two so far with their original stuff in my opinion, I'll definitely be giving this a shot.

dats sick.... WOW... im gonna have nightmares!! Save me, Jean grey!!

im not totally sold on it based on the trailer, eli roth makes me apprehensive, but im gonna check it out. i'd love to have an awesome horror show to watch.

I'm looking forward to this. Really happy that they are releasing the entire season at once.

Just saw the 1st Episode. Overall I liked it I'll probably keep watching.

Saw the trailer a few days ago. I'm definitely interesting in this.

First episode kinda sucked. Not sure if I'll continue.

Hemlock Grove - More viewership than House of Cards
Posted by Tariq Gamei at Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Hemlock Grove, House of Cards

Netflix Press Statement: On April 19, we launched all 13 episodes of Hemlock Grove, a horror thriller from Eli Roth, and we’re very pleased with its early performance. Hemlock Grove was viewed by more members globally in its first weekend than was House of Cards and has been a particular hit among young adults.

yeah, this was pretty much garbage... count me out...

I made it to the end and....I'm not quite sure what happened.

ok finished watching this, was a struggle to like it, but my curiosity and boredom at work got me through it, I'm not sure what happened at the end there, can someone tell me what was in the vault/box thingy?

Amazing series. Very creepy and mysterious. Love the dark slightly humorous tone and atmosphere.

Hope they make the second season, one of the best horror, sci-fi mystery series I've seen.

People that have trouble figuring it out either have a short attention span or just need to pay attention to everything thats going on. Its easy to get lost if you don't watch closely.

watched it all. i understand people having troubles with the show. it's starts slow and is also a bit confusing, but still interesting. i enjoyed it, and the ending of season 1 is an open one and i hope netflix will green light a second season.

ok finished watching this, was a struggle to like it, but my curiosity and boredom at work got me through it, I'm not sure what happened at the end there, can someone tell me what was in the vault/box thingy?

pryce was working a new form of life. highly controversial but i think olivia let him do that, because he cared about shelly and tried to help her. I assume shelly know what pryce was up to, but didnt say anything because she wanted to be "normal"...that's why pryce asked her to keep quite and not to talk about these things with others.

in the end we know what roman and his family are, olivia's history gets revealed too.

i really hope that there will be a season 2..

Hemlock Grove's 20 Most Absurd Moments

What the ****ity **** is this?! :eek: Not sure whether I should be watching or avoiding like the plague...

Oh...you need to watch.

Let me emphasize: YOU. NEED. TO. WATCH. THIS.

Me and my wife went through the whole season in two weekends. It's so absurd, yet spellbinding. You want to just keep going.

There's a massive eureka moment at the end that sort of gives clarity to some parts of the show, but we generally ended the show still confuzzled as to "what THE **** just happened?" ...and we didn't care. Have never had that feeling after any show finale ever. Kinda refreshing.

Yeah I just finished this yesterday. The ending was a pretty big WTF. I did like the conclusion to everything though. I am guessing that thing in the box is their take on Frankenstein's monster? As Shelly is most definitely a reference to the book's author.

So I'm about halfway through this and I have to say I like. It's bizarre, particularly the dialogue, but I enjoy how twisted it gets. Also it Has one of the best werewolf transformations I've seen in recent years, which is pretty much what they TRIED to do in van helsing but failed miserably. Famke Jensen is hot as hell.

Also...best. Gif. Ever.

icecream.gif

Finished watching season 1 a couple of days ago. I didn't know what to make of it at first. The acting was pretty bad, and it was confusing as all hell. But for some reason I stuck with it and I'm glad I did.

The show is very good but you don't get the payoff until the last few minutes of the show. It does leave you with a lot of questions. I hope there is a season 2 to delve back into the world.

The 20 most absurd moments link was pretty stupid. If you paid attention to the show a lot of those "absurd" moments actually had answers and made sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"