Dark Phoenix Dark Phoenix Deleted Scenes thread *Spoilers*

vlcsnap-2019-06-06-23h58m26s989.png

Removed by Kinborg because it would be too on the nose with its similarity with X-3. Even for him.

After seeing the film, I feel like there are a lot of deleted/ reshot scenes. Going thru some of trailers and picking out shots that weren't in the film or don't recall. I know the ending was reshot, is there any info on what it was going to be?
Chastain getting her FBI badge and learning about Earth’s government. I saw this scene.
Didn’t see this one but it’s right before he steals the x-jet. He’s looking at Raven’s grave. It said something about her being a beloved sister and hero.
Alternate shot of the MCU capturing Nightcrawler, who is unconscious in that train.
UN, right after the ship reveals itself and starts to fire upon everyone
Alternate shot of magneto going to get his helmet. There were several alternate angels of him putting his helmet on from various sides and head on. There was also another shot of the entire room taken out that showed how cool it was from when Jean was in there and comes in to talk to her.
Looks like from when Xavier was guiding these men out of the building while the alien shot kept firing upon various floors
I was told this was from when Xavier and Scott come back to the mansion after the night NY battle, hence his wheelchair. The school was ransacked in the search for Jean grey and anti mutant riots came through the school. The mutants attending there had all fled by this point.

This scene from the first trailer is not in the movie

Rd9RTpC.png

All of this from the Un after Jean comes back to them. She destroyed Lilandria’s (Vuk was a rename) ship (not of the Shiar though..) then she killed Lilandria and her soldiers on the ground. She and Scott have a moment as she’s floating above the fountain pool in front of the UN. She goes full Phoenix and holds his eyes back once more, this time showing she could do it from anywhere as his eyes are normal as she flies upwards into space, taking out incoming ships along the way. Then when she gets to space and there’s an entire fleet of them, she takes herself out along with all of them. This is where the CM comparisons would have come in as CM showed Danvers taking out those missives as she was flying to space.

Last edited:
Chastain getting her FBI badge and learning about Earth’s government. I saw this scene.

Didn’t see this one but it’s right before he steals the x-jet. He’s looking at Raven’s grave. It said something about her being a beloved sister and hero.

Alternate shot of the MCU capturing Nightcrawler, who is unconscious in that train.

Alternate shot of magneto going to get his helmet. There were several alternate angels of him putting his helmet on from various sides and head on. There was also another shot of the entire room taken out that showed how cool it was from when Jean was in there and comes in to talk to her.

Looks like from when Xavier was guiding these men out of the building while the alien shot kept firing upon various floors

I was told this was from when Xavier and Scott come back to the mansion after the night NY battle, hence his wheelchair. The school was ransacked in the search for Jean grey and anti mutant riots came through the school. The mutants attending there had all fled by this point.

All of this from the Un after Jean comes back to them. She destroyed Lilandria’s (Vuk was a rename) ship (not of the Shiar though..) then she killed Lilandria and her soldiers on the ground. She and Scott have a moment as she’s floating above the fountain pool in front of the UN. She goes full Phoenix and holds his eyes back once more, this time showing she could do it from anywhere as his eyes are normal as she flies upwards into space, taking out incoming ships along the way. Then when she gets to space and there’s an entire fleet of them, she takes herself out along with all of them. This is where the CM comparisons would have come in as CM showed Danvers taking out those missives as she was flying to space

Wow that sounds really interesting. Would have loved to see the Anti-mutant stuff (which would of played nice along what Xavier said to Raven in the begining. Was there any resolve to the mutant containing/ going back to not trusting them? Thats something that was kind of unresolved

I really want to see that UN scene it still sounds epic. All they had to do in reshoots was add the remaining X-Men, Magento’s crew Show them helping members of the UN, civilians, fighting off the aliens. Like that CM comparison is bull because CM wasn’t like a epic movie ppl are still talking about.

Whats going on in those pics?
Adding this here for archiver purpose
Very interesting to know how different the movie was going to be.
I'm wondering now if they'll released an extended version of this movie.
I think they decided to go with a shorter version on theaters to get more sections per day since they weren't going to get many theaters. This movie is showing only in 3700 theaters in US. So, that's why the movie had to be short.
But I think that Dark Phoenix should have been 3 hours movie like Avengers Endgame. In Avengers Endgame they explained everything. Every detail. Dark Phoenix movie should have been that long as well.

All of this from the Un after Jean comes back to them. She destroyed Lilandria’s (Vuk was a rename) ship (not of the Shiar though..) then she killed Lilandria and her soldiers on the ground. She and Scott have a moment as she’s floating above the fountain pool in front of the UN. She goes full Phoenix and holds his eyes back once more, this time showing she could do it from anywhere as his eyes are normal as she flies upwards into space, taking out incoming ships along the way. Then when she gets to space and there’s an entire fleet of them, she takes herself out along with all of them. This is where the CM comparisons would have come in as CM showed Danvers taking out those missives as she was flying to space.
This ending of Jean stopping incoming spaceships to earth sound more interesting than the ending we got.

Wow that sounds really interesting. Would have loved to see the Anti-mutant stuff (which would of played nice along what Xavier said to Raven in the begining. Was there any resolve to the mutant containing/ going back to not trusting them? Thats something that was kind of unresolved

It was resolved because it showed Jean saving the planet more publicly to everyone. In the new version there was supposed to be a newscaster broadcast describing it but that was cut.

I really want to see that UN scene it still sounds epic. All they had to do in reshoots was add the remaining X-Men, Magento’s crew Show them helping members of the UN, civilians, fighting off the aliens. Like that CM comparison is bull because CM wasn’t like a epic movie ppl are still talking about.

That set was incredibly expensive and it was about the size of a football field built in the middle of a park. It would have been more expensive to take those pickups than reshoot it entirely.

That set was incredibly expensive and it was about the size of a football field built in the middle of a park. It would have been more expensive to take those pickups than reshoot it entirely.
I think they let themselves to be influenced by Captain Marvel movie too much. And people didn't go see Captain Marvel because the movie itself. A lot of people went to see Captain Marvel because they were hyped for Avengers Endgame and thought that the movie would be important to understand Avengers Endgame.

I feel like the Phoenix should be more fire than cosmic. I feel like the original ending of Jean fighting the spaceships that were going to earth would have been much better than the ending that we got of her fighting alone some aliens.

The UN scene sound dope but I doubt we'll ever see it.

I think they let themselves to be influenced by Captain Marvel movie too much. And people didn't go see Captain Marvel because the movie itself. A lot of people went to see Captain Marvel because they were hyped for Avengers Endgame and thought that the movie would be important to understand Avengers Endgame.

I feel like the Phoenix should be more fire than cosmic. I feel like the original ending of Jean fighting the spaceships that were going to earth would have been much better than the ending that we got of her fighting alone some aliens.

The UN scene sound dope but I doubt we'll ever see it.

But the reshoots happened before Captain Marvel has its first trailer and the first version of the movie happened before it was even shot....the CM comparisons are all hindsight.

people didn't go see Captain Marvel because the movie itself. A lot of people went to see Captain Marvel because they were hyped for Avengers Endgame and thought that the movie would be important to understand Avengers Endgame.
Yeah, your opinion. You don't speak for the public. endgame was obviously a factor but the audience could have simply wait for Endgame, if they weren't interested in Captain Marvel. So nope. You don't have the facts.

Last edited:
But the reshoots happened before Captain Marvel has its first trailer and the first version of the movie happened before it was even shot....the CM comparisons are all hindsight.
Yeah, originally Dark Phoenix was going to be released on theater before Captain Marvel. So if they had made their original release then Captain Marvel was going to be the one to have to change the ending of their movie.

they couldn't do UN set again, because they destoryed it already. rebuild that was very expensive.

Why did they destroy it right after filming? Didn’t think plan for reshoots?

It was all outdoors and had a 4 month long permit to have. Once the permit was up it had to be destroyed. They can’t just pack it up and store that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"