Days of Future Past What would you have done differently?

Batsfan1

Civilian
Reaction score
I probably would have not done this at this time.

I had a thought process for an X-Men movie every year. I had similar one for Spider-Man. Like Harry Potter.

I would have put out an X-Men 4 the year after X-Men: First Class with villains being the sentinels and master mold.

Then put out an X-Men: Second Class the following year with the Shadow King as the villain, who would be Charles' vengeful brother that has been trapped in the astral plane, who is in the vegetative state in the post credits scene in the last stand.

Then an X-Men: Apocalypse, which would be a first part of a two part story, that would end with Kitty suddenly being taken over by her future self, stealing technology from apocalypse and sending the X-Men to the future to protect them from being destroyed by apocalypse, ending the film with the X-Men being confronted by Cable, Rachel Summers, Bishop and others.

Then we would get X-Men: Third Class, with the villain being Mister Sinister that would end with Sinister giving Magneto the design for the mutant creating device that he uses in the first film and X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

What do you think? And what are your ideas? God bless you all! God bless everyone in your lives!

I don't know really.

I feel like there should have been another movie with the OT cast before DOFP that directly shows us what really led to reactivation of the Sentinel program. Starting from the mid-credits scene of The Wolverine, then Kitty/Iceman/Colossus meeting up with Bishop/Blink/Sunspot/Warpath, Angel/Beast/Mystique being killed, Rogue being captured, Magneto reuniting with Professor X, the X-Mansion being turned into a Trask Industry facility, Kitty discovering her time travel powers for the first time. Those would have been really interesting to watch.

But if that happened, DOFP probably would have been released this year or next year. I think FOX just didn't want to wait any longer and just jumped to DOFP and a First Class sequel.

I would have more or less done the actual opening for the DOFP comic. Kitty running through the streets, almost getting gang R-ed and Wolverine meeting up and kicking their asses.

Personally, let Singer do both Superman and X3 years back. X3 (Phoenix) would have led to X4 (Days of Future Past) and then to X5 (Apocalypse). I suspect that was the plan all along. The cartoons at the time seemed to follow that thread and I believe Ms. Shuler Donner may have mentioned that at some point.

Presently, I think they've done their best at fixing the timeline and I think they have some good stuff to work with, if they don't screw up à la X3 or FF again.

Last edited:
I love DOFP but there are few things that I would have changed.

1) The story should have resembled the narrative of trailer #3. That is Logan was sent to bring together Xavier, Erik, and Raven. These are the most influential mutants and it is imperative that they join forces to ensure the survival of the mutant race.

What we got was high quality and enjoyable but too familiar. We've already seen a Magneto prison break. We've seen Magneto turning weapons against his human enemies. We've seen the Magneto double cross. Logan vs Magneto in the climax was very similar to the X3 scenes.

2) A slightly bigger future battle. When I first saw Trailer #2 and the X-Jet taking off behind Storm I thought for sure that there would be an aerial battle. Xavier piloting an armed Jet shooting down Sentinels with Magneto backing him up. Big players like Magneto and Storm got taken out of the battle too quickly. Iceman was side lined due to reshoots etc.

3) Wolverine vs Sentinels in Future and his iconic death scene. They should have found a way to make this happen.

4) The future setting: There should have been a scene with the X-men traversing through the ruins of New York City on foot. Perhaps substitute the bunker scene with the X-men rescuing Kitty from the internment camp. I'm pretty sure there was a pic on the viral website that had Kitty wearing an inhibitor collar.

more chickens

hard to take a movie universe seriously when there's not even that many chickens running around man

i mean its the little details that build suspension of disbelief

There are people on here that won't get that you are joking unfortunately

you can just say psylockcolossus

hmm... would've given rogue at least one action scene.

Added more Cowbell.

Who?

If it was me, Rogue would have been with Storm's group at the beginning and do a little reunion with Kitty/Iceman at the X-temple and it all gets awkward for like a second.

more chickens

hard to take a movie universe seriously when there's not even that many chickens running around man

i mean its the little details that build suspension of disbelief

Nice try, but this isn't the right place to troll.

Who?

If it was me, Rogue would have been with Storm's group at the beginning and do a little reunion with Kitty/Iceman at the X-temple and it all gets awkward for like a second.

Nice try, but this isn't the right place to troll.

They're just joking... and you fell right into the trap!

I don't know really.

I feel like there should have been another movie with the OT cast before DOFP that directly shows us what really led to reactivation of the Sentinel program. Starting from the mid-credits scene of The Wolverine, then Kitty/Iceman/Colossus meeting up with Bishop/Blink/Sunspot/Warpath, Angel/Beast/Mystique being killed, Rogue being captured, Magneto reuniting with Professor X, the X-Mansion being turned into a Trask Industry facility, Kitty discovering her time travel powers for the first time. Those would have been really interesting to watch.

But if that happened, DOFP probably would have been released this year or next year. I think FOX just didn't want to wait any longer and just jumped to DOFP and a First Class sequel.

I agree but i still liked DOFP a lot. Great movie. Xmen back on track.

About Prof X and Magneto's romance, I'm just putting this link here... http://scifantasy.tumblr.com/post/17071604332/compilation-of-evidence-supporting-the-canonicity
:)

tumblr_lywcj8X43g1qiwjgu.png

img_0095.jpg

Last edited:
In DOFP I would dub Jennifer Lawrence's horrible Vietnamese. I'm Vietnamese and I can't understand a word she said, not even to mention the lines were translated almost word by word from English into Vietnamese, which didn't make any sense.
A thought about the Rogue cut version: weren't they in China at the final battle? Then how did they fly to England (Charles' house) to rescue Rogue and then fly to China for such a short time?

I've always wondered about JLaw's Viet. Interesting.

That Vietnamese General she was acting against in that scene is also a Vietnamese actor. I wonder why they didn't get him to teach her or translate her lines to proper Viet.

I've always wondered about JLaw's Viet. Interesting.

That Vietnamese General she was acting against in that scene is also a Vietnamese actor. I wonder why they didn't get him to teach her or translate her lines to proper Viet.

He said in an interview that he was coaching her a bit but then was told not to because it wasn't his job. Besides, he's Canuck born Vietnamese so his Vietnamese is not that strong either.
When these generals were speaking to each other, it was also weird because some of them were speaking with a southern accent while Northern Vietnam was fighting the battle against the US. Southern Vietnam was their backyard so it was absurdly illogical. Also the flags they were waving in 1973 after the Dien Bien Phu battle was the Southern Vietnamese flag. Again, wrong side! :cwink:
It's like saying Samsung is a product of North Korea :p
PS. She couldn't any French either. She had 2 lines in French, which were "Oui", "Oui" and then "Yes I can". Strange ja?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"