Darker The Way To Go?

One of the hugest complaints I have about this film was the experiment and then his escape. It was a complete let down.

I agree. And darker..or at least grittier was the way to go. It seemed TOO commercial....

I'm saddened after seeing this;but not suprised....it is after all a FOX movie.

Last edited:
I like Wolverine in X1 the best. He's still good in X2. In X3 he became too much of a softy and good guy. In Origins I feel like I'm watching X3 Wolverine again.
This. I agree.

Uh, FOX was the same studio that was there for the aforementioned "dark" flashback sequences in the first two X-Men movies, so, clearly, that's not really a strong point, kedrell.

I'm starting to think that people are assuming that FOX has more creative control over these X-Men movies than they actually do.

I mean, look at the huge difference in the feel and tone of the two Hulk movies or X1, X2 in comparison to X3 or any other kinds of movies in a franchise where a director was changed. If you ask me, it's not the studio, but it's the writers, the director,and their team that has the most control over things like the lighting or the darkness of a particular action sequence. The studio would usually only step in if a scene seems too violent, like in the Deathstrike/Wolverine fight in X2, in which I really loved the deleted extended version. :(

Please at least tell me the EVENTS in Origins happen like in the flashbacks in the first films. :csad:

Well, not LITERALLY tell me I guess since that's a no no here, but you know what I mean. :o

They don't happen the way you'd EXPECT them to considering the flashbacks.

But no they aren't a complete remaking of the Weapon X events.

In X1 Wolverine said when he pops out his claws...it hurts every time:( I didn't get any of that vibe from the leak:(

They haven't given that feeling that it "hurts" at ANY point in the films, except when Rogue asks him in the truck.

In X-Men, 2, and 3, he's popping his claws like it's nothing. He never indicates that he's in any kind of pain.

블라스;16712964 said:
I think "not crappy" is the way to go.

Post of the year!:woot:

I'm loving the versatile vocabulary in this thread!

Uh, FOX was the same studio that was there for the aforementioned "dark" flashback sequences in the first two X-Men movies, so, clearly, that's not really a strong point, kedrell.

I'm starting to think that people are assuming that FOX has more creative control over these X-Men movies than they actually do.

I mean, look at the huge difference in the feel and tone of the two Hulk movies or X1, X2 in comparison to X3 or any other kinds of movies in a franchise where a director was changed. If you ask me, it's not the studio, but it's the writers, the director,and their team that has the most control over things like the lighting or the darkness of a particular action sequence. The studio would usually only step in if a scene seems too violent, like in the Deathstrike/Wolverine fight in X2, in which I really loved the deleted extended version. :(

2 things:

1) That was half a dozen years ago. Was Rothman even in charge back then?

2)Those flashback sequences are at most what? 10 seconds long? I was refering to the whole movie, not just a tiny scene.

They should've mixed Origin, Weapon X and added the Sabretooth subplot. It would've been awesome. :csad:

The Origin part should be like 20-30 minutes long at least. And I never like the whole "as I recall you volunteered for it" thing. The way they did the Weapon X flashbacks in Hulk vs. Wolverine is the better way to go. Kidnapped, experimented on against his will, and memory erased on purpose in order to create the ultimate living weapon.

I would have made 25-30 minutes of Origin, 15-20 minutes of Creed and Wolverine in the wars, and the rest of the movie would have been Team X leading up to Wolverine becoming Weapon X.

I didn't like the volunteer bit either, but they could still have made it work. Logan could have been a government dog, doing some really dirty stuff. But he would still have a conscious, which would be a problem for Stryker. They get him to volunteer with the promise of being undestructible. He runs loose in a berserker rage, but he gets subdued with machine gun fire. Then you could throw in the whole brainwashing bit and making him the perfect, conditioned weapon. But of course things go wrong and he escapes, regaining his senses, having lost his memory and screaming out in pain after he sees his hands and the pain starts to register.

The flashbacks made it look like he escaped right after the bonding process, but in the Origin movie you could've had the escape way later in the movie.

I like the way they edited for the Trailer (only :csad:): Stryker sends Creed to destroy Logan's life, killing his wife, unmasking him as a mutant and forcing him to leave, beating him and breaking his bone claws, so, Logan is so mentally beatdown when Stryker comes to him, talking about "all the horribles things in his life", he's easily "forced" in to the Program by Stryker soft speaking. He WAS forced, but only mentally.

I felt so much sympathy for Wolvie after watching the trailer, but in the movie, nothing. Fox does better story-telling in trailers than in movies. I’m sure everyone remembers how exciting it was the when a torn-up Jean asks Wolverine to kill her in the X3 trailer. And then the disappointment after the movie came out :csad: I wish scientists quickly discover an alternate reality where Singer never left X-men to make Superman. That reality would be getting an X4 instead of Wolvie movie……and everybody would be praising the leaked version :hehe:

I felt so much sympathy for Wolvie after watching the trailer, but in the movie, nothing. Fox does better story-telling in trailers than in movies.

I agree. The trailers made this film look like a tragic character story. I should have known better after X3 and how those trailers suckered me in. To quote Wolverine: "I won't let it happen again."

It's all in the music.

I hear the music in XMO isn't finished. :o

They used temp Music and it was good enough to give a feel of the mood.

They haven't given that feeling that it "hurts" at ANY point in the films, except when Rogue asks him in the truck.

In X-Men, 2, and 3, he's popping his claws like it's nothing. He never indicates that he's in any kind of pain.
Wolverine in the 3 X films was also a bit vulnerable and not this walking invincible machine with no way to take him down...this was the exact opposite after he got his adamantium.

Wolverine in the 3 X films was also a bit vulnerable and not this walking invincible machine with no way to take him down...this was the exact opposite after he got his adamantium.

Yes he was.

He could never be truly taken down due to an adamantium skeleton and a healing factor. Mystique couldn't do it. Sabretooth couldn't do it. Lady Deathstrike couldn't do it. And Phoenix couldn't do it.

I think the fact you said the 3 X-films kind of hurts your case. Wolverine was extremely overpowered in X3. Phoenix should have been able to kill him.

He was actually taken down in seconds in the first encounter with Sabertooth. In the 2nd encounter he got his ass whooped good again by Sabertooth, won with the help of Jean and Cyclops. Wolverine would have been wasted by Deathstrike if it wasn't for the liquid adamantium. And what the heck is Mystique going to do bare handed?

I think the fact you said the 3 X-films kind of hurts your case. Wolverine was extremely overpowered in X3. Phoenix should have been able to kill him.
I agree he was over powered but she did knock him out. In this film, he just seemed like a machine that can never be hurt. In X1 he was hurt after hitting the tree, Magneto hurt him considerably, in X2 Deathstrike caused him immense pain, and in X3 Juggernaut did lay the beat down on him. But with this film, they took overpowered and made him completely invincible IMO. Wolverine isn't invincible and although he has a tough facade, he has been hurt many many times and a lot of those are at the hands of Creed and Magneto but to me after he got his metal, Logan couldn't be hurt in this film.

You guys are complaining about a lack of continuity in a comicbook movie franchise handled by Fox? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"