Dating a girl/guy that has only male/female friends, respectively

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
One of the guys at my job actually is dealing with this, and that show on tbs about the chick with nothing but guy friends refreshed my memory. The guy at work has a girlfriend who has no female friends whatsoever that he knows of, yet about three guys that she hangs out with on the weekend or goes to lunch with. Granted, he seems secure enough, but on the flip side I was like, better watch it, or else she may sic them on you if you piss her off one day. :wow: I did go out with a girl my first year in college who had no female friends for some reason, but a couple guy friends who felt the need to tell me whenever I saw them out somewhere that I better be treating her right, and make sure I take care of her..and they weren't kidding around.:ninja: Could you handle the "baggage" of all male or female friends, depending on the gender?

i would like to believe that i would be secure enough to handle a boyfriend with all female friends.
i think the key is to make them your friends also though. you need to hang out all together so that you can gain their trust and so that you can feel comfortable trusting them to be alone with your significant other.
but unfortunately, i think girls a little different.
i have always had a bunch of guy friends, and when i was dating a guy, they didn't act any different.
but one of my guy friends has a bunch of female friends, and the second HE got a girlfriend, all his friends started flirting with him and trying to get with him.
it's like a catty game with them or something.
why don't they just pee to mark their territory!!??:cmad:

heypapajinx said:
i would like to believe that i would be secure enough to handle a boyfriend with all female friends.
i think the key is to make them your friends also though. you need to hang out all together so that you can gain their trust and so that you can feel comfortable trusting them to be alone with your significant other.
but unfortunately, i think girls a little different.
i have always had a bunch of guy friends, and when i was dating a guy, they didn't act any different.
but one of my guy friends has a bunch of female friends, and the second HE got a girlfriend, all his friends started flirting with him and trying to get with him.
it's like a catty game with them or something.
why don't they just pee to mark their territory!!??:cmad:
Lmao. :woot:

If I knew the guy I'm dating has alot of female friends I'll broke it off ASAP before we get serious, because in the long run it usually going to cause some strains in the relationship. Speaking from experience.:cmad:

I don't like that.
Cheating is easier that way.
Besides, things get suspicious and so on and so forth.

fruity said:
Lmao. :woot:

If I knew the guy I'm dating has alot of female friends I'll broke it off ASAP before we get serious, because in the long run it usually going to cause some strains in the relationship. Speaking from experience.:cmad:
yeah! why can't girls just be HAPPY for their guy friends?!?!
it's like ALWAYS a competition with them.:cmad:
keep your little paws OFF!:cmad: he's MINE NOW!
I PEED ON HIM!:o

heypapajinx said:
yeah! why can't girls just be HAPPY for their guy friends?!?!
it's like ALWAYS a competition with them.:cmad:
keep your little paws OFF!:cmad: he's MINE NOW!
I PEED ON HIM!:o
I know. It's the "since he got a gf he looks more attractive now" thing. BEECHES!!!!!:cmad: :meow:

i'm best friends with a girl who has mostly guy friends, and i know it would bother me if i were dating her because i've lost count of the number of times she's just ditched a boyfriend to hang out with us.

i've dated a few girls that had mainly guy friends...never had an issue with it...never bothered me at all...and none of those girls ever cheated on me (the one girl who did had nothing but girl friends actually). It all boils down to trust...if you don't trust them, it's not going to work no matter who they're friends are. the whole "you're with me now so you can't have friends of the other sex cause blah blah blah" is rediculous and childish in my opinion.

thedeadite said:
i've dated a few girls that had mainly guy friends...never had an issue with it...never bothered me at all...and none of those girls ever cheated on me (the one girl who did had nothing but girl friends actually). It all boils down to trust...if you don't trust them, it's not going to work no matter who they're friends are. the whole "you're with me now so you can't have friends of the other sex cause blah blah blah" is rediculous and childish in my opinion.
Did you ever meet the guys, and how did they feel about you?

Anytime I have female friends get in relationship I stop hanging with them. I like living:o

All my friends are girls, and it drives my fiancee crazy, which is why I don't get out much. :o

I asked a female friend who had most male friends this question, if you threw yourself at any of your male friends, would they go for it. She thought for a second and said yes.

There are a lot of people who don't seem to get along with their own gender.

There should be no problem

Right now for me
My girlfriend doesn't mind that i have female friends
I don't mind her male friends

Everything is cool

Yeah but for the girl who has mostly male friends, I'm guessing there's one or two who's harboring secret feelings for her. The rest would probably jump her if given the chance.

Sure there will always be some male/female friend that will always have a secret crush.

My view is that if that person keeps it a secret
The person will never say anything
The person will just be looking from the outside

Yeah but that person wouldn't be a true friend if the only reason he's there is because of the slim chance she may see him differently.

terry78 said:
Did you ever meet the guys, and how did they feel about you?

met the majority of them...if not all...and never really had any problems whatsoever with any of them. Yeah i've had the "you better treat her good man" thing..but never in a violent tone, and i've always taken it as a friend looking out for their friend..nothing more.

isnt there a show on tbs ..that matches this thread. tbs is really hyping it up !!!!

You want to date an hermaphrodite that only has hermaphrodite friends?:huh:

It's an interesting dynamic. Most of the guys are usually overprotective and/or crushing on the girl. Maybe this is specific to my experiences but yeah its weird. We had one girl who was really apart of our 'group' when I was a teenager. All of us would've destroyed a guy had he treated her badly. But she was pretty dominant and usually handled guys well.

^That right there is what could turn some guys off, as guys know what other guys are like. Knowing that the slightest thing done to make her upset could be reported to three dudes that may try to jump you is a bit disconcerting. :p Because we are going to argue and I will get upset with you at times. And she will go back to her clique and say what happened. Guys always side with a girl that says her current man is doing her wrong.

And it wouldn't even matter if he was right or not. We would've just pounded the guy for upsetting her. So cavemanish... Uugh hurt gurl, Uugh you die!

Then you argue with your own girl and find out how crazy wrong they can be and you realize, we probably shouldn't just pounded that guy like that, oh well, that was our girl.

I'd feel real uncomfortable with my g/f if she only had male friends.They say that "we're all just cool friends",but i betcha one of her "male" friends secretly likes her..and thats something i couldnt stand for

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"