Dating sites...?

It's not nearly as bad as the moment you realize that most women don't look like superheroines, though.

I saw one who does. Very pretty. She collects comics and is into games. Awaiting her response :woot:

sorry, ive been swamped with work

:rimshot:

And Hopeful, I'll date you. We both love Supes, we get along along pretty well. We may live hundreds of miles away, but that shouldn't stop two souls becoming one :p

Cool! Where shall we go on our first date? Skype? Facebook? Or shall we just start slow and make a 'Rodrigo and Hopeful's first date' thread right here in the hype :p

When people are sending out messages to people on these dating sites, are you thinking each time "maybe this person could be the one"? Or does it become so routine after a while that there's no sense of expectation that they will respond anymore?

I've sent out so many messages with minimal response that for me now, each time I send something new, i am thinking in the back of my mind "here we go again, is it just going to be a waste of time with no return?"

The return rate is so low that it seems far less likely than more likely that they'll respond. It always seems like a long shot.

I'm pretty much always secretly thinking they might be the one.

I ACT like someone who doesn't want anything serious. I say I don't want anything too serious. But really, in the back of my head, the moment I meet a man i'm thinking about the future.

It's the curse of being an uncontrollable optimist though... I am constantly dissapointed :(

Cool! Where shall we go on our first date? Skype? Facebook? Or shall we just start slow and make a 'Rodrigo and Hopeful's first date' thread right here in the hype :p
So we'll do a Superman and Lois fly around from the first movie :awesome:

^Goddamn you people are out-nerding the nerdiest of us.

Ironically, I found one dating site called comic book passions :D

Used Okcupid for like a month. Went on about four dates with some kick ass girls. Nothing panned out but it was a decent experience.

Well I tried plenty of fish in August and it has been surprisingly successful. What surprised me the most was how woman were so bold. Within the first hour of my profile online I had a date lol she simply said let's go to the beach, I was like yea i'm down lol so far I've been out with 5 different woman and 4 of them escalated to multiple dates. I mainly chat with the ones that message me, view me, or use the meet me option. I had to delete my profile last week due to sensory overload lol way too many girls to keep up with. Plus there's one girl now that im exclusively dating from plenty of fish. she's 25, creole, therapist, and beautiful! what's there not to like? Lol she already told me she love me and it's leading towards a relationship. Wish me luck guys.

Hello,

Internet dating sites are nice to meet someone but...unfortunately...this is where it stops. You have better chances of meeting someone at a store, making a joke and connecting. When you meet someone from the net, it's obvious that there is to be a romantic click of some sort and the whole thing is very artificial. I've met some girls who wanted to run away from me after 5 minutes and others who wanted to marry me after 5 minutes. It's a really terrible racket.
Best thing #1 - have a friend introduce you to someone.
Best thing #2 - meet someone from work.
If all fails - try internet site but - they're not the best.

My friend found her husband through internet dating. Chemistry was electric the minute they laid eyes on each other.

Yeah, sometimes it's awkward and artifical... but sometimes you get lucky.

Hello,

Internet dating sites are nice to meet someone but...unfortunately...this is where it stops. You have better chances of meeting someone at a store, making a joke and connecting. When you meet someone from the net, it's obvious that there is to be a romantic click of some sort and the whole thing is very artificial. I've met some girls who wanted to run away from me after 5 minutes and others who wanted to marry me after 5 minutes. It's a really terrible racket.
Best thing #1 - have a friend introduce you to someone.
Best thing #2 - meet someone from work.
If all fails - try internet site but - they're not the best.

Really? I got married last month and I met my wife on eHarmony. I know a number of people who met their girlfriends/boyfriends/wives/husbands online. Sure, there's a chance you won't meet someone, but it's just as good a of chance that the person your friend sets you up with or the coworker isn't right for you. It's just another avenue to meet someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"