David Goyer's 1997 Venom Film

VENXM

Civilian
Reaction score
So, in 1997 there was a Venom movie that was never made of course. It was an interesting, very interesting story line that was pretty separate from the comics, but it's pretty passible.

Here's the plot I am able to sum up:

We begin in the year of 1975, it's winter. Two boys, Cletus and Eddy stand on top of a burning building known as St. Este's, when officers try to stop Cletus after he messes around with Eddy, cutting him on the cheek, he runs away, jumping building to building, leaving Eddy scarred and terrified. Years later, in space, a black six-armed being with a large, stylish white spider on their chest, runs from similar six armed beings that aren't just black, they're black and red and consist of no spider on their chest. They are called Blood Hunters, the black one is called The Other. It escapes on a what seems to be a pod or a space-craft. One blood hunter follows them as the other blasts into space. We see Eddy Brock, now working for The Daily Weekly. Eddy and his partner stand outside of a trailer in a trailer park, an heavy set lady tricks them into thinking that a painted pig is an alien, the lady and her husband begin to fight, Eddy and his partner run to their car and the lady breaks their windshield, later, we see Eddy get scolded and then fired by his boss, Bitterman. Later that night, Eddy spends drowning in his sorrows at his favorite bar, The Deep. Eddy get's punked around by a drunk bastard and Eddy leaves the bar, he then get's mugged by someone. Suddenly The Other's space craft falls onto the mugger, Eddy looks into the pod thing and see's the six armed being, as a skeleton, the black symbiote sits on the control panel and it goes onto Eddy. We go back to the Deep where the drunk is messing with the bartender. Eddy shows up out of nowhere and he stops them, turning into Venom then getting shot out of the bar through a window, he go's through the sewer and comes out of a sink. He stops the drunks and chases the leader to a nearby church, Venom throws him off the building, killing him. Later, a group of scientists look for the symbiote but there is no sign of it. At the prison, Cletus toys with Racheal Kafka, a doctor. That same night, Eddy has a nightmare, he is on the symbiote world, a Blood Hunter comes at Eddy, then the Blood Hunter's face splits open, revealing Cletus' menacing grinning face. Eddy wakes up from the nightmare and goes out into the night as Venom. The next day Eddy goes to his old boss, Bitterman's office, he turns into Venom right in front of Bitterman and throws him out the window into a dumpster, killing him. Later, he ends up webbing an officer up with black goo. Venom senses the Blood Hunter is coming and tells Eddy, inexplicitly that it's going to bond with Cletus. Eddy freaks out and calls the prison, they shrug it off as if he's crazy. Later on, the Blood Hunter's pod explodes on top of the prison, Venom was right. The Blood Hunter crawls through the wires of the prison, then the electric chair. They turn on the chair and Cletus' head bursts into flames and the lights go out. Carnage is here. Carnage creates a huge scythe with his hand and kills the warden. Soon after, Carnage toys with Kafka and Venom attempts to stop him. Carnage escapes and so does Venom. Later the scientists from earlier break the bond between Eddy and Venom, sending Eddy into a coma. Eddy wakes from it as he has a nightmare. DISCLAIMER: MULTIPLE PARTS SKIPPED DUE TO IT BEING POINTLESS OR IT DIDN'T DRIVE THE PLOT FOWARD. The final fight has Venom and Carnage fighting, Carnage turns into a huge version of himself, ripping chunks out of Venom. Eddy comes up with a plan, he's going to use one of the grenades used on him to get Venom off of him, except he'll use it on Carnage. Carnage and Cletus are split from each other and the two symbiotes clash. Eddy throws a grenade at Carnage, Cletus screams how he needs the symbiote and jumps into it, killing himself as well as killing Carnage and possibly Venom. After all of this, Eddy and Kafka sit at a park, they share a tender kiss and Kafka lays on Eddy's chest, then.. suddenly.. Eddy begins to change into... Venom! Kafka asks "We're going to be happy, aren't we, Eddy?" Eddy and Venom reply with "Yes we are." then the it cuts to black. The End.

Eye rolling from the start.
Yeah, honestly, the Venom movies we've gotten instead are comparatively way better than this. You wonder why I complaing about Goyer from time to time? Any time he's not working with a strong director like Norrington, Del Toro, or Nolan, he's terrible!

Yeah, honestly, the Venom movies we've gotten instead are comparatively way better than this. You wonder why I complaing about Goyer from time to time? Any time he's not working with a strong director like Norrington, Del Toro, or Nolan, he's terrible!

Yeah, he really is. I wouldn't say I wish it was made because it would stand as THE WORST superhero movie too date, from the uncanny versions of our beloved characters to the cheesy Venom. Nothing in this script is amazing except for the beginning sequence at St. Este's. Honestly, I can write a better script and I already have, working on a 2nd fan made draft. David S. Goyer need's some classes because his humor and writing is so bad, not as bad as The Room's writer. If you know, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"