David Spade is Joe Dirt...One more time!

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
From FreezeDriedMovies.com...

It looks like David Spade will actually be making a sequel to 'Joe Dirt'. Yes you read that one right, they will actually make a sequel to the mullet wearing backwoods living country boy. Our friends over at Moviehole report that it's set to film this summer, “Joe Dirt 2” will again be produced by deep-pocketed Adam Sandler.

Spade rings in with, “We wrote it. We wrote it because Sandler thinks it’s funny. I hear more about Joe Dirt that than anything. That’s how you get feedback. There are some movies that just- - not everyone’s asking about Lost and Found or Dickie Roberts. So when I go out, you hear about the certain movies a lot and then you get weird facts like it sold the most DVDs at Sony a year ago from all their movies at Wal-Mart. So you go, ‘Does that matter?’ Yeah. So then I asked the DVD guy, ‘What does that mean?’ And he goes, ‘Well, it came out and sold a lot the first month and then it never dropped. It just sells the same for the year.’

Apparently the sequel sees mullet-haired trailer-parker Joe Dirt going back in time to make sure that every ferret-haired rocker and so on makes it to the modern-day untarnished.

Spade continues with, "I don't know what to say, I mean I know Hollywood loves to make sequels on just about everything, but 'Joe Dirt' wasn't exactly a huge hit financially or critically. I guess the Hollywood just believe in making a buck anyway they can.

all i can say is yes! joe dirt rocked!

Ugh, that movie was horrible. Why the hell would you make a sequel.

Everyone has there opinion about Sandler, but everyone can agree that when he is not producing his own movies, he is producing the worst movies.

Joe Dirt was pretty funny.
Not the best movie, but not as terrible as Napolean Dynamite.

...I hate that movie. :mad:

Warhammer said:
Joe Dirt was pretty funny.
Not the best movie, but not as terrible as Napolean Dynamite.

...I hate that movie. :mad:
YES ME TOO! i freaking hate Napolean Dynamite and thats the sole reason i didn't see beachwarmers was cause of him.

Hollywood tries to make it seem that Jon Heder is sooo funny.
I remember that movie with Reese Withespoon that came out a year ago, and they added his name to the top billing just because they thought he'd pull in the audience.

Look what happened there.

Same here with The Benchwarmers.

Any movie with Jon Heder = Disaster waiting to happen.

Warhammer said:
Hollywood tries to make it seem that Jon Heder is sooo funny.
I remember that movie with Reese Withespoon that came out a year ago, and they added his name to the top billing just because they thought he'd pull in the audience.

Look what happened there.

Same here with The Benchwarmers.

Any movie with Jon Heder = Disaster waiting to happen.
i know he plays thesame dimwitted character everytime.

J Alba's Lover said:
man whats with all the hate. no love for the dirt man?

That's Dee-er-tay. :D

WOOO!! SEQUEL!!!!!!!

The only good thing about that movie was that cute girl in it, the rest of it was terrible

The blond one that was his friend and later he got in the end

Joe Dirt > You. The sooner you get over this fact, the better off you'll be in life. :o

The plot sounds kinda wierd, but if they can recreate the magic (and have Christopher Walken reappear), then I'd watch it. :up:

I love Joe Dirt,but I am a little scared that they can make the sequel just as good.

what does Sandler need so much money for. When a guy is worth over a hundred million in show biz and doesn't seem concerned about avoiding mediocrity, when he's capable of better, he deserves the flack he'll get.

cerealkiller182 said:
Everyone has there opinion about Sandler, but everyone can agree that when he is not producing his own movies, he is producing the worst movies.
Sandler produced Benchwarmers, which I thought was pretty good. But I agree a sequel to Joe Dirt is a dumb idea. And Spade was bashing sequels and remakes on his show just a couple weeks ago.

I actually enjoyed the first Joe Dirt. Far from the best comedy I've ever seen but I was still quite amused by it. I can't imagine what they could do with a sequel though.:(

Mee said:
Sandler produced Benchwarmers, which I thought was pretty good. But I agree a sequel to Joe Dirt is a dumb idea. And Spade was bashing sequels and remakes on his show just a couple weeks ago.

I never saw Benchwarmers, but all Rob Schneider-driven movies were under Happy Madison Productions, as well as all of David Spades newest films.

Its too bad for Spade too because as far as Romantic Comedies go(which isnt very far) Lost and Found waspretty good(not in general, concerning genre)

well at least david spade plays the character very well. i'd look forward to seeing the sequel, but would probably wait to rent it.

i didn't really like Joe Dirt as a movie... but i'd be lying if i said it wasn't one of the most quotable (and quoted, for that matter) movies of all time.

oh, and, back in time???

that sounds like some good, old fasioned 'shark jumping' right there.

Hades said:
Ugh, that movie was horrible. Why the hell would you make a sequel.

that's the million dollar question. and it's not like the first one made a ton of money, so there goes the only excuse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"