Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Idea that you can't do X-Men film with Wolverine In major role and have some on other characters are kinda of full of It,In X2 WOlverine dealt with deathstrike and Stryker while stopping the plans of first Stryker and then Magneto were done by others.

If majority of film takes place In 1973 Wolverine Is most likely a time traveler.If,and I repeat If,the tabloid report Is acurate that hints at both Wolverine and Rogue as Time Travelers.

The Idea that Hugh Jackman wouldn't be featured heavily In Fox's answer to the Avengers Is crazy.Just Like expecting any avengers sequel with Robert Downey JR not to feature Tony STark heavily.

It's a little early to be complaning about screentime and size of roles.Besides there Is possibilty of seeing onscreen the classic Magneto tearing out Wolverine's adamanturm scene.

I don't think Wolverine will be featured heavily. Jackman has just come off The Wolverine. He was told by Singer that the sequel was going to pull actors from the original trilogy and Jackman was like, "Crap, got to make time for that." It can't be a featured role.

I think if Wolverine goes back, it will be late second or third act, after the future sequences. He will sacrifice himself to save the future of the X-Men. First Class Logan's life will still proceed on schedule. Jackman's character is completely expendable and will be a good service to fans of the character.

I think we get 20-30 minutes future somewhere in Act 1. Act 2-3 will be mostly the past events. They will quickly jump back to the future at some point to show what has changed. I don't think they constantly jump back and forth and make two movies into one. Unless we are getting a close to 3 hour film and a monster budget, it's just way too much to ask for an equal split.

If the character is in the script, then there might be a recast. If not, then that's too bad. I was looking forward to seeing Azazel.:waa:

I really hope they don't recast but at the same time I really wanted Azazel to come back.

For one thing In artice on Hugh jackman says he would have large role In DOFP.We had reports that majority of film would take place In 1973.That hints at maybe 30 minutes tops
In future.

Let's reserve judgement on 1973 characters.I wouldn't rule out anyone who survived first Class from returning just yet.

Just to point out, at no point did Hugh utter the words "large role":

"I first heard about it around October or November [2012]," he notes. "I was literally finishing The Wolverine and dreaming about lasagna, and about three weeks before the end, they told me." The role was large and reunited him with many of the original cast. "There was no way I was not going to be part of that." He says he still has not read a finished screenplay, however, and has seen only a synopsis of about eight pages.

It could well be, but the quote was not directly from his mouth.

Also I'm glad there will be no Azazel.

For one thing In artice on Hugh jackman says he would have large role In DOFP.We had reports that majority of film would take place In 1973.That hints at maybe 30 minutes tops
In future.

Let's reserve judgement on 1973 characters.I wouldn't rule out anyone who survived first Class from returning just yet.

Where are we at the moment? We have the big 4, (Mag, X, Mystique, Beast), and no one else confirmed as of yet? We know that is clearly not enough.

Emma Frost is probably not likely at this point. If you bring her back it needs to be substantial, with a big actress. After January got pregnant on the set, and no replacement to be named, we can almost rule the character out. So the Brotherhood roster is looking really light right now.

not only the brotherhood roster, the X-men one too!

this is really really weird

Unless this turns out to be more of a spygames/politics, infliltration/assassination type plot they are going for in the 70's timeline, saving the budget and big set pieces for the future. Then Mystique can be exclusively featured. Really, I think Magneto, Azazel (if they recast), and Mystique pose enough of a threat. The X-Men always seem to outgun the Brotherhood in terms of numbers, but the Brotherhood lineup is just that good that they level the playing field. That's why Banshee and Havoc aren't really game changers, and may just get in the way of more popular mutants.

Bishop, Wolverine, Rogue, Xavier, Beast. That's a formidable roster for 1973. Don't feel you HAVE to add to that, although you could. Kitty/Storm/Iceman/Collosus, another powerful future roster. It's light but it keeps a solid nucleus to build off of.

Last edited:
So the DOFP script is in McAvoy's inbox. Someone here a hacker? :p

Seriously though, seems everybody is getting the script now, too bad no one seemed to have had the time to read it though.

Where are we at the moment? We have the big 4, (Mag, X, Mystique, Beast), and no one else confirmed as of yet? We know that is clearly not enough.

Emma Frost is probably not likely at this point. If you bring her back it needs to be substantial, with a big actress. After January got pregnant on the set, and no replacement to be named, we can almost rule the character out. So the Brotherhood roster is looking really light right now.

Emma Frost doesn't need to be substantial with a Big actress.If she Is In film she will be one of brotherhood.I defently wouldn't rule the character out.
They could recast but they don't need a big actress for her.

Still a little while until they start shooting. I'd imagine there will be some announcements before then.

yeah, specially if the April shot will be for the future scenes, like it seems from words of different actors

Only Magneto and Mystique in the brotherhood woud be incredibly thin. I thought Azazel was a given to return.

He was the most useful out of those villains, too bad.

yeah, one of the most unique villains, with a great look and a GREAT power, and with connections to Kurt, even if movie universe hasnt adressed it yet.

And..... Singer and Fox drop the character? wow, great move, definetly.

(still, will have a small hope Bryan/Fox call some more of the FC actors)

His exact quote Is I don't think I will be back.

Before people start complaning we still don't know what Is going on with the first Class characters apart from Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and Beast.

Hmmm. Surprised about Azazel. Hopefully we get some more First Classers back though. I'd like to see Emma Frost at least.

In an ideal world, both Rose, January and Jason are lying. lol

sadly, probably they are right, because if that were the case, their answers will be more ambiguous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"