Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolverine will probably not be the traveler, it would be Kitty. He is already in the 1970's, if anything Jackman will die in the future, and play himself in the 70's and play him again in the future once it's been changed.

Part of the purpose of DOFP was to have the classic major characters in the future killed (This issue....Everyone Dies!!")

Wolverine, Storm & Colossus all bit the dust. Seems a bit too much against the grain to have a number of the modern day x-men going back. If Bishop is in this have one go back with him, preferably just Kitty.

And I want to see Logan get fried. It will never happen again, would be a shame to waste that eye candy opportunity.

Might have to do a manip of that to tide my blood thirst over...:oldrazz:

I agree. Would they really be averse to putting this on screen?

wolverine_future_past_x-men-610x291.jpg

Yeah this is their chance to do that scene justice and it wouldn't matter because the future will likely be changed at the end.

Maybe future Wolverine will recruit Wolverine's from all different eras from X-MEN: ORIGINS to come help.

Hi, I have not read the comics based on "Days of Future Past"....

The comics is released in 1981 which is quite hard for me to find a vintage comics now.

And wikipedia doesn't really says who are the characters involved in the storyline, just a brief summary only.

I have only see the cartoon...

Can someone give me a lowdown on who are the official characters involved in the "Days of Future Past" comics storyline.....besides Kitty,Wolverine, Storm, Bishop?

And I heard that Scott and Jean are not involved in the storyline.

Thanks. Will greatly appreciate your help and effort.

Bishop has nothing to do with the original Days of Future Past storyline in the books.

In the books...

Past X-Men
: Angel, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Professor Xavier, Storm, and Wolverine
Past Brotherhood: Avalanche, Blob, Destiny, Mystique, and Pyro

Other Characters: Moira MacTaggert, Senator Robert Kelly

Future surviving mutants: Colossus, Franklin Richards, Kitty Pryde, Magneto, Rachel Summers, Storm, and Wolverine

Hi, I have not read the comics based on "Days of Future Past"....

The comics is released in 1981 which is quite hard for me to find a vintage comics now.

And wikipedia doesn't really says who are the characters involved in the storyline, just a brief summary only.

I have only see the cartoon...

Can someone give me a lowdown on who are the official characters involved in the "Days of Future Past" comics storyline.....besides Kitty,Wolverine, Storm, Bishop?

And I heard that Scott and Jean are not involved in the storyline.

Thanks. Will greatly appreciate your help and effort.
If you're able, you can get the issues digitally from a website like Comixology, and read it on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. I actually bought and read Uncanny X-men 141 and 142 (the two issues of DoFP) yesterday. The good thing about digital comics is that you can find old issues easily.

Scott and Jean are not in the story. It takes place after the Dark Phoenix Saga, so Jean is dead and Scott is on a leave of absence in Alaska, and Storm is the replacement leader.

Last edited:
I don't want to see the 70's Wolverine because we've already seen so many movies of the pre-Xmen, looking for answers, Wolverine.

No need to see Wolverine get a crash-course on mutation and the Xmen twice in one series.

I'd rather watch a Wolverine who's already gone through all that development; ya know, if we had to choose between the two.

Having a second chance, doing things differently with Jean and Scott, could provide a fitting conclusion to the character.
Perhaps the caveat with time-travel is that it causes his mind to degrade, something even he can't heal from, which would truly kill him. He sacrifices his own survival, which he has been blessed/cursed with, for the survival of the human/mutant species. Perfect send off for Jackman and the character.

I don't want to see the 70's Wolverine because we've already seen so many movies of the pre-Xmen, looking for answers, Wolverine. No need to see Wolverine get a crash-course on mutation and the Xmen twice in one series. I'd rather watch a Wolverine who's already gone through all that development; ya know, if we had to choose between the two.

Exactly! And killing him in the future just to make way for the 70s Wolverine is ridiculous! Just stick with the future/present Wolverine, the one that will appear in the 2013 Wolverine movie.

And I haven't read the comic-book version of Days of Future Past yet. Its interesting that it also took place after the Phoenix Saga and Jean/Cyke aren't included in the storyline.

Bishop has nothing to do with the original Days of Future Past storyline in the books.

In the books...

Past X-Men: Angel, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Professor Xavier, Storm, and Wolverine
Past Brotherhood: Avalanche, Blob, Destiny, Mystique, and Pyro

Other Characters: Moira MacTaggert, Senator Robert Kelly

Future surviving mutants: Colossus, Franklin Richards, Kitty Pryde, Magneto, Rachel Summers, Storm, and Wolverine

Thanks a lot.

So I guess Singer is making some changes, his own take on the "Days of Future Past" storyline, because Rogue( Anna Paquin), Ice Man ( Shawn Ashmore), Beast (Nicholas Hoult) are not featured in the story at all.

Senator Robert Kelly- That's a tricky one. I don't know how the character is going to be brought back since he turn into water in X1.

Franklin Richards- not familar with this character. Is he related to Reed Richards from Fantastic Four?

Bishop being the time traveler's makes perfect sense. Seeing as how that's...what he is.

But from what I gather, the character himself doesn't have any actual time-travelling powers? From the summary of the TV version of DoFP I've read, he just hops into the time-portal. So if he doesn't have the time-travelling powers, and has no real importance for achieving time travel, why make him the traveller? I can see the point if the whole story is basically from his point of view, but I rather doubt that they'll make him the main character.

Anyhow, from what Singer says it sounds like the time travel in this movie will somehow be less straightforward than just jumping into a time portal.

Last edited:
Changes to the story is totally understandable and reasonable, especially at this point in the movieverse. The most important thing is that it's done well and is a great movie on it's own. Even the writer of the stories, Claremont himself, understands that.

Thanks a lot.

So I guess Singer is making some changes, his own take on the "Days of Future Past" storyline, because Rogue( Anna Paquin), Ice Man ( Shawn Ashmore), Beast (Nicholas Hoult) are not featured in the story at all.

Senator Robert Kelly- That's a tricky one. I don't know how the character is going to be brought back since he turn into water in X1.

Franklin Richards- not familar with this character. Is he related to Reed Richards from Fantastic Four?

Franklin is Reed and Sue Richard's son. In the comics, as Franklin's powers in the FF book had never really been explored at the time (had been hinted at, but he was and for the foreseeable future will ever will be a kid), they had the adult Franklin killed off very quickly in DOFP to avoid treading on the toes of future FF writers.

Since then it's now known that an adult Franklin will be extremely powerful (Omega level and then some). Even the young Franklin was powerful enough to create an entire universe after Onslaught (Heroes Reborn). A future Franklin has been shown to be immortal and can command Galactus like a pet.

For DOFP's purposes, it's best to assume he has been powered down considerably for some unseen reason whilst growing up, as a fully powered Franklin could take out the Sentinels all on his own otherwise.

Edit: Just to add., Rachel Summers is also Scott and Jean's daughter. The reason she was in the story, even though Jean had been killed just a few issues before, is that the decision to kill Jean off was a late one (the pages for the original ending where she lived had already been pencilled) and John Byrne, who was the one who plotted DOFP (this one was his idea) had already planned the story out with Rachel in it.

Last edited:
Franklin is Reed and Sue Richard's son. In the comics, as Franklin's powers in the FF book had never really been explored at the time (had been hinted at, but he was and for the foreseeable future will ever will be a kid), they had the adult Franklin killed off very quickly in DOFP to avoid treading on the toes of future FF writers.

Since then it's now known that an adult Franklin will be extremely powerful (Omega level and then some). Even the young Franklin was powerful enough to create an entire universe after Onslaught (Heroes Reborn). A future Franklin has been shown to be immortal and can command Galactus like a pet.

For DOFP's purposes, it's best to assume he has been powered down considerably for some unseen reason whilst growing up, as a fully powered Franklin could take out the Sentinels all on his own otherwise.

Edit: Just to add., Rachel Summers is also Scott and Jean's daughter. The reason she was in the story, even though Jean had been killed just a few issues before, is that the decision to kill Jean off was a late one (the pages for the original ending where she lived had already been pencilled) and John Byrne, who was the one who plotted DOFP (this one was his idea) had already planned the story out with Rachel in it.

Thanks,

I think maybe Singer replaced Franklin and Rachel Summers with Iceman and Rogue.

Franklin is from FF and since Fox is rebooting FF, unlikely the character is in the film.

Rachel Summers- even less likely cause in Movieverse, we never see Scott and Jean get married, and Jean died in X3 before she even gets pregnant by Scott

I'm fine with Ice Man....but Rogue is just......

Unless she has the power of flight and superhuman strength, Rogue is rather useless in battle scenes.

Maybe future Wolverine will recruit Wolverine's from all different eras from X-MEN: ORIGINS to come help.

yes we need more wolverine, i mean what would be better giving wolverine alot of screen time or giving loads of wolverines alots of screen time

:oldrazz:

A little less wolverine would be nice and give the screen time to characters/actors who needs it the most.

But from what I gather, the character himself doesn't have any actual time-travelling powers? From the summary of the TV version of DoFP I've read, he just hops into the time-portal. So if he doesn't have the time-travelling powers, and has no real importance for achieving time travel, why make him the traveller? I can see the point if the whole story is basically from his point of view, but I rather doubt that they'll make him the main character.

Anyhow, from what Singer says it sounds like the time travel in this movie will somehow be less straightforward than just jumping into a time portal.

I think he said somewhere about it being power based or at least hinting at that direction. So, that suggest we might get Gateway, Fitzroy or something else.

I cant with some fans comments with the closed minded idea that just because Wolverine was the star of original trilogy he will be the star of this movie again.

Many things have changed all these years, the main one: He has his own series, and this is an even more ensemble movie, and the story isnt about Logan, like X2 with his origin and Striker, and X3 about Jean's return (Logan's love interest).

This is a Two teams story, so as such, Logan cant be the big star. shouldnt be. And hopefully wont be.

Wolverine/Hugh Jackman is the star of the original trilogy, of course he's gonna time travel! They are not gonna waste this opportunity not to give him a scene with James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender.

from singers comments i'd guess he wants to try and breath more life into the franchise then just wolverine

wolverine has been in 3 x-men films and soon to be 2 spin offs, so i don't think brian will put that much into wolverine this time

and just because wolverine is the star of the original trilogy doesn't mean singer has to write wolverine as the star of this film too, i'm sure they can do what they did with cyclops in X3 and make him look like he has a bigger role in the trailers, and its not like more wolverine = better film anyway

I cant with some fans comments with the closed minded idea that just because Wolverine was the star of original trilogy he will be the star of this movie again.

Many things have changed all these years, the main one: He has his own series, and this is an even more ensemble movie, and the story isnt about Logan, like X2 with his origin and Striker, and X3 about Jean's return (Logan's love interest).

This is a Two teams story, so as such, Logan cant be the big star. shouldnt be. And hopefully wont be.

I'm not closed-minded when I said Wolverine is gonna be one of the stars of the movie but I also didn't say that he's gonna be the #1 focus of the film. The main stars of the movie will be Wolverine, Professor X and Magneto since they have been the most important characters in the entire X-Men series and it just make sense that those 3 will be THE stars of this first cross-over film in the series.

You aren't being realistic if you think a supporting character like Shadowcat will have a bigger role than Wolverine. Thats like saying Black Widow will have a bigger role than Iron Man in Avengers 2 because Iron Man already got 3 movies under his belt or Captain America because Captain America already got 2 movies under his belt.

from singers comments i'd guess he wants to try and breath more life into the franchise then just wolverine

wolverine has been in 3 x-men films and soon to be 2 spin offs, so i don't think brian will put that much into wolverine this time

and just because wolverine is the star of the original trilogy doesn't mean singer has to write wolverine as the star of this film too, i'm sure they can do what they did with cyclops in X3 and make him look like he has a bigger role in the trailers, and its not like more wolverine = better film anyway

And they aren't also gonna put him in the background. He will still have one of the leading roles in this movie.

Last edited:
i think even though First class didn't do amazing at the box office its still more critically praised then the 2 previous movies and many felt first class breathed new life into the franchise and because of that brian would be crazy to ignore the talent of James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender who pretty much held first class together

but then you also have patrick and ian also

brian has his work cut out for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija