Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Bryan's comments on time travel were interesting. He says he only uses that term due to a lack of better words. I wonder what that means?

I found those comments interesting as well. I guess it could refer to mind time travel rather than physical time travel, which would then strongly suggest Charles being involved in some way. And time travel could actually work either way - either old!Charles travelling to the 70s or young!Charles travelling to the future. Or maybe he could somehow shift between the time periods like Picard did in the All Good Things... episode from Star Trek TNG.

I also think that the "what you should have done/what you didn't do when you were younger" comments kinda fit Charles best, as well. With Erik, the issue IMO would be more about what he had done rather than something he didn't do. Since Wolverine is in the 70s as well I suppose it could somehow involve him as well, but I think it's just more likely that, being the leader figure, Charles' decisions or actions (or non-actions) would have more significant long-term consequences.

One of the most highly anticipated films of 2014 hasn’t even begun shooting, but X-Men: Days of Future Past already has fanboys going nuts. First, it’s director Bryan Singer’s return to the series after helming the first two films. Second, Days of Future Past is based on the incredibly popular 1981 storyline for the comic book series in which past and future X-Men collide. Third, it’s assembling an almost ridiculously star-studded cast including Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, Ellen Page, Anna Paquin, and Shawn Ashmore.
Ashmore, who’s currently starring on Fox’s hit*The Following, says he can’t wait to return as Bobby Drake, a.k.a. Iceman, even though he hasn’t read a word of the script. “As negotiations were happening, there was definitely some communication over what the broad strokes of the character will be and what the storyline is so I have an idea,” he says. “I do specifically know what my part is in broad strokes. I can’t wait. I’m so excited. The fact that not only do we get to reunite and play around with a lot of the actors from the original three [films] but also these two worlds combining is kind of incredible.”
Even more incredible is that Ashmore says that he was originally cast in the original 2000 X-Men as Pyro, not Iceman. Remembers the actor, “My character’s name was John, which was the Pyro character. Then as we were shooting I got new pages one day and it said, ‘Your name has been changed. You’re a different character now.’ All I could think was, ‘Oh man I must have screwed up. I guess they don’t like me or they’re changing the part.’ And I read Bobby and it was the scene where I make the ice rose for Rogue. So that was an interesting change. Now, all these years later I get to play this character.”
And we’ll get to see what happened to Rogue and Bobby’s relationship.”I know,” says Ashmore. ‘They’re constantly having these relationship issues so we’ll see what happens.”
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/03/11/x-men-days-of-future-past-shawn-ashmore-iceman/

didnt get your point at all, xmaniac, it was a short but cool interview to Shawn

I didn't know about the Pyro stuff, so that was cool. Unless I have and forgot.

I didn't know about the Pyro stuff, so that was cool. Unless I have and forgot.

Actually, yes, I didn't know about the Pyro stuff either.

Also, I don't think we can expect anything revelatory in these interviews, whether they've read the script or not.

But I did enjoy hatin' on EW for a moment...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm8t5PPJpqA

I'd love to see this play out, especially with the Apocalypse rumors. His origins are seeded in time travel (he discovers future technology in ancient times) and his inclusion could segue us right into an AoA sequel.

And, I've always loved A's line to Prof. X in that scene "What I know is...it will not be by you."

Cool thing about Shawn playing Pyro. I didn't know about that but I am glad he's Iceman. :D

Did you guys see the interview today on the site that will not be named; in which Singer states in no uncertain terms that he has NEVER met with Mark Millar? He goes in to state that MM has nothing to do with DOFP. Sounds like Fox has really got this all together....lol.

I can't help but wonder who is more hopeless when it comes to superhero films: Fox or WB?

I would say WB.Fox can actully get films made.Now rather you like them or not that's a different story.Fox has the wolverine this year,DOFP next year and FF the year after.
What about WB? After Man of steel nothing defentive planned.Justice league Is waiting for Man of steel's reaction.And even then there are so many stories going around.

Shawn Ashmore as Pyro?!!! That would have interesting to watch! But he's better off as Iceman!

maybe he got a cast member confused with someone else

has it been said Alan Cumming isnt involved?

what if James knows Alan is back but made the mistake to mention him???

:wow:

Well, he also said Peter Dinklage, then said he wasn't sure if that was happening. So what's likely, I think, is that he has an idea of who the cast entails, but isn't 100% sure if they were all locked in.

So I won't get too excited about Alan just yet, but yes, we now know they've at least had serious talks about it...

what I wonder now is if this interview is after or before reading the script.

If James in fact read it, then he must know if Nightcrawler appears or not

James may have made a slipup based on what he knows.

There Is good chance now nightcrawler's In It.I doudt James on his own would mention
Alan.

I think that there's something to it. That's one helluva slip up of some "random" name of an actor he's never worked with before.

from listening to it yes it does sound like a big chance nightcrawler is back for DOFP

but at same time james names only 4 of them from first class.. hmm

from listening to it yes it does sound like a big chance nightcrawler is back for DOFP

but at same time james names only 4 of them from first class.. hmm

Yeah the hype for those chraracters is pretty much non existent right now. Really interested to hear whos back from there, they should give them a bit more attention.

Very excited about a Nightcrawler possibility though.

Last edited:
James only mentions 4 of them from the First Class because there are only four of them coming back for this film.

And Nightcrawler (Alan Cumming) being in this film explains why Azazel is not. We don't need both, I would think.

Yeah, could be. Good way to escape that subplot as well I guess.

I feel bad for whatever OT member is not coming back now if true. This is turning more epic and epic.

Hi, those who have read the DOFP comics , I'm would like to know who are the villains in the storyline?

Is it just the Sentinels robots? Or the humans that create the sentinels robots?

Based on the villains in DOFP storyline , who might Peter Dinklage be playing?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"