Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happy in the least with this "X4", but I'll reserve judgement until I see the film. I just hope that Singer won't use Charles Xavier as wallpaper again, or put young Charles in a coma while his mind is transferred to the future, or something like this. :(

Not happy in the least with this "X4", but I'll reserve judgement until I see the film. I just hope that Singer won't use Charles Xavier as wallpaper again, or put young Charles in a coma while his mind is transferred to the future, or something like this. :(

chances are James McAvoy will have a big role in this film, maybe more so then patrick stewart

Michael Fassbender had to pull out of a role to be in DOFP after all

and lets not forget the "most of the movie takes place in 1073"

Too much info to count something out

What Is looking like what's going to happen Is for a large part of James Mcavoy's screentime In DOFP he's going to have the patrick Stewert version's mind as he works to
stop Magneto from killing Peter Dinklage's character that would lead to Sentinles In future.In future Patrick most likely would be In coma while James' mind In his body.Although It's
possable Patrick with James' mind sees some of future.

Another big question Is will James as Xavier already be bald when the 1973 scenes start or could the mindswitch actully cause him to start going bald.

and lets not forget the "most of the movie takes place in 1073"

Too much info to count something out

I wouldn't be so sure on that.Bryan only confirmed part of film takes place In 1973.To have likely now 8(at least) returnes from trilogy and only 4 returnees
from First Class leads me to doudt most of movie takes place In 1973 report.It seems like to me we may have half of film In future and half film In 1973.

Video of Bryan Singer and McAvoy dishing out on X-Men: Days of Future Past:

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/ne...n-days-of-future-past-theres-heavy-stuff.html

Digital Spy: It's a very dark storyline in the comics "Days of Future Past" Is that the tone your going for more so than the last couple films which perhaps have been more comic book.

Bryan: You know I have a certain style when I approach X-Men films. This one's going to be a much larger canvas. It takes place during multiple times, it has an enormous cast, and there's also other technologies and stuff. There's some science-fiction aspects to it that we haven't seen yet in X-Men films. But, you know I'll probably bring a bit of my old school tone to this one. I'm very excited about it.

Digital Spy: ...Talking about the character of Magneto who was essential and specifically his moral conflict. Will there still be that conflict now that he's turned to evil. How are you approaching him this time around?

Bryan: Because I have both Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender in the picture, you'll deal with both sides of there point of view, and it explores the relationship between Xavier and Magneto and the evolution of that relationship; where it came from and where it's going.

Digital Spy: I was wondering if you would be losing your hair in this?

McXavier: I don't know yet, to be honest with you. I'm gonna find out soon. There is gonna be a film in which Charles goes through a lot of heavy stuff, through the crucible in this movie...

Don't know why everyone's thinking the FC cast is going to be pushed aside.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure on that.Bryan only confirmed part of film takes place In 1973.To have likely now 8(at least) returnes from trilogy and only 4 returnees
from First Class leads me to doudt most of movie takes place In 1973 report.It seems like to me we may have half of film In future and half film In 1973.

there would be no point to the time travel stuff then if half the film is set in future and other half in past, and if so would mean younger xavier and magneto wouldn't get alot of screen time while the originals have all the screen time

i'm guessing 30 - 40 min in future and for the past maybe hour and half

i am guessing the sentinals may not be fully in the future either, maybe finding a way to have some in the past or maybe an early creation of Master Mold in the 70s

You have to wonder If majority of film or at very least half the actully takes place In future.Alan CUmming will make it 8 actors from trilogy.Meanwhile we only have 4 actors from first
Class.Peter Dinklage's character will likely be In 1973 scenes.He's been called the anatagist of film.If this Is Trask or someone to fill the void It seems to make sense to have creater of sentinles as antaginost.We know from Bryan Singer they are also casting an actor for Nixon.Filming starts April 15 and yet nothing else on other returnes from First Class.The
Idea with news we have been getting that a majority of film could take place In 1973 Isn't logicil anymore.The Idea of all these vets would be back for only say 30 minutes of

screentime doesn't make sense.We don't know In which timeframe Omar Sy Is playing In yet.Plus Bryan's comments also hint at using mind switch from comics only It's going to be Xavier,and he may be trying to stop Magneto from creating event that leads to Sentinles.

There may still be new mutants or maybe a recasting for 1973 scenes.But's becoming clear any new mutants probally won't have big roles most likely.

That's insane.

The same argument was made about Avengers but we all know that them having been already introduced in solo films meant they could hit the ground running.

We already know the main players from both timelines.

Singer introduced the idea of the school as an actual school and based on the end of FC and taking place 10 years later, the Xavier Institute is already going to be an actual school most likely. So we will see the same number of mutant kids like in X1 and the the core team of X-men. And just like in X1, besides Wolverine, we weren't introduced to any of them outside of a quick montage.

People need to quick freaking out. Singer has already done this.

We already know he only focused on two Brotherhood members in X1 and Rouge and Wolvie were the only two main X-men in that movie too.

so far everyone thinks Xavier will be mind switching and certain Xmen will be time traveling also

what are we doing saying that certain people can't be in the same timeline as there past self? which would mean wolverine can have his mind taken back to his past self but storm will have to stay in future unless we have a younger storm to put her mind in

im not really sure brian will do both these ideas of xavier mind switching and physical time travel

Last edited:
Curious POVs from Digital Spy. Talking about Magneto it's all "his moral conflict and being essential and blah blah blah". Now with Charles they only seem interested if he's loosing his hair or not? What the hell... :o

Curious POVs from Digital Spy. Talking about Magneto it's all "his moral conflict and being essential and blah blah blah". Now with Charles they only seem interested if he's loosing his hair or not? What the hell... :o

you could bet if no one had mentioned wolverine in the movie that would have been the first question... is wolverine in this movie?

its just simple ass questions for them to ask really

the relationship between Xavier and magneto will be explored more it seems though

With Alan Cumming likely returning that brings the OT vets to 8.Meanwhile we have 4 from First Class confirmed.That's a major Imbalance.Plus we have 2 confirmed new actors and we know It will be 3 when they cast Nixon.So this most likely leaves us with 15.

Now let's compare this to X-Men,X2,and the Avengers to characters not cameos

X-men-11 Characters
X2-14 Characters(Including the fictional president)
The Avengers-12 Characters(counting Banner and Hulk as seperate Characters)

So you see poentilly we already have more characters.

My assumation had been we would spend 30 minutes In future and 1 hour and 30 minutes In 1973 but with so many OT vets I don't think that's possible anymore.If we were going to spend majority of time In 1973 more first Class actors would be returning.Now certinly Xavier and Beast won't be only X-Men In 1973 and Magneto and Mystique won't be only brotherhood In 1973 but I am starting to get feeling there will be c list and obscue characters In 1973 to fill the void.Characters that are in there for power displays and not to
take away from Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and Beast.

Plus with exception of say Iceman all OT actors are promentant actors.The Idea they went to trouble getting them back and not give them something to do Is crazy.The future scenes aren't just going to be mutant VS Sentinles.

The Idea of 1 hour In future and 1 hour In past Is starting to look very plausable.Plus I am thinking the time travel will simply be Mind switch of Xavier.

I would imagine that wolverine fans would have no problem with the concept of the "Badass" character getting more screentime and focus than the more "boy scout" counterpart.

The Idea of 1 hour In future and 1 hour In past Is starting to look very plausable.Plus I am thinking the time travel will simply be Mind switch of Xavier.

you say that but everyone is expecting there to be a time traveler or 2, rather then mind switching

who knows maybe wolverine, storm, nightcrawer, iceman,rogue and kitty will all time travel

but maybe your right and its an hour each and its just Xavier mind switching for the next hour in the 70s

What can he say about Charles that wouldn't ruin/draw attention to how he's bringing Patrick Stewart back?

Singer wouldn't say even if he could.

I must be the one of the few who are wishing that most of this movie will indeed take place 73' as reported.

I'm not all that interested in this basically being X4, especially when its likely that Hugh will be shoved down our throats again, and especially since its highly unlikely that they'll have enough time to rectify certain mistakes from Last Stand

you say that but everyone is expecting there to be a time traveler or 2, rather then mind switching

who knows maybe wolverine, storm, nightcrawer, iceman,rogue and kitty will all time travel

but maybe your right and its an hour each and its just Xavier mind switching for the next hour in the 70s

Bryan Singer's own comments on time travel are hinting at a mind switch like the comics.And with other comments It can be a very good guess It be Xavier.
The assumation of multiple time travelers could be wrong.

If Wolverine,Storm,Nightcrawler,Iceman,Rogue,and Kitty all time travel that would mean a physical time travel.While that would answer why only 4 first Class actors are confirmed It would mean limit any action In future against Sentinles.

And It would likely be cutting back and forth between time peroids with each peroid getting an hour.

I must be the one of the few who are wishing that most of this movie will indeed take place 73' as reported.

I'm not all that interested in this basically being X4, especially when its likely that Hugh will be shoved down our throats again, and especially since its highly unlikely that they'll have enough time to rectify certain mistakes from Last Stand

Nothing says this movie won't be mostly in 1973 except fan ramblings.

Seven months ago is was "WOLVERINE IS GOING TO BE THE TRAVELER!!!SINGER IS JUST GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER WOLVERINE MOVIE!!!"

Now we have almost the entire original trilogy cast and some people think it's now not even a FC movie anymore even though nothing we've learned has changed. We just filled in the gaps of who is going to be in the future segments.

What can he say about Charles that wouldn't ruin/draw attention to how he's bringing Patrick Stewart back?

Singer wouldn't say even if he could.
I'm talking about the way Digital Spy and so many other sites pose questions. When talking about First Class and the characters that will be part of DoFP, their only interest is Magneto, not the dynamics between Charles and Erik - which Singer included in his answer, btw. It's so boring and predictable. Xavier is a complex character who is much more than just a bald head. Is it so difficult to ask something interesting about him?

If Fassbender was being interviewed and he didn't have the helmet yet, people would be asking him about that. Nothing wrong with the hair question.

Right now we have 8 likely returnees(Including Alan Cumming who james mcavoy let slip)+ possibly Omar Sy(If he Is playing Bishop) In future scenes.That's a lot for maybe 30
minutes of screentime If we assume the majority of film takes place In 1973 report Is accurate.Meanwhile we have 4 announced returnees from First Class +Peter Dinklage as
most likely Human Antagenst.If Omar Sy Is playing Synch or another mutant he could also be In this timeperoid.Still this Is major Imbalance Is you assume majority of film takes place In 1973.They are a few weeks away from filming and they apparently dropped majority of first class cast for film that suspossily a majority takes place In 1973?

I think the way this is shaping up, the future era will focus on getting Xavier's mind, or the twin brother's mind, sent back to the past, or mind-swapped with the younger version of Xavier. It will revolve around what I believe will be Omar Sly/Bishop's character providing the device or the platform to acheive this, because I don't think a mind swap into the far past should be easily acheivable by any means. I think it will be about the original X-Men getting to this device before the Sentinels and the villains responsible for the genocide get to it.

The past era will probably have a young Xavier receiving this information somewhere in the final act, so that the future era does not appear to be anti-climactic (X-Men having succeeded in sending Xavier's mind back in time). Then the FC X-Men will try to stop the events from unfolding. Just my wild guess.

Act I: 1973
Act II: 2013
Act III: 1973

With Acts I/II altering back and forth between one another.

Last edited:
I think the way this is shaping up, the future era will focus on getting Xavier's mind, or the twin brother's mind, sent back to the past, or mind-swapped with the younger version of Xavier. It will revolve around what I believe will be Omar Sly/Bishop's character providing the device or the platform to acheive this, because I don't think a mind swap into the far past should be easily acheivable by any means. I think it will be about the original X-Men getting to this device before the Sentinels and the villains responsible for the genocide get to it.

The past era will probably have a young Xavier receiving this information somewhere in the final act, so that the future era does not appear to be anti-climactic (X-Men having succeeded in sending Xavier's mind back in time). Then the FC X-Men will try to stop the events from unfolding. Just my wild guess.

Act I: 1973
Act II: 2013
Act III: 1973

With Acts I/II altering back and forth between one another.

that would be an interesting way of doing it

Halle Berry re-confirms her role as Storm on Tonight Show:

[YT]h4nQfERJ1Vs[/YT]

:storm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"