Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha very true. I dont think they are gonna do more Phoenix stuff in The Wolverine if they are following with DoFP ...then again never know with this franchise.

Jean Grey's scene could just be a dream or just a reminder to the audience that Wolverine still remembers Jean and his love for her. People think it might be related to DOFP because most of the actors from the original cast are coming back and Famke Jannsen who might also join the cast but no.

Last edited:
I wish she wasn't in it. I have no desire whatsoever to see The Wolverine... especially after three movies of him hogging the spotlight and a terrible solo movie. But if Famke has a cameo I feel compelled to watch it. I'm still crossing my fingers she'll be in DOFP. I know she's dead so that might be preventing her appearance in the movie, but so is Xavier and Patrick Stewart is returning. And I really can't see Singer going with the whole "he transferred his mind into his identical twin" bs of the Last Stand.

I wish she wasn't in it. I have no desire whatsoever to see The Wolverine... especially after three movies of him hogging the spotlight and a terrible solo movie. But if Famke has a cameo I feel compelled to watch it. I'm still crossing my fingers she'll be in DOFP. I know she's dead so that might be preventing her appearance in the movie, but so is Xavier and Patrick Stewart is returning. And I really can't see Singer going with the whole "he transferred his mind into his identical twin" bs of the Last Stand.

Well, if X3 is still considered movie canon, what other explanation is there for Xavier's appearance in DoFP? He can't just "come back".

We all saw him pop like a wad of pink bubblegum ya know. :cool:

Well, if X3 is still considered movie canon, what other explanation is there for Xavier's appearance in DoFP? He can't just "come back".

:lmao:
tumblr_lnkivrA0uZ1qzds02o1_500.gif

tumblr_lp3s95XQPs1qj0krzo1_500.gif

I was thinking alternate future/reality? But I'm not sure. I just really can't see the audience accepting this twin scenario.

Jean Grey's scene could just be a dream or just a reminder to the audience that Wolverine still remembers Jean and his love for her. People think it might be related to DOFP because most of the actors from the original cast are coming back and Famke Jannsen but might also join the cast but no.

Yeah, not saying it wont or cant happen. But I think its very unlikely.

So there has only been one solo Wolverine movie, right? and that was no good? then why on earth are they still doing another one??

They are probably going with that direction if Bryan Singer plans to not ignore any events that happened in X3. He will probably put his own spin on that and just go ahead with it.

So there has only been one solo Wolverine movie, right? and that was no good? then why on earth are they still doing another one??

Yeah Origins is the worst of the bunch. They got a good team this time, Rothmans gone and they are adapting arguably the best Wolverine story. Wolverine fighting Ninjas in Japan should be an awesome time in the theatre. If they mess this up it will be hard to recover.

Because Origins did very well at the box-office during its first weekend and FOX were so happy with the result that they quickly greenlighted the 2nd Wolverine movie. They also had plans that incase that they make a 2nd Wolverine wolverine, it will be the Japan story-arc from the comic-books. FOX told the producers that they had to do the origin story first before doing the Japan story.

besides that....why are they still doing more ? was the story no good??

I was thinking alternate future/reality? But I'm not sure. I just really can't see the audience accepting this twin scenario.

Yeah this sounds like something out of a bad mutant soap opera. I can't really see how it can be salvaged from lameness. But, well, if the future in DoFP is set after X3 and they want to use old!Charles in it, they'll have little choice but to roll with it.

besides that....why are they still doing more ? was the story no good??

Because the Japan storyline is probably the quintessential Wolverine piece. It deals with Samurai, Ninjas, Japanese gangsters, his struggle with the animal nature within himself, the way he views himself.

It really is a great story. And as others have said, FOX said they had set the Origins for the character before they could do the Japan story.

There have been several storylines set Japan with Wolverine. And they're all very strong stories.

how would you bring jean and scott back in future films? after all we see jean die and we are pretty much with the idea that cyclops was killed and i think if cyclops just turned up and was like noo i didn't die i was just knocked out or whatever it would seem like a cop out really

yeah, I might see it just for the cameo heh.

My remaining hope that Famke will come back rests on the fact that she hasn't lined up another project yet (despite seeming to be very eager to eager to do more work).

Also, Famke's new show, Hemlock Grove, premieres mid April, so I'm hoping that if she's in it the announcement will come around then.

I can't see the Japanese storyline to work that well, since the movie-verse Wolverine hasn't struggled with his animal nature at all.

That scene with Xavier exploding into pieces was too much.

How much better it would have been to see the Phoenix firebird enveloping the house and a blinding flash of light and then see an empty, smouldering wheelchair.

But Ratner doesn't do subtle.

Yeah this sounds like something out of a bad mutant soap opera. I can't really see how it can be salvaged from lameness. But, well, if the future in DoFP is set after X3 and they want to use old!Charles in it, they'll have little choice but to roll with it.

They have plenty of choices.

Shatner-Kirk on Nimoy-Spock at the conclusion of Star Trek II:
"There are always...possibilities."

Bryan Singer:
"We've cracked it in a way that it makes sense. I had a two-hour conversation with James Cameron about time travel, string theory, multiverses and all that."

I'm telling you, folks...in Singer's alt-X-future, the events of Rat's "motion picture" will be "different"...and/or definitely won't have happened by the end of DOFP.

I never saw origins. So I might give the new one a try.

You're on an X-Men movie forum and you haven't seen X-Men Origins: Wolverine? I know the film's lackluster, but... :huh:

I can't see the Japanese storyline to work that well, since the movie-verse Wolverine hasn't struggled with his animal nature at all.

This is why you get people like Chris McQuarrie to write your script -- to make it bit more "realistic" within that world. I think this will be a very different (yet recognizable) Logan than what we've seen before. I think the same for his character in DOFP.

:word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"