Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

Very well said. To me, Storm's most defining storyline was the period in which she lost her powers. She was always written to be the one mutant who's powers were the greatest gift and responsibility... one in which Ororo really cherished. To see her have her powers stripped from her against her will was devastating, but she picked herself up again, continued to lead the X-Men, and walked into the heart of battle with only her human skill and might to protect her.

And so with X3 having the whole "cure" storyline, I really thought that was the opportunity to really throw the character head first into the main plotline. It would have been a risky but amazing moment to see her lose her powers... and then a great chance to see her overcome.

2. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Yes!

I don't even know why you people are arguing about this. Stevie Wonder thinks you people are blind! LOL

Now that I think about it, that's probably one of my favorite scenes in this entire franchise and I'm not even a Halle Berry fan.

3. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

I just read the article. He seemed no more coy about Nightcrawler than he did regarding Storm. In fact, his response on Storm/Halle Berry was actually more detailed than this one.

I think Storm and Nightcrawler are the last two main characters from X2 that Bryan last worked with directly on this franchise. If I am reading his comments properly it sounds to me like he's trying to get the entire cast back but only if it makes sense and doesn't come across like he's just throwing them in there.

No one wants a repeat of X3. :whatever:

4. Lightning Strykez!

Post like these remind me why I've been a cyber-lover of you for 10 years on this site. :):hrt:

5. Lightning Strykez!

Agreed on all fronts. I honestly don't expect anything more from Storm in DoFP beyond some absolutely brilliant SFX battles with the Sentinels before or after being apprehended/jailed/killed. And that's it. That's all the producers of this franchise have ever used Storm for anyway. So I've come to stop expecting equal treatment--it's never gonna happen until a complete reboot or with another studio.

Funny: aside from Jean, Storm is the most powerful member of the X-Men in the movie-verse. Yet of the entire cast, she has the most shallow soul in terms of character development. What a waste. :whatever:

6. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

The Storm discussion has just been dominating these boards lately...

7. Lightning Strykez!

Hell yeah...it just proves how important the character is to so many of the users here. :csad: But if she's NOT as important to Singer & Co. trust me, the discussion about her here will die off soon enough.

By March we should know for sure if Halle Berry has been cast or not.

I just know one thing: if they pass on her again, they better not f***ing put Riptide or some other "Storm Rip Off" type weather controlling character in this thing like they did in First Class. That was a slap in the face. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  8. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

I love Storm in the movies, I always liked the idea of her leading the X-Men after Cyke no longer being around.

9. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

I would hope that if they can't give her a plotline that's relevant to the story, the next best thing would be to display Storm's leadership skills.

One of the many great aspects of Storm's comic book character was her natural ability to lead the team and to make very difficult decisions. What better time to display that than in the very bleak and dangerous DOFP timeline.

If they can't give her a nice character arc, they should just focus on her burden as the leader, having to send her troops on these dire missions and having ironclad conviction in the face of extermination. (Very unlike X3, where she was always deferring to Logan.)

10. Lightning Strykez!

You mean the studio deferring to Logan. :cool:

11. SterlingDee

SterlingDee Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with you: I don't think Jean's arc was an amazing one, but it at least is touched on in each of the movies.

12. DarknessOfDeath

DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Okay...so im hearing stuff from here to there about the majority of the cast from the first trilogy are returning...does that mean Famke Janssen gets to reprise her role as Dr. Jean Grey? If so, Good god, I'll be a happy guy if thats true...I'd rather ignore the chaos that was TLS...and pretend it never happened. So, any word on who is returning???

13. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

I always thought it would have been cool in X3 to see a now dysfunctional team struggling after the death of Jean especially with a distant Cyclops who's lost all sense of composure and a bitter Wolvie at each others throats. Would have been cool to see Storm being the glue that kept the team together.

14. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

All films are still canon and Singer said he is taking all into consideration not just his own. The film takes place post X3, so far no Jean, CYC or Storm. Logan, Kitty, Iceman, Rogue, Magneto and Xavier are back.

15. DarknessOfDeath

Aww man... but I want Jean and Cykes back. :(

16. Lightning Strykez!

Darkness,

Famke's next X-Men appearance will be in the upcoming Wolverine film which precedes Days Of Future Past. So you'll get your Phoenix fix at least then.

No word yet on which Jean we're going to get. Sane Jean or Dark Jean....

17. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Since the story deals with time travel and alt timelines we will probably get them back in some way by the end of the film. I just doubt they will announce them cause it would be giving away a twist that they return....and like Lightning said Jean will show up in The Wolverine. Probably a dream or hallucination though, since shes still dead.

18. DarknessOfDeath

Oh really?? Okay well how many solo Wolverine movies are there? lol. Wasn't the last one not so good? How will Jean fit into the wolverine movie?

19. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Dont know yet, not a big role though. My guess is her death is probably haunting Logan in some way. But who knows, hopefully this Wolverine is much better then origins.

20. Lightning Strykez!

Jean is dead. But Dark Phoenix is not. Even in the movie-verse. You simply cannot kill that thing. It's like a cosmic cockroach...not gonna happen. :dry:

21. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Eh I don't want Nightcrawler to return especially they probably wouldn't focus on why he returned. I hope they just save him in the next movie after DOFP.

I don't think they should give Storm this "claustrophobic" moment. She already appeared in 3 movies and there was no indication that she is claustrophobic. It would just feel forced and out of nowhere if they decided to finally include it in the movie.

I feel like its really lazy to just bring back characters who already died in the past and bring them back just so all of the characters that were in the original trilogy are gonna be reunited for this film.

22. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Haha very true. I dont think they are gonna do more Phoenix stuff in The Wolverine if they are following with DoFP ...then again never know with this franchise.

23. DarknessOfDeath

So somehow Jean/dark Phoenix's death is haunting Logan but like Lightning Strykez said, you can't kill that thing. lol. But that's just one reason for Jean to be in the movie.... I hope she's in it more than just a cameo or something...

24. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Logan killed the Woman he loved. Thats gonna mess with him a bit as it would anyone. Since The Wolverine takes place after X3 not following on those events would be a mistake. I dont think they will open up another hint at the Phoenix cause DOFP will change things alot by the end. Its a huge thing to bring back in. They would have to re introduce everything at that point.

25. Lightning Strykez!

Don't hold your breath. :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.