Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only change I care about is that they bring Cyclops back. Still can't believe how much they wasted his character.

First Class is prequel to X-Men so it's X-Men 0.
First Class is another part of X-Men, like United, The Last Stand or Days of Future Past.
And agree DOFP is X-Men 4. We''ll see action in 1973, but it's about our heroes in present time, they had to do something to change reality, travel to past...

First Class is another part of X-Men, like United, The Last Stand or Days of Future Past.
And agree DOFP is X-Men 4. We''ll see action in 1973, but it's about our heroes in present time, they had to do something to change reality, travel to past...

It's about both. And it's been said they'll be spending probably more time in the past than the future, so if anyone says it's a sequel to one and not the other, you're just fooling yourselves.

The OT are technically the future now and not the present, either ways you look at it its a sequel to both, we will be seeing things from both sides of the coin per say.

The OT send Logan back to convince young xavier and magneto to changes the future, so you Could easy say the FC guys have a bigger part to play here then the OT and that the OT are just setting up the plot if you wanted to be picky, but no we ain't saying that because this will be a joint 2 casts adventure continuing from X3 and FC.

we don't know how its gonna end but chances are there will be a fair amount of character development on both ends.

Last edited:
It's so simple.

DOFP is a sequal to X3 and First Class.

It's about both lots of characters but It's looking like the The First Class era will be the focus since the movie is reported to be set mostly in 1973.

A few members here seem to have a bias against the First Class characters and presence in this movie.

Let's start to talk about something actually important. Colossus. How many lines is he going to have?

Let's start to talk about something actually important. Colossus. How many lines is he going to have?

did he have any lines in X3 at all? i know he stood around alot and carried tvs about

I think he literally only had 1 line.

It's so simple.

It's about both lots of characters but It's looking like the The First Class era will be the focus since the movie is reported to be set mostly in 1973.

A few members here seem to have a bias against the First Class characters and presence in this movie.

Actualy I call It the other way around some members have bias against OT cast and their pressence In film.

Once again complaning about wolverine:doh:
Complaning that Bishop remains in future scenes
complaning they aren't flooding the past with new characters like the Scarlet witch complaning that OT cast are important
wanting to wipe out all films besides FC.

the 1973 part of film seems to focus on Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,Mystique,beast,and trask with Quicksilver and Stryker in SUpporting roles and Havok and Nixon In smaller roles.

Colossus is probably not gonna say much, but I bet he will have some cool action scenes.

Actualy I call It the other way around some members have bias against OT cast and their pressence In film.

Once again complaning about wolverine:doh:
Complaning that Bishop remains in future scenes
complaning they aren't flooding the past with new characters like the Scarlet witch complaning that OT cast are important
wanting to wipe out all films besides FC.

No one from what I can see has been bias against the OT

I hope they have a good budget for special effects. I don't want another Colossus who looks like the T-1000.

Yup, ""She took off"

(referring to Rogue)

All I can remember him doing is throwing Wolverine 2x and carrying a TV nonchalantly in X3.

He totally stole that TV from Xavier's room after he died.

Probably not many, but Singer allowed for him to have a far bigger on-screen presence than he had in TLS. And in X2, he had much less screen time. I get the feeling he'll at least show TLS up.

"Yeah, she took off."

Compared to his one main line in X2:

"I can help you."

Though I think he had a couple other easy-to-miss lines in X2 when leading the other students to safety. Either way, it's pretty incredible when you compare the two films and realize how less Singer had to work with but seemed to make the best of it. I'd like to think he'll shine (oh, look, a pun!) even more in DoFP. We at least know he has a neat suit. :up:

He totally stole that TV from Xavier's room after he died.

Haha, I couldn't figure it out especially since it was the first film to numerously showcase the Mansion's fancy flatscreens. It just seemed so bizarre, but I hope we get an origin film about it. X1 was an origin film for Rogue's hair, XO:W was an origin film for Wolverine's jacket, FC was an origin film for Magneto's helmet... why don't we have one for Colossus' television? Seems only fair!

It's so simple.

I don't think anyone really has a bias -against- the First Class characters, rather the fact that the apocalyptic future with the main cast, and characters like Bishop, and seeing Sentinels, is far more interesting.

At least for me.

No one from what I can see has been bias against the OT

I don't think anyone has a bias -against- anything.

Some people just have their preferences for what they are most anticipating.

A lot of people, I believe JP is one of them, are more interested in McAvoy, Fassbender, and the First Class crew.

Others, like myself, are more interested in seeing Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's versions of the characters, along with the main cast, and new characters like Bishop, in a new, unique setting where we see mutants fighting Sentinels.

I don't think there's any anti-bias however. I think the whole movie is gonna be awesome. But for me, it's the apocalyptic setting with Sentinels running the scene rounding up mutants into concentration camps, with a resistance of mutants including Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Colossus, Bishop, etc. that's the main draw. For others, the main draw is seeing the younger versions of the characters in the 1970's setting and everything else that will come along with the past setting.

I agree!

And if there's another film featuring the prequel characters (but without the OT cast), I think I'll consider that as X-Men 0.5.

The OT are technically the future now and not the present, either ways you look at it its a sequel to both, we will be seeing things from both sides of the coin per say.

The OT send Logan back to convince young xavier and magneto to changes the future, so you Could easy say the FC guys have a bigger part to play here then the OT and that the OT are just setting up the plot if you wanted to be picky, but no we ain't saying that because this will be a joint 2 casts adventure continuing from X3 and FC.

we don't know how its gonna end but chances are there will be a fair amount of character development on both ends.

I mostly see DoFP as its own thing, as I believe Singer referred to it as well.

It is of course technically a sequel to FC and X3 in a sense of it taking place a few years after both films and continuing with the same characters. But to me, both the 70s and the dark!future settings are so far removed from the settings of FC and X3 that I find it hard to see DoFP as a direct sequel to either film.

As to what sets of characters are more "important", well both are. The plot wouldn't happen in the first place without the OT characters setting things in motion, and it's up to FC characters plus Wolverine to actually do the work in the past and change the future.

I'm a bit sceptical about how much proper character development is going to happen in the future setting, considering the sheer amount of characters and the fact that most of the film is set in the 70s.

Last edited:
It's still about the same people. It's just jumping decades. Not like its focus is on new X-Men or anything. Logan, Prof X and Magneto are still around. The film will obviously have implications with future films. Gonna be pretty important to both crews. Don't really see how this is "it's own thing". That sounds more like X-Force. Guess we will see.

I expect alot of Prof-X and Magneto character development. Especially in the state that we have seen Mcavoy in. Logan is gonna have to do some motivating to get him out of his dark times.

Last edited:
I'm a bit sceptical about how much proper character development is going to happen in the future setting, considering the sheer amount of characters and the fact that most of the film is set in the 70s.

This is a huge concern for me. What I don't want is for Singer to focus on developing the First Class characters and Wolverine and then just have the future X-Men in huge battles with little to no development. The future setting involve characters we haven't seen in a long time as well as entirely new characters that deserved to be fleshed out. They need to give equal development to both groups of characters.

I don't want to come out of the film knowing more about Magneto and Professor X but still not knowing anything about Storm, Iceman, Kitty and Rogue. I don't think it's fair to have loads of development for Beast and Mystique and yet be wondering who Bishop and Blink are, as in really are and why they do what they do etc.

I feel like there is so much potential for some great character development for the future characters. They'll be the ones that will be more different and changed from where they were at the end of the Last Stand as opposed to 70's characters and where they were at the end of First Class.

How has the dark future affected them? How did they survive for so long? Have they had to do dark things and let go of their moral code etc. All of these have the potential to make great character development.

I am of the opinion that the movie should be split 50/50 so there's a chance for every main character not just the FC characters to get some development. Especially if this could be the last time we see the Original cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"