Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
A moderater who posts from time to time who has contacts has said on Twitter and Podcast that Mcavoy Is only one likely to return.He's one i follow on twitter.

Even if they do leave, not to worry, there's a Channing Tatum headed Gambit adventure to come... :oldrazz:

A moderater who posts from time to time who has contacts has said on Twitter and Podcast that Mcavoy Is only one likely to return.He's one i follow on twitter.

If this is true, and I feel like that's a big if, would it be so bad? We know Beast goes off to do other stuff, Mystique has other stuff going on, and finding a reason for Magneto to rock up in every adventure and go undefeated is becoming harder and harder.

If we've got Jean, Scott and Storm, Prof X, Wolverine, Gambit, and potentially Apocalypse, Sinister et al, are we in that bad a position?

So you want to throw out the OT cast and lose most of FC and try to sell films on Channing Tatum who Is hardly the most well received casting.

What makes you think Gambit would be more well received that the wolverine which had Jackman to sell film overseas?

The OT cast aren't part of the FC cast you were talking about not returning

Every indication is that the OT cast are up for returning, and we'd all love a movie with them. Worst case scenario is that we have an OT film, which would be amazing

Also, I was being sarcastic about Tatum...

After having read a draft of the script, I can't wait to see the Rogue scene.:woot: Also that rumoured Apocalypse post credits scene that Singer denied a few months ago was sooo true.:rolleyes:

After having read a draft of the script, I can't wait to see the Rogue scene.:woot: Also that rumoured Apocalypse post credits scene that Singer denied a few months ago was sooo true.:rolleyes:

I also heard on twitter and podcast that the post credit scene Singer denied was true.They changed it.

I also heard on twitter and podcast that the post credit scene Singer denied was true.They changed it.

And thank God they did. The one they had in the film was so much better and gave me goosebumps.:woot: Do you think we'll get an alternate or extended cut for DOFP? I heard they were finishing up the VFX for the Rogue scene.:oldrazz:

Why do some many feel need to celebrate the non-FC films being erased from cannon.

On twitter and podcast filmJamie has said from what he has heard James Mcavoy Is likely to be only FC actor open to returning past Apocalypse

I am not fan of reboots.That is why I am unsure which X film I like better X2 or DOFP.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that. McAvoy/Xavier is the only one who would need to come back, though I'd miss Fassbender/Magneto and Hoult/Beast.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with that. McAvoy/Xavier is the only one who would need to come back, though I'd miss Fassbender/Magneto and Hoult/Beast.

Yeah but Lawrence and fassbender are the stars of FC cast.

Since trilogy and WOlverine films are now erased we have never had a X-men
VS Magneto film. Since Ian Mckellen wasn't part of altered future ending of DOFP
then Michael fassbneder Is only Magneto of series now:csad:

Yeah, if we get new villains I think I could live without not having Fassy. I feel like X-Men is his really fun blockbuster gig that he does in between his more artsy/Oscar-level productions, and though his stock has risen considerably since FC (and will probably increase even more now that DOFP has been a hit critically and financially), he genuinely seems to enjoy playing Magneto and working with James and co. so I don't think he'll against returning past Apocalypse.

But I'm biased though, I just love Fassbender's Magneto a lot. But the X-Men have many more villains than just him so I would like to have him explored too.

I think Hoult will stick around though. Or not. I'd like for him to stay, I enjoy Beast as a character and I think there's a lot more to do with his character, and someone needs to be the brains behind the Blackbird and the other X-Men gear. But I guess Scott could also take Hank's place as Charles's right hand man in everything post FC to align itself with the OT and how Hank was off on his own until X3.

They'll get Lawrence and Fassbender back. I believe Lawrence is locked into a contract for it, though Fox may re-negotiate with her to keep her on longer. And Kinberg said that he sees First Class as Erik's story, DOFP as Xavier story, and that Apocalypse will be both men's story, so they'll get Fassbender back as well.

It might take a pay raise, but I think Fox is willing to do that. Singer was able to get them to open their checkbook big time for this one.

I was rather hoping it was Cyclops' story.

Singer did well with multiple character arcs in this movie, I think young Cyclops, Jean, and Storm will also be a large part of the movie as well.

Perhaps the actors they cast in those roles can lead the series forward, like we had the trio of Fassbender, McAvoy, and Lawrence from First Class.

That way you wouldn't absolutely need Fassbender or Lawrence back for whatever comes after Apocalypse, and McAvoy can still play the professor.

Apocalypse can serve as an introduction to the young Cyclops, Jean, and Storm. And you can then set up to have Sinister as the villain afterward, and you wouldn't have to have Magneto back.

Michael has said in many interviews that he is interested in continuing to play Magneto for Apocalypse and films after. Besides all four are contracted for three films. They've made two so they have another one to do.

Michael has said in many interviews that he is interested in continuing to play Magneto for Apocalypse and films after. Besides all four are contracted for three films. They've made two so they have another one to do.

Fassbender does seem happy in the role. From the interviews, it sounds like the cast really likes working together. Jackman appears to be all but 100% confirmed for the next one as well.

I read that both MacAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, and Hoult are all signed up for three films.

28ingra.jpg

:oldrazz:

Look who Hugh "bumped" into and posted a pic online.
BpBQDXCIgAAFb2f.jpg

Look who Hugh "bumped" into and posted a pic online.
BpBQDXCIgAAFb2f.jpg

That's cool. Hugh's hosting the Tony Awards next week, so he's been seeing just about all of the shows and posting backstage pictures on Instagram.

Alan Cumming is amazing in Cabaret. :up:

At the end of the day money talks, and if they want these guys back bad enough, I'm sure they'll throw whatever amount of money it takes to get them back.

I read that both MacAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, and Hoult are all signed up for three films.

They are. Since Fassbender and Lawrence's careers have really blown up since First Class, it's seemed like they'll be likely to leave once they do the third film they're obligated to do, because at this point it's holding them back from the kinds of roles they're being offered now.

Fassbender does seem happy in the role. From the interviews, it sounds like the cast really likes working together. Jackman appears to be all but 100% confirmed for the next one as well.

Fassbender seemed really cool when we saw him at the premiere, and it seemed like he was enjoying himself. The whole cast was really pretty awesome that night.

They were asked who was coming back for Apocalypse, and James said he and Michael were, "unless we screw up, they tell us we suck and we're terrible at our jobs and they fire us". Hugh said DOFP would pretty much answer that question...which it pretty did. He's soooooo coming back for Apocalypse. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"