Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugh apparently is on ESPN Sport Center at 12:40 today.

Personally think having Quick Silver in Apocalypse is a must. Seeing as most people have ssid hes the best thing in Xmen Days of Future Past.

It could be good but I really dont want him to detract from cyc jean and storm. There is a lot to put into the Apoc film it seems

Personally think having Quick Silver in Apocalypse is a must. Seeing as most people have ssid hes the best thing in Xmen Days of Future Past.
Isn't it great? Reactions to Qs were mixed earlier on, and now people are saying he has one of the best scenes in the film. Always cool to have a character unexpectedly shine. :)

Yeah agreed. But Kinberg has said he will be in the next movie. Should imagine he will join The First Class crew.

Yeah it is excellent. I remember people saying hes going to be awful. I dont like his costume bla bla. This guy cant be Quick Silver lol. Eat your words people!

My problem with QS is still his look,but maybe it will not bother me while watching the movie.

My problem with QS is still his look,but maybe it will not bother me while watching the movie.

In the film itself i didn't find it that far fetched as I did in the promotional stuff. It fits well with the rest of the 70s side of the film. Hopefully the 80s inspires him
to cut his hair. I also think Peter's did a great job character wise.

Never understood the complaints about his look. He wears several different things in the movie, he's a smart ass kid in the 70s. It's exactly how you'd expect him to look. He's embracing his power.

Great article! :up:

Will be interested to see if DOFP can break the mold for the X-franchise.

Never understood the complaints about his look. He wears several different things in the movie, he's a smart ass kid in the 70s. It's exactly how you'd expect him to look. He's embracing his power.

Agreed, people ignored the context and looked at it as a Superhero costume of the modern day and judged it on that basis :doh:

Last edited:
Cant believe it! After all this time of talking about what the first trailer might show and waiting for a second one....I have purchased my tickets for the early thursday night showing. *Tear*.....

Those promotional images weren't the best honestly. I am sure he will be fine in the movie.

I've seen it! Yay!

Saw it earlier today, I can now join the 'We've Already Seen It' Club. But it's out in two days anyway!

I've seen it! Yay!

Saw it earlier today, I can now join the 'We've Already Seen It' Club. But it's out in two days anyway!

Woot! :woot:

Welcome to the club! We're having jackets made. :oldrazz:

Did you like it?

Woot! :woot:

Welcome to the club! We're having jackets made. :oldrazz:

Did you like it?

I did! Yes! I have a couple of small issues (issuettes?) but it builds and builds in a fantastic way.

There's some funny moments like
those three dogs staring at Trask...not sure why that was there but I liked it

I found some of the things mentioned in the reviews I have read to be bizarrely opposite to my own experience. I didn't find the plot or the time travel to be 'over complicated' at all - they did their best to make it simple - and I didn't find any movement between past or present to be confusing. Quicksilver doesn't just 'disappear' as one critic said. I wasn't constantly wondering 'where is Rogue, why isn't she having a major role'. Nor did I think McKellen to be 'under-utilised'. Also, despite what other critics said, I thought the 70s setting was very authentic and captured the vibe of the era.

From a personal perspective, I always want more Storm but what we got was fine.

I'd give it 4/5 (or 8/10 if that's your measure). I could be pushed to a 9/10, but i will consider that after a second viewing!

Shame the post-credits scene really is right at the end of the credits! What a wait!

Last edited:
And how would you rank it among the other X-movies?

That's a tough one. I'll have to mull that over.

It's probably as good as X2, from a filmmaking perspective.

It's true to the tone of the other films, it doesn't feel like it was at all designed as a counterpart to Avengers, and that's good in many ways (as in it's not trying to copy something else) but I wouldn't say it's THE definitive X-Men movie. It's a very good resetting of the franchise so that past and future can continue in the best possible ways.

I did! Yes! I have a couple of small issues (issuettes?) but it builds and builds in a fantastic way.

There's some funny moments like
those three dogs staring at Trask...not sure why that was there but I liked it

I found some of the things mentioned in the reviews I have read to be bizarrely opposite to my own experience. I didn't find the plot or the time travel to be 'over complicated' at all - they did their best to make it simple - and I didn't find any movement between past or present to be confusing. Quicksilver doesn't just 'disappear' as one critic said. I wasn't constantly wondering 'where is Rogue, why isn't she having a major role'. Nor did I think McKellen to be 'under-utilised'. Also, despite what other critics said, I thought the 70s setting was very authentic and captured the vibe of the era.

From a personal perspective, I always want more Storm but what we got was fine.

I'd give it 4/5 (or 8/10 if that's your measure). I could be pushed to a 9/10, but i will consider that after a second viewing!

Shame the post-credits scene really is right at the end of the credits! What a wait!

:up:

Those who get "lost" confuse me. Reminds me of Inception reviews. I find both plots pretty straightforward yet it seems to be too much for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"