Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - Part 48

I was just pointing out how many DOFP voters didn't comment on why they preferred it, while being satirical. Most people there seemed to enjoy both films, there just seems to be a discrepancy

My bad if my post came off as attacking you.

Yes that's true but you yourself are attacking sullstar based on their own opinion of that thread. A tad bit of a contradiction there TeeKay.

I didn't mean to come off as contradictory there. I didn't mean to attack him, and if I did, I apologize.

That thread however is very peaceful. There isn't any arguing everyone is just stating their preferred movie. Most people have appreciated both and just say which they prefer and why. It's actually very civil lol.

That's true lol. I dare you to go to the TDKR vs AoU thread.:sly: Some of the folks are at each others throats over there. No casualties yet though.:hehe:

Last edited:
I didn't mean to come off as contradictory there. I didn't mean to attack him, and if I did, I apologize.

It's alright I didn't feel attacked, you're usually one of the more reasonable commenters who argues both sides.

You were just pointing out the other side of my comment, which I guess if in that thread could've been seen as trying to cause a reaction

All good TeeKay. :D I shouldn't have used the word attacking. That was a bit aggressive on my part. sorry :)

Yeah I saw that thread and I was like ummmm I'm not getting in on this one lol.

Last edited:
That guy always gave me sarcastic posts in Fantastic Four like I did something to him lol. So don't be surprised if you get a reaction from him.

adbf0d18a2d4.png

Is that picture supposed to be from the Rogue cut?

Say what you want, but Halle really looks like Storm.

Patrick Stewart looks Asian sometimes hahaha

^^^LOL

That *set* always looked like a set to me. Hope, with the new Production Designer, they stray away from that. Though the LOTR films tended to have those same problems too.

^^^LOL

That *set* always looked like a set to me. Hope, with the new Production Designer, they stray away from that. Though the LOTR films tended to have those same problems too.
I agree that was one thing about the future scenes I disliked. That you could tell they were just on a set. Sadly the X-Men films have always felt like that except for First Class. And I'm thinking so far it's still going in that direction with Apocalypse. I wish they'd film more out and about because it opens it up a lot.

Yeah Bryan does like his Green screen stuff and i dunno if thats a shame or not

but it is such a surreal place. I don't think you can actually make it look not like a set. Even shooting it on a "real" location would look surreal in my eyes...

I agree that was one thing about the future scenes I disliked. That you could tell they were just on a set. Sadly the X-Men films have always felt like that except for First Class. And I'm thinking so far it's still going in that direction with Apocalypse. I wish they'd film more out and about because it opens it up a lot.

Second this completely. Would love for more on location shooting for the X-Men movies. I don't want to start comparisons or anything but Avengers does a quite a bit of location shoots and the movies do benefit. The only scenes that look like their on a set are the ones when they're on a jet. The rest look pretty decent.

I think she does too! In fact I think DOFP is her best performance as Storm so far. She didn't get a lot of lines but her demeanour and her presence exuded Storm.

I disagree about First Class. The CIA scenes, Submarine, all felt like they were all happening on a studio lot somewhere.

I disagree about First Class. The CIA scenes, Submarine, all felt like they were all happening on a studio lot somewhere.

Agreed. The wolverine was pretty good though. Haven't watched it in a while but I don't remember many scenes that looked like they were on a set.

Yeah, I love the fact they really did shoot some scenes in Japan. It's quite noticeable how authentic it looks.

In pictures, the scenes at the temple do look quite stage-like, but I think on screen it worked quite well. Let's hope for more real locations in XA.

Pretty much all of Wolverine was shot in Sydney actually. They did a good job with Wolverine. Didn't for one second think it wasn't in Japan although being from Sydney I knew places they filmed at so I was like hey I know those streets lol.

damn! why don't we have at least one cool scene of all of them together fighting a Sentinel as a team...?!?! that is very unfortunate.

That would have been nice but they would have died. With the exception of Storm the A list team got to save face by not fighting the Sentinels directly. They can appear again in future films without questions "How did so and so beat Apocalypse but lose to a Sentinel so bad".

That would have been nice but they would have died. With the exception of Storm the A list team got to save face by not fighting the Sentinels directly. They can appear again in future films without questions "How did so and so beat Apocalypse but lose to a Sentinel so bad".

Agree. When the film came out, I was reading comments where people were complaining about why Wolverine didn't fight one of the Sentinels.

I'm sitting here like, "Because they're incredibly OP killing machines and he'd get slaughtered."

She really does.

Agree. When the film came out, I was reading comments where people were complaining about why Wolverine didn't fight one of the Sentinels.

I'm sitting here like, "Because they're incredibly OP killing machines and he'd get slaughtered."

To some extent, that's true, but it would would have highlighted how desperate things had become if Wolverine, Storm, Magneto and Xavier had been confronted by Sentinels at the start of the movie, and then escaped by a whisker and realised time travel was the only option.

Of course, Halle had limited availability.

But nonetheless, it would (in my view) had been a better start for the movie than focusing on a bunch of unknown characters right after hearing Xavier's voiceover. Wolverine could have sliced a few Sentinels' limbs off, maybe even cut one in half. Magneto could have used metal girders to impale some Sentinels and Storm could have whirled them all away with a tornado. They would have fled, battered, bleeding and bruised, and said their only hope was to find Kitty.

Storm: 'We've got to find Kitty, she's our only chance at ending this'
Wolverine: 'How's she going to help? She walks through walls.'
Xavier: 'I think you'll find she's evolved since then'
Magneto: 'Have you found her Charles? I don't think we're going to withstand another attack like that'.
Xavier (on Cerebro): 'There she is'

Then cut to the Kitty/Bishop/Sunspot/Warpath sequence. And maybe tweak the final future battle a little.

Halle had a very stringent schedule due to being Preggo but the others I could see for sure having more action in the future and it always baffled me that the mutant that probably is the most iconically known for battling future Sentinels (Wolvie) never got the opportunity.

To some extent, that's true, but it would would have highlighted how desperate things had become if Wolverine, Storm, Magneto and Xavier had been confronted by Sentinels at the start of the movie, and then escaped by a whisker and realised time travel was the only option.

Of course, Halle had limited availability.

But nonetheless, it would (in my view) had been a better start for the movie than focusing on a bunch of unknown characters right after hearing Xavier's voiceover. Wolverine could have sliced a few Sentinels' limbs off, maybe even cut one in half. Magneto could have used metal girders to impale some Sentinels and Storm could have whirled them all away with a tornado. They would have fled, battered, bleeding and bruised, and said their only hope was to find Kitty.

Storm: 'We've got to find Kitty, she's our only chance at ending this'
Wolverine: 'How's she going to help? She walks through walls.'
Xavier: 'I think you'll find she's evolved since then'
Magneto: 'Have you found her Charles? I don't think we're going to withstand another attack like that'.
Xavier (on Cerebro): 'There she is'

Then cut to the Kitty/Bishop/Sunspot/Warpath sequence. And maybe tweak the final future battle a little.

I mean I would have loved to have seen Wolverine fight the future Sentinels. A death scene like the comics would have been perfect. I do however understand why they chose not to go that route. Despite the opening battle not having the "A Listers", it's still one of my favorite parts of the film.

Again I think they wanted to avoid having Wolverine, Xavier, or Magneto die. One of the reasons I loved the comic was for the fact that our heroes died giving it their all. From the reactions from some viewers that "Colossus got punked" or "Sunspot was weak", I feel like more popular characters getting smashed would not have been well received.

Also escape should be impossible. That's why Kitty's group had to bite the bullet and resurrect themselves via time travel. And it was not all unknowns in the intro. We knew Bobby and Kitty. Colossus possibly familiar as well.

I would have liked to have seen a little more from the final battle.

Magneto and Storm got taken out right after using the X-Jet as a weapon. I mean couldn't have Magneto done his part behind some kind of barricade? He left the battle because he was injured by shrapnel. Storm had limited time apparently but couldn't they have filmed 1 scene where she shoots some lighting at a Sentinel? Then we have Iceman held up in the temple. We know the real reason he's there is because his death was supposed to happen earlier in the film but it still seems odd the way it was handled. It still seems like they could have filmed him outside facing off against CGI villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"