Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never doubted that Vaughn had written a majority of the movie. He was was too involved in the script and pre-production of the movie that it would have been impossible for it not to have been a very large percentage of his own work.

Vaughn didn't receive screenplay credit. He was referring to the story treatment. That's what remained mostly the same.

He devolped story with Kinberg and Kinberg wrote script

There Is bound to be those online who will now say Vaughn deserves the credit
for DOFP not Singer.

I think if you were critical of future sentinle design you would have hated Vaughn's design ideas.

Replacing juggernaut with quicksilver we already knew was Singer's idea.And kinberg had already hinted at those in Future scenes were Influx during writing.

Yes, it must be the story treatment Vaughn is referring to.

I don't believe that Vaughn would have written a script that killed off Angel Salvadore, Emma Frost, Azazel, Banshee and Riptide - all characters he introduced himself.

It's always seemed like there is another movie between First Class and the 1973 of DoFP that followed on more directly from the ending.

It's not even opinion, it's fact that Kinberg was the sole writer per his sole screenplay credit. A writer has to contribute at minimum 33% of a script to receive screenplay credit (50% for an original screenplay). The WGA is very strict about this.

It's not even opinion, it's fact that Kinberg was the sole writer per his sole screenplay credit. A writer has to contribute at minimum 33% of a script to receive screenplay credit (50% for an original screenplay). The WGA is very strict about this.
Who is arguing this? LOL.

Yes, it must be the story treatment Vaughn is referring to.

I don't believe that Vaughn would have written a script that killed off Angel Salvadore, Emma Frost, Azazel, Banshee and Riptide - all characters he introduced himself.

It's always seemed like there is another movie between First Class and the 1973 of DoFP that followed on more directly from the ending.

Kinberg claimed he and vaughn made that decsion when they devolped story for DOFP for the characters from first class besides xavier,magneto,mystique,beast to be dead or get killed off In DOFP.In kinberg draft prior to Singer taking over Havok was taken after mystique left the camp and he and azarel were killed in test of sentinles.

I wonder what happened to future Mystique?

A friend brought this up when he saw the film recently. The film almost implies she was killed in the past ('they tortured her, experimented on her' and then Trask himself saying he needed brain tissue)...but the future was set after X3, when she was alive but cured and with the government. I felt a little like the movie should have addressed it - she'd have been the ideal person to go back and stop herself doing what she did!

When I watched it last week that also went through my mind. That part was a bit unclear.

I wonder what happened to future Mystique?

A friend brought this up when he saw the film recently. The film almost implies she was killed in the past ('they tortured her, experimented on her' and then Trask himself saying he needed brain tissue)...but the future was set after X3, when she was alive but cured and with the government. I felt a little like the movie should have addressed it - she'd have been the ideal person to go back and stop herself doing what she did!

I always felt they torture her and experimented on her was to hint how jennifer lawrence would have become Rebecca Romijn.

A case can be made apart from using Ellen Page and Kelsey Grammer and paying tribute to last stand by including wolverine killing dark Phoenix In wolverine's memory montage they didn't want to spend much time connecting DOFP with last stand.

It can be assumed mystique regained her powers and was killed at some point.There has been no report of them ever considering to use Mystique in future with sentinles.at one point she was going to at end go with Xavier and beast at end of 1973 and be teaching class with beast when wolverine woke up in new future.Thankfully Singer came onboard and that was changed to what was in final film.

i don't think you need to have every character explained where they are, i mean she isn't there so we can assume there is a reason for that and go alomg with who we have on screen

Last edited:
That's not the part that's confusing. It's the fact that it's implied that Raven is killed in the 70's by Trask for the Sentinel project in the original timeline. At least it's worded and represented that way.

That's not the part that's confusing. It's the fact that it's implied that Raven is killed in the 70's by Trask for the Sentinel project in the original timeline. At least it's worded and represented that way.
I never got that implication. She's in the OT... it's safe to assume she and Magneto both escaped their "prisons."

Vaughn fans SMH :p

I'm a fan of facts. You finally admitted Kinsberg got screenplay credit, Vaughn got story credit, and now you're back to saying everything was all Singer? Just being immature about it at this point.

Isn't this the same guy who said him and Goldman rewrote everything about FC from the previous draft? LOL

“My god if I don’t make a fun spy movie right now, somebody else’s going to do it.” And I think there’s five coming out next year now. So we’re going to be the first of it not the last."

Hehe This makes it sound like he invented the Spy movie genre. Oh Vaughn.

I never got that implication. She's in the OT... it's safe to assume she and Magneto both escaped their "prisons."

Yeah I always thought it was her torture/experimentation that turned her into OT Mystique and not the act of shooting Trask that DOFP wants us to believe. I assumed she was tortured but managed to escape and being subjected to everything Magneto said would happen to mutants was what pushed her to fully devote herself to his cause (perhaps even being the one to originally break him from the Pentagon like she did in X2? Idk just a thought). I think it makes more sense explaining her transformation from insecure FC Raven to cold, loyal killer OT Mystique.

I'm a fan of facts. You finally admitted Kinsberg got screenplay credit, Vaughn got story credit, and now you're back to saying everything was all Singer? Just being immature about it at this point.

The movie was great because of Singer. That is fact.

That last time we discussed this, you made an absurd claim and gave Vaughn full credit for this films success. Vaughn co-wrote a story treatment with Kinberg. That was the extent of his involvement.

Do you really want to continue this?

Some didn't want to give Singer credit for FC since that was his story.

Singer deserves some credit for DOFP since he had to put pressure on Kinberg to write better script than some of his other scripts:woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"