Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It better be his biggest movie yet, with the crazy and ever expanding cast!!!

While "longer movie" doesn't equal "better movie", this film BETTER be longer than every other X-Men film that's been made.

And I mean, we as audience members don't get bored by longer movies if they're still good!

Looks like wolvies hair will be longer in this one just when i started liking his hair in The Wolverine

It better be his biggest movie yet, with the crazy and ever expanding cast!!!

While "longer movie" doesn't equal "better movie", this film BETTER be longer than every other X-Men film that's been made.

And I mean, we as audience members don't get bored by longer movies if they're still good!

When I watched First Class, I enjoyed it so much that I wanted more!

And this is gonna be the 1st film with the original cast in 8 years, so it has to be the longest and I hope they will be able to give all of the characters their shining moment and character development.

I believe if X3 was longer and if they gave Rogue, Angel, Colossus, more character development and the fight scenes weren't very short, the movie would have been better.

Last edited:

And this is gonna be the 1st film with the original cast in 8 years, so it has to be the longest and I hope they will be able to give all of the characters their shining moment and character development.

I believe if X3 was longer and if they gave Rogue, Angel, Colossus, more character development and the fight scenes weren't very short, the movie would have been better.

The funny with with X3 is that they HAD some really good stuff going on with the fight sequences in the deleted scenes.

Why they would REMOVE a whopping minute in the Jean Grey scene that actually showed Wolvie and Storm kicking ass is beyond me. In the final cut, the scene makes it look like they get their asses handed to them.

Then again in the final battle, there's a total of probably NO MORE THAN TWO minutes of great moments with Colossus, Iceman, Beast, and Storm, and for no real reason that I can fathom, they cut them.

Now there's not much that can be said to save the STORY and the character development, but those moments would've definitely helped the film.

The funny with with X3 is that they HAD some really good stuff going on with the fight sequences in the deleted scenes.

Why they would REMOVE a whopping minute in the Jean Grey scene that actually showed Wolvie and Storm kicking ass is beyond me. In the final cut, the scene makes it look like they get their asses handed to them.

Then again in the final battle, there's a total of probably NO MORE THAN TWO minutes of great moments with Colossus, Iceman, Beast, and Storm, and for no real reason that I can fathom, they cut them.

Now there's not much that can be said to save the STORY and the character development, but those moments would've definitely helped the film.

The 1 deleted scene that I found really cool was Iceman freezing Phat and Colossus slamming Phat's body into pieces. Though I can understand why they edited it out.

I just think most of the fight scenes were badly executed and the way the villlains were beaten were just not good.
-Juggernaut slamming his head over a wall.
-Iceman knocking Pyro's head, their fight scene lasted for like 2 minutes!
-Magneto literally just stood there at Alcatraz waving his hands, if it was me, I would have given Beast and Wolverine a harder time.
-Arclight, Omega Kid, Psylocke not being useful to fight scenes.
-Multiple Man's last scene.
-etc....

I felt First Class moved around too much from country to country, location to location. I felt Vaughn needed a tighter script. Even the juxtaposition between the Russian side and the American side during the Cuban Missile crisis felt amateurish.

Thank god we don't have to worry about that with Bryan. Let's hope though that if they do decide to alternate with future and past scenes that in DOFP that Singer does it with enough finesse. :jedi

I felt First Class moved around too much from country to country, location to location. I felt Vaughn needed a tighter script. Even the juxtaposition between the Russian side and the American side during the Cuban Missile crisis felt amateurish.

Thank god we don't have to worry about that with Bryan. Let's hope though that if they do decide to alternate with future and past scenes that in DOFP that Singer does it with enough finesse. :jedi

Yeah but with First Class, I was very confident with their writers. With DOFP, not really, I have my doubts about Simon Kinberg. I don't trust him at all.

They didn't need Colossus, Kitty, or Angel at all in that movie. They should have just developed the already established characters. They should have focused on Cyclops and Wolverine dealing with the loss of Jean and overcoming their differences. Storm should have been the glue that kept the X-Men from falling apart. Rogue should have finished her arc about acceptance and maybe even getting over her insecurities and becoming the sassy Rogue we all know and love. They gave Bobby a confrontation with Pyro, but the way they did it was so unengaging because Pyro came off as a one-dimensional baddie and we didn't care about him at all. They did Beast fine I guess since he was just being introduced in the final movie, he really didn't need to be front and center.

But yeah, if they would have kept that in the movie it would have at least been passable. I wouldn't even mind if Charles would be killed then. Leaving a dysfunctional team without a voice of guidance would have really raised the stakes. They tried to play that off in X3, but it's obvious that they just killed him off because they didn't know how to make use of him.

Because of X2, I felt like including Colossus in the cast of X3 was necessary but the writers of X3 just didn't know how to give him a story.

Colossus and Kitty were just cameos though. They could have included them, but putting them in front of Cyclops and Rogue? Absolutely not.

Yeah but with First Class, I was very confident with their writers. With DOFP, not really, I have my doubts about Simon Kinberg. I don't trust him at all.

Wasn't Kinberg one of the initial writers for First Class?

I think you're giving yourself unnecessary worry about Simon for DOFP. After all I trust that Singer will veto anything he views as less than his standards from SK :oldrazz:

Wasn't Kinberg one of the initial writers for First Class? I think you're giving yourself unnecessary worry about Simon for DOFP. After all I trust that Singer will veto anything he views as less than his standards from SK :oldrazz:

He was the script doctor and he was the one who wrote the scene where Emma was easily beaten by Magneto/Prof X! That scene was just disappointing, especially it was her last scene before she was sent to prison. She was in diamond form, shhe knocked Magneto out of the yacht/submarine, and to just be cornered by Magneto/Professor X like that. Ughhh! It was really lazy.

After all I trust that Singer will veto anything he views as less than his standards from SK :oldrazz:

I kinda worry about Singer's standards considering his record as a director in the last 10 years.

Hopefully he can bring it on with DoFP, but after The Hobbit I'm extra cautious about the directors coming back to the franchise they rocked at after a stretch of so-so films.

What I really like about X3 was the cure storyline. I like the idea because it made me think about what it be like in real life....maybe it would cure you if you were homosexual, different skin colour, you have a disability....

I didn't mind angel, Im liking the idea of guest mutants, so night crawler is now x2, sabertooth and toad x1.

The biggest problem, is the development of characters. Even poor of famke was left on limbo for the second act as she just followed magneto around. I think paquin a little more would have been good. Maybe have a scene with leech and see what he actually thinks about the programme.

I think pre production was relatively doomed. Marsden attached to superman, paquin to margeret, 3 directors meant, they should of pushed it back to get a better treatment.

I still like x3 a few corrections in DOFP could make it a better movie!

This will never happen but - in my wildest dreams - I'd love to see new cuts of all the X-Men movies, maybe with Bryan Singer re-editing them all (even the ones he didn't direct) and incorporating some of the deleted material, tweaking things here and there. They could be released in a new box set with The Wolverine and DoFP, giving us reason to buy yet another box set!

Yep, will never happen, but doesn't stop it being a dream.

I'd best compare it to, star trek generations(an ironically another Patrick Stewart movie lol)...

was that considered an original Star Trek movie, or a Next Generation? or a mix of both

This will never happen but - in my wildest dreams - I'd love to see new cuts of all the X-Men movies, maybe with Bryan Singer re-editing them all (even the ones he didn't direct) and incorporating some of the deleted material, tweaking things here and there. They could be released in a new box set with The Wolverine and DoFP, giving us reason to buy yet another box set!

Yep, will never happen, but doesn't stop it being a dream.

Definitely would never happen.

I have always been interested in a director's cut for the first film particularly. Wasn't there supposed to be quite a lot of footage that never materialised? There were a couple of beats in the deleted footage we did see that I'd like to see reinstated, namely the extended first conversations between Logan/Jean and Logan/Cyclops. There was very interesting character moments in both.

If I was to revisit it, I'd go ahead and remove the reference to Charles meeting Eric at 17 for continuity, and re-structure that awful "What happens to a toad.." line to be delivered as it was intended.

its like half sequel to X4 and first class, but singer says he doesnt feel its a sequel just its own thing

Do you mean X3? If so, I like that the movie will tie together threads from the prequel and the old trilogy.

Maybe we'll get set pics?

I'd best compare it to, star trek generations(an ironically another Patrick Stewart movie lol)...

was that considered an original Star Trek movie, or a Next Generation? or a mix of both

Generations was far more TNG than original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"