Daywalker films:The Blade thread

I didn't watch III until last a couple days ago ($10 at BBY this week), and I think it's a near-fact that it wasn't as good as II was. It was even more dissapointing to hear Goyer mention that he originally thought to set the movie in the future. Why the heck didn't he?? At least it would have been different from the current movies. I also think adding humor was a mistake - there's no need to try to reach a whole new audience in the third installment of a series. The third movie should appeal mostly to people who loved the first two.

adamcz said:
I didn't watch III until last a couple days ago ($10 at BBY this week), and I think it's a near-fact that it wasn't as good as II was. It was even more dissapointing to hear Goyer mention that he originally thought to set the movie in the future. Why the heck didn't he?? At least it would have been different from the current movies. I also think adding humor was a mistake - there's no need to try to reach a whole new audience in the third installment of a series. The third movie should appeal mostly to people who loved the first two.

Exactly right. I enjoyed the humour first time around, but it just gets continually annoying the more you watch the movie. And whats with the fight scene's taking a huge step down from 1 and especially 2? The more i watch Trinity, the more i get the feeling that they just didnt try at all. Yes i will continue to watch the movie, because it has Blade in it and a few cool moments.

I felt the cool moments outweighed the lame ones. A lot of Hannibal's remarks I could've done without, though.

Chris Wallace said:
I felt the cool moments outweighed the lame ones. A lot of Hannibal's remarks I could've done without, though.

I like Ryan Reynolds, but he was out of place in that movie, Jessica Biel is hot but she added nothing at all to the movie (except the shower scene.)
Goyer is a sh--ty director and NewLine should have just scrapped the whole thing.

I dont think they should have scrapped it but they should have made better decisions during the production process, surely they got regualr updates on the movie, could they not see that it was going wrong?

Chris Wallace said:

:up: Drake-ula aside, I like Blade Trin. It's the worst of the series, but it's solid.

I just get angry watching it sometimes considering how good it COULD have been.

Trinity is the worst out of 3. The first 15 minutes is good but goes down from there. I haven't watched the movie since I bought the DVD. The comedy aspects were way out of place and just really messed up the flow of the series. I like Blade 2 the best then Blade 1.

BDOUBLEO said:
Trinity is the worst out of 3. The first 15 minutes is good but goes down from there. I haven't watched the movie since I bought the DVD. The comedy aspects were way out of place and just really messed up the flow of the series. I like Blade 2 the best then Blade 1.

Agreed. The opening sequunce where Blade walks outta the warehouse after ashing a few vamps in 'slo-mo' was kickass! But after Blade accidently killed that human the story went down hill from there. Watching Reynolds and Biel trying to fight as well as Snipes does was, well, laughable. You can tell when a person is a 'rea'l Martial Artist as Snipes is, as his body movements look fluid and natural, theirs looked forced and rehearsed....like how they do on 'Buffy'..:down

Guys..this movies really pisses me off, whenever i think about how good it could've been. Why the **** did Goyer add this ridiculously outta place commentary to the opening by Hannibal king:

"In the movies, Dracula wears a cape, and some old English guy manages to save the day at the last moment with crosses and holy water. But everyone knows the movies are full of s***.......??

Were Goyer and Reynold lovers or some **** and Goyer was trying to give Reynold career a push? This is a Blade movie....god i could rant on, and on about this for days..but it'll do no good-the damage is done..:(

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Agreed. The opening sequunce where Blade walks outta the warehouse after ashing a few vamps in 'slo-mo' was kickass! But after Blade accidently killed that human the story went down hill from there. Watching Reynolds and Biel trying to fight as well as Snipes does was, well, laughable. You can tell when a person is a 'rea'l Martial Artist as Snipes is, as his body movements look fluid and natural, theirs looked forced and rehearsed....like how they do on 'Buffy'..:down

Guys..this movies really pisses me off, whenever i think about how good it could've been. Why the **** did Goyer add this ridiculously outta place commentary to the opening by Hannibal king:

"In the movies, Dracula wears a cape, and some old English guy manages to save the day at the last moment with crosses and holy water. But everyone knows the movies are full of s***.......??

Were Goyer and Reynold lovers or some **** and Goyer was trying to give Reynold career a push? This is a Blade movie....god i could rant on, and on about this for days..but it'll do no good-the damage is done..:(

I hear ya, that right there let me know when I saw Blade3 that it was a lost cause. Who gives a rats ass about Hannibal King!

Plus it was plain to see that Reynolds and Biel where unable to make themselves appear as believable fighters.

I completely agree with both of you guys, 3rd should of been the best, was the opposite.

I just finish watching Blade 2 and i came to realise that the chemisrty between Whistler, Scud and Blade is what made the movie awesome. Some of the greatest dialogue came from Whistler and Scuds wise cracks towards each other, and they were funny because...they weren't trying to be funny-they were dead serious! Reynolds was trying too hard to be funny and that's why his wise cracks didn't work imo....

Very true Goglo, I also loved Whistler's interactions with Reinhardt and Chupa, they were very funny also, i especially loved it when Whistler called Reinhardt a "****ing nipple head."

I think Goyer was someone embarassed to include Dracula and had to try and make him hip and cool and different from the traditional red-caped, neatly groomed gentleman with fangs. Shame really, because that's exactly what Dracula in The Tomb of Dracula IS like, and that is one of the, if not the, best portrayal of Dracula outside Stoker's novel.

Trinity just plain blew chunks. The first 15 minutes or so were cool. I liked some of the ideas like Jessica's character could have been cool but Ryan was out of place.

Blade 2 also had the best commentary i've heard on any dvd. The one between Snipes and Goyer, and the one with Frankfurt and Guilliomo (can't spell the name)-were almost as awesome as the movie itself!

Oh, Whistlers BEST line in the entire movie is on a deleted scene in the extras section:
"Never underestimate the power of the pu$$y. One hair off that thing can drag a frieght train up a three mile grade!"

Lol, yes i remember that line, it is from the extended scene of the 'keep your friends close........' isnt it?

^Yep!:up: Poetry at it's best! LOL!

What did everyone think about the awesome:rolleyes: Trinity alternate ending? You know the one with the Werewolf....as if i have to ask!:p

What did everyone think about the awesome:rolleyes: Trinity alternate ending? You know the one with the Werewolf....as if i have to ask!:p

I found it hilariously stupid and shows how low Goyer has fallen. A 'rock a billy' werewolf? :down

And thats saying something chamber, i'm fine with goyers writing, hell the Trinity script was great, it just his exectution that is the big problem, and boy is it a big problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"