Daywalker films:The Blade thread

BDOUBLEO said:
New Line scrapped it from coming out after B: Trinity did sh!!tty at the US box office. On the actual soundtrack they have that track on there. I think its towards the end. They have some instrumental tracks on the soundtrack ash well.

Thanks, i'm listening to it right now. The track i was referring to where Blade makes his entrance in Trinity is 'Blade's Back'-it rocks!

Why Blade Trinity Sucks?

Because David Goyer was hired by Warner/Dc to destroy Blade Franchise, That´s All.:down:down:down

^Sounds like their plan worked.

At least we got two great movies out of the franchise, so it isnt all bad guys and gals.

But how could they sink so low with the last one? They already knew what worked, so why try to make a Blade/comedy movie..? The budget for Trinity was more than the other two, but did it look that way? Sure didn't to me.

The original idea for the vampire apocalypse would have been a perfect way to end an awesome franchise but instead of taking a step forward, the studio took a step back-in the quality we had grown accustomed too.

They already did the Blade teams up with thing in number 2, so why repeat that formula again...? It really saddens me what this franchise could have been, and what it became...but ultimately the damage is done. I hope the studio learns from it's mistake aboput trying to make a spin-off (Nightstalkers) movie by side-lining the main character (we paid to see Blade, in all 3 of those movies and nothing else). That's the same **** that happened to Bond with Jinx; they tried to make her his equal so they could give her her own spin-off movie and you see how Die Another Day turned out. You'd think they would have learned from that....

Now, it's not that I didn't like the storyline of Trinity, I just thought it was poorly executed. I loved the idea of the feds investigating Blade and the vampire nation influencing the media to go after him. I think if Goyer had really sat down and thought about it, he could have made it work, instead of turning it into an afterthought. The team-up concept of Blade 2 was reliant on the vampires needing Blade's help. I liked the idea of Blade reluctantly needing help from the Nightstalkers in Trinity, but again, it's just poorly executed. Furthermore, I think it would have been interesting to see Blade interacting with someone from the media or the feds who might not think he's a crazy psycho like everyone else. Basically, Blade Trinity could have focused on Blade really having to deal with the real world, all the while, having to contend with Dracula. I think if a few things were tweaked here and there (in addition to replacing Somerfield with Karen Jensen) there could have been a well-rounded group of supporting characters, but it would always come back to Blade, and his battle, his struggle.

Yeah, the original shooting script for BT is actually a lot better than the movie, the execution is he problem.

You know what I hate? How movies like Underworld have totally stolen Blade's tone and ideas, while Blade Trinity sucked balls.

I mean even copycat franchises are doing better than the Blade franchise and now they got this 'Ultra Violet' film with Mila Jovich that is a total rip-off of Blade it looks good, but damn it! Blade deserved so much better.

David Goyer should've written the vampire apocalypse story arc for the third film and Alex Proyas should've been hired to direct. THAT would've made for a great ending to the franchise, and the new TV show could've concentrated on Blade's earlier years instead of trying to make up for what Blade Trinity amounted to.

Even the vampire apocalypse idea would not have worked though, as it is set years in the future, and in the first one Whistler clearly stated that Blade ages like a human, so Blade would too old to fight anyone.

^ Later on it was revealed that Blade is not Immortal, but ages much slower than normal.

deemar325 said:
^ Later on it was revealed that Blade is not Immortal, but ages much slower than normal.

What movie was that?

BladeII and implied that he might just be immortal in Trinity

^What part of Blade 2? I heard he ages like a human, but have also heard what you said, but can't remember where i heard it? In the Trinity commentary Goyer (as if his words means quat now) said Blade is immortal...

deemar325 said:

Err, this wasnt in any of the movies, were did you get this?

in the dvd of BT Goyer says he wanted to set the film 50 years in the future because both Blade and the Vampires are immortal so they wont age

Yes well Goyer wrote in the first film that Blade ages like a human, meaning he would be about 90 years old, 50 years in the future.

It would have just been a glaring contradiction on Goyer's part to have the apacolypse idea come to fruition for the third film. Mind you, Trinity was still flooded with contradictions anyway. Like I said, Goyer did a piss-poor job of acknowledging the continuity HE CREATED!!

I know, how hard is it to sit down and watch the first two movies, a few times to make sure that you dont **** up on continuity, sure he was busy with BB as well, but when directing a sequel made by other directors this is essential.

I checked out the link and the premise (even though secret) sounds like it could be awesome and controversial, on the level of 'Da vinci code controversial'. I would love to see Snipes in this flick...

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
I checked out the link and the premise (even though secret) sounds like it could be awesome and controversial, on the level of 'Da vinci code controversial'. I would love to see Snipes in this flick...

I agree if done right it could definitely give Snipes a chance to shine once again but I don't think Snipes really wants to do action movies anymore but I guess if their is enough drama in the movie it could persuad him to do it or that sexy asian girl can, lol. I also just read from that the movie "Chaos" staring Jason Statham, Ryan Phillippe and Snipes is supposed to be good in the movie. I heard Snipes really did a good job on the film even though it's only a supporting role.

Check the quote http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402910/board/nest/37105344

To all,

I share in your desire to see this film and get it in the theaters. The film is very good. I think audiences will really like it. I worked for the company that made the movie but have recently left because of the insanity that it is. I am not the only one that has left in recent months.

CHAOS has been picked up by a studio and they had a tentative release date in March 2006, but the money for the advertising campaign (which was supposed to be provided by the financier) was not ready.

You are right when you say this has been the worst treatment of a film ever. The cast & crew worked very hard on the picture. Also, the studio is not to blame either. They will hopefully be its savior.

The mess up that is the release of this film has nothing to do with the quality of the picture or the studio but about the financing company. Plain and simple. It started during shooting and hasn't stopped. If you check out some of the other films by Mobius on the IMDB, you will find a trail of films that have been done for a while (with great casts) that just haven't had the chance to see the light of day.

The film has been released in several places around the world already. Usually foreign territories wait for the US release before distributing, but even they couldn't wait this guy out. Especially with Jason Statham's star rising, it made sense to release it sooner than later. That is the reason for the confusion.

I suggest you write to David Bergstein c/o Mobius Entertainment 5890 West Jefferson Blvd LA, CA 90016 or call @ (310) 202-9500. Ask him when CHAOS will be released.

^. When is 'Chaos' due? Wesley has really been out of the lime lite lately. He really is 'The Man'.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
^. When is 'Chaos' due? Wesley has really been out of the lime lite lately. He really is 'The Man'.

I heard it was supposed to come in March 2006 but I think it got put on hold now. They already released the movie in parts of Europe and it doing pretty good from what I hear. I might have to write to Mobius Entertainment to see what the status of the movie here in the US but theres always a possibility that it could end up straight to video as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"