DBZ Raging Blast 2...well hell DBZ games in general

Alchemyst

July 2017
Reaction score
For the love of God, yet another DBZ game...seriously!?!?! How much further can they drag it out, there is only so many What If moments you can do, this time they're boasting that it now has 90 characters, which means there are prolly 50 characters and 40 incarnations of the same character. No offense to anyone who likes DBZ games, but it seems like they're taking the Dynasty Warriors route.

the worst thing is the franchise has potential to make really good games, but they keep rehashing the same thing.

It has become rather annoying over the years. The potential is huge, yet they cheaply produce a new game once a year, instead of spending time and making an amazing quality game.

I remember I Got the first Budokai for Christmas 8 years ago.I got Budokai 2 and 3 the following years.Then I took a two year break and Tekaichi 3 when it came out.I got burst limit for 15 bucks.I was plannign on getting raging Blast at some point but we'll see I guess.

I haven't bought a DBZ game since Budoaki 3 which was the apex of DBZ gaming IMO. I enjoyed Burst Limit but haven't played any other games. I wish they'd make one more similar to Budokai 3 with great characters, battle damage areas as you fight, and battle damage attires. For me it would be the definitive DBZ game on the new generation of counsels and would be the format I'd play on for years an years to come like how I play Budokai 3 now. Although I know that will never happen I can dream

Budokai 3 was the best, and has yet to be topped.

Agreed.
It is the definitive DBZ game, for me.

This is exactly why I didn't buy the first game. Heck, I haven't even played it beside the demo. I might not even get this one because I know there'll be a 3rd.

I might get Tenkaichi for the PSP though. That looks fun. And it offers 2 Vs 2 combat.

[YT]hb3_KZJqAz4[/YT]

Damn I've always wanted 2 on 2 combat in the games.Depending on the roster I'll Definitely get that over the PS3 game.

Why is it that the PSP versions appear to be more fun than the console games? IMO, the Shin Budokai games are easily more fun than the regular Budokai console games. Heck, I was freaking disappointed when I played Burst Limit, knowing how awesome the gameplay on the PSP was.

Now Tenkaichi gets ported to the PSP and gets a feature that I wanted the series to have for years.

I think DBZ should go to the Vs series route....SNK vs DBZ or Capcom vs DBZ... something... we need something fresh cuz Burst Limit was crap and I've been told Raging Blasts wasn't any better... maybe they should change studios for a freesh tke on the series... I want to plat a fun, fresh game I can play over and over like SF4. Tastunkoko vs Capcom, Marvel Vs Capcom, Capcom vs Snk, Tekken 6.... just needs to be fresh not the same rehashed crap over and over... maybe it should go back to its fighting game roots and be a side scroll fighting game.

There was a versus game with One Piece and Naruto on the PS2. It was ok, some kind of Smash Bros. rip-off. Not something I'd want to see being done again though.

[YT]VLBqDx7gREw[/YT]

[YT]eTfRjciJEVY[/YT]

I'm fine with the games how they are. The only things they need to do is to actually add features that fans want, and not just into the handheld ports. And really use the power of the current consoles. With all that power and online play, I still don't understand why we don't have at least 3 vs 3 matches, with fully destructible and truly gigantic stages.

There was a versus game with One Piece and Naruto on the PS2. It was ok, some kind of Smash Bros. rip-off. Not something I'd want to see being done again though.

[YT]VLBqDx7gREw[/YT]

[YT]eTfRjciJEVY[/YT]

I'm fine with the games how they are. The only things they need to do is to actually add features that fans want, and not just into the handheld ports. And really use the power of the current consoles. With all that power and online play, I still don't understand why we don't have at least 3 vs 3 matches, with fully destructible and truly gigantic stages.
Yea I knew about Battle Stadium.... I don't think those character work with that type of fighter.....

But just those suggestions you've made right there id be down for :up:

So should I get Shin Budokai or Another road?Which has the better content and roster?

We need another game (only better) like Dragon Ball Z Sagas.

Anyone remember Zone of the Enders for PS2?

I'd love to see a DBZ game with similair mechanics and story mode.

Ever since I played the DBZ RPG on the GBA way back in the day I've wanted a console version. Surely they could mix the fighting mechanics of the Budokai series and combine it with a nice RPG formula...

So should I get Shin Budokai or Another road?Which has the better content and roster?

Another Road is the typical sequel. It's got a longer lasting Arcade Mode I think, and of course more characters.

I agree with pretty much everyone. DBZ does have potential, but they keep releasing the same games over and over, and then rinse and repeat the next gen. I've never been into the 2D fighter version. I do however enjoy the 3rd person ones (I even bought Raging Blast). It even makes sense for new games to come out considering DB Kai is airing in Japan, an MMO is about to come out, and no matter how awful it was a DB movie was released recently.

However they just blatantly milk the franchise. They release a 2D fighter with a limited roster, then a 3rd person one with a limited roster, then a new 2D one with a few more fighters, then a new 3rd person one with a few more, ect, ect. Would it kill them to shake things up, and release an RPG or 3rd person action adventure game. I've played 2 DBZ RPG's now (one I think was an NES game, and the other a GBA game), and both were fun.

DBZ is a franchise with a broad range of potential. The fast paced fighting, staying on Earth, going to other planets, to the afterlife, great characters, easy to insert new villains, and easy character progression. They just need to get their heads outta their asses and stop making the same two games. Hell, it wouldn't hurt to stop retelling the same story over and over again, and just make a new filler story with new villains.

So, is anyone getting Raging Blast 2? The TGS Trailer was actually pretty badass and got me into the mood for some DBZ again.

[YT]G_hIvomBDmU[/YT]

I skipped the first Raging Blast, but I plan on getting the sequel. Apparently some stuff from the last game got fixed. And I never knew, but supposedly you can listen to custom Tracks. If that's true, I'll be uploading a ton of Disturbed Music on my PS3. :awesome:

[YT]ffycZwb5C5Q[/YT]

Oh, and they are really scrapping the the bottom of the barrel for characters now. Who remembers who that is? I do, but do you?

Oh, and just for the hell of it, something I found on youtube. I always find these clips fun to watch. Made from gameplay cutscenes from the Budokai games.

[YT]s4yPw3NnknE[/YT]

Raging Blast 2 looks pretty good actually, I'm still sketchy about a few things but only time will tell if I'll get it. I wonder how many more games will come out before they finally include the farmer with the shotgun that has a power level of 5

Screw the farmer. This game needs a Tag-Team function. That's the only reason I might get Tenkaichi on the PSP. Hopefully we'll get that with Raging Blast 3.

I'll wait till I hear some details in english before I decide whether I'll buy the new DBZ game or not.

I may get it but there is a bunch of games I'm going to get first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"