DC Animated - Batman Under the Red Hood

That's funny. I literally just finished that comic last night and I woke up today to see this news. That's awesome!!!

My favorite Judd Winnick Batman story. <3

Anyone want to explain to me whats it about?

Anyone want to explain to me whats it about?

Batman: Under the Hood is a story with Jason Todd returning as the viscious Red Hood. The characters in the Graphical Novel are:
- Batman
- Alfred
- Nightwing
- Black Mask
- Jason Todd
- Joker (minor role)
- Mr. Freeze (minor role)

Personally this is my favorite Judd Winnick Batman story, and the way Joker is used (and his dialogue) is pretty awesome. The comic was drawn by Doug Mahnke so there gonna go with his style for the movie.

In short: Action packed with Dick Grayson and Jason Todd in it! :D

Thanks Drz, sounds good!

I know most people will want Conroy to do the voice, but I suspect that they will get someone different.

I suggest Michael T. Weiss from 'The Pretender'.

Last edited:
Enough with Conroy please. I love the guy, but he doesnt have to be Batman all the time.

Yes, but on the other hand, Mark Hamill has to be Joker. :woot:

Andrea Romano, trust in her! :D All her Joker voice actors have been great choices. While The Batman's Joker had a awful desing in my opinion. Kevin Michael Richardson did a great voice, but my personal favorite Joker voice excluding Hamill has to be Jeff Benneth, who surely can do a darker and nastier Joker voice if he wishes to. :)

Yeah, Kevin Michael Richardson was a good Joker.

When did Jeff Bennett do it?

Here's two previews, but as you can see he's a prankster clown of Silver Age crazyness. :D Jeff Bennet can do a very sinister voice for sure tho:

Tho i'd love if they can get Loren Lester to voice Dick Grayson again. <3

Damn was hoping (yet again) for a Flash DTV

This should be good though

interesting, i to would have liked if they gave flash or even aquaman their chance inbetween batman/jl films and all that. Also darn i didnt know hamill doesnt want to do joker many more. That sucks.

I actually look forward to having a batman animation without Hamill and Conroy! Yeah, they were great, but I'm ready for some new voices!

I hope the animation looks good! Mahnke has a very gritty style, so if they can't directly translate his art, I hope they at least keep the level of grittiness.

If they do go for some sort of translation of Mahnke's art, I hope they are more successful than they were with Public Enemies' "translation" of McGuiness' art. That was a travesty. There's definitely an opprotunity to make something that looks really sick if they can balance a similarity to the comic's look with a nice fluidity of animation and some great use of shadows.

I actually look forward to having a batman animation without Hamill and Conroy! Yeah, they were great, but I'm ready for some new voices!

I hope the animation looks good! Mahnke has a very gritty style, so if they can't directly translate his art, I hope they at least keep the level of grittiness.

If they do go for some sort of translation of Mahnke's art, I hope they are more successful than they were with Public Enemies' "translation" of McGuiness' art. That was a travesty. There's definitely an opprotunity to make something that looks really sick if they can balance a similarity to the comic's look with a nice fluidity of animation and some great use of shadows.

:whatever:

That sounds great and i am a Batman fan, but I would like to see a Flash animated movie. it needs to be done DC is basically according to recent interviews the top 5 are Superman, batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and The Flash.

The Flash is going to happen eventually guys.

yea maybe he could be next up after red hood dtv? Plus more likely if its announced officially any time soon that the live action flash film has serious movement with director on board and etc.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"