DC Characters on a Marvel Power Grid?

Now I have an image of Superman floating around upside down and spraying ice cold air onto people's pant legs.

Just like thought.The replies below explain what i was thinking and said
This goes for any powergrid Dc and marvel,of course DC DOES NOT HAVE A OFFICIAL POWER GRID AND THE ONES ON THE WEB ARE FAN BASED AND NOT CORRECT.

ANY POWER GRID THAT HAS JOHN STEWART OR HAL JORDAN IN OVERALL POWER RANKING LOWER THEN IRONMAN,WONDER WOMAN,THE JOKER ETC IS FULL OF NON-SENSE

SUPERBOY PRIME IN OVERALL POWER IS LOWER THEN SUPERMAN IN THE UNOFFICAL FAN BASE ,AND WE KNOW THAT'S FULL OF NON-SENSE TOO.There are more examples of THIS TYPE OF non-SENSE BUT YOU GET POINT.

Andrew T
quote-
Those grids are completely bunk. Peter can't project energy at all. Most of them seem to be random. Check out Gambit. He's on par with guys like Silver Surfer and Thor.

If you want to get some inkling as to where characters stand as far as "stats" go one of the encyclopedias would be a better option. Wikipedia isn't bad either. Even then, you'd be better off still by going strictly by what the characters have done in the books.

I this got from another website has well.

Concerning the Official Power Grids in Marvel.com
Topic started by Lucgiehl on Aug. 14, 2010. Last post by iLLituracy 2 years

Hi,
My name is Luciano and I'm from Brazil.
I'm a member of a discussion group about the Marvel Universe Characters and recently came up a question (more a dispute) about the Official Power Grids in the Marvel.com website.

Some members judge the Official Grids totally correct. They think the grid numbers seems odd to us in because the chronology of the stories published here have a one year delay. So some powers came up and we doesn't aware of it, hence come strange grid numbers.

Others (myself included) believe that unfortunately, the Official Power Grids are not entirely reliable and so it's not possible take all of them seriously as a trusty reference.

This question has caused trouble and serious debates (flames included) among members.

I'd like to know your opinion regarding this subject, since you are more updated with the last Marvel issues.

Thank you very much for any contribution on the questions bellow:

1 - Official Power Grids are reliable?

2 - Official Power Grids are frequently updated and observe the character changes?

3 - Official Power Grids are in your opinion a good method of defining Marvel character's capacities?

4 - There is a better or more reliable Power Grid available?

Post by SumoSlamMan

@Lucgiehl: I randomly thought of a Marvel hero, Iron Fist, and looked up his powergrid at Marvel.com. Don't get me wrong, I love Danny, but his "official" ratings seems a little bit overpowered. I was actually an intern at Marvel and someone brought up the Marvel Universe database, and I remember one of my bosses talking about them in a sort of "eh" tone of voice. They've got a lot to do there and I don't think power grids, as fun as they are for fanboys to reference, are one of their top priorities
@Lucgiehl said:

2 - Official Power Grids are frequently updated and observe the character changes?

3 - Official Power Grids are in your opinion a good method of defining Marvel character's capacities?

I would have to say 1) Take them with a grain of salt. Danny Rand with a level 5 intelligence, 7 being the highest? Yeah, no. Wolverine with a 4 durability? The dude is practically immortal! 2) Definitely not. 3) Absolutely not. 4) That's a mighty fine question. I think that if you're going to look for reliable power grids, they can't be maxed out at 7. Not only that but said power grids would need constant updating as different writers take the reigns and redefine the character's power sets. I just don't think Marvel has the time or the energy to constantly update a database of 5,000 plus characters on an arbitrary scale that can't truly measure anything accurately for any meaningful amount of time.

I'm gonna say don't trust the power grids implicitly and do your research. A good reference, issue #, etc. will go much further than power grid info. Hope this helps a bit.

PEACE!

by Lucgiehl

Thanks SumoSlamMan,

There is something strange, weird, even bizarre in the Power Grids.

Take X-23 for instance, she has Strength, Durability, Fighting Skills and Speed at maximum rating. How?

By comparison she is more powerful than Gladiator, Sentry or the Thing.

The Vision has all levels at 7? The Vision in the same level as Galactus, more powerful than, say, Thanos or Mephisto?

And Quicksilver? He is not Flash... but the Grid consider him capable of Warp Speed. He is faster than Nova (Level 5!), who is slower than... Rhino (Level 7)?!?!?

I think there is something seriously wrong.

Any more opinions?

by IrishX

I've never taken those rating serious.

Post by The Mango

@Lucgiehl said:

"

Thank you very much for any contribution on the questions bellow:

"

No, No, No, not a better power grid, just go by feats.

Post by Amega****a

After I looked up X-23 and saw her power grid, and then looked at Wolverine's and saw that he's essentially lower than her in almost every single rating, I immediately called bull and disregarded the Marvel.com power grids. Seriously? How is X-23 stronger than Wolverine? I can get faster, maybe, but there is absolutely no way she is stronger than Wolverine! The man can lift up to a ton or two, X-23 cannot as far as I know.

To answer your questions. The power grids are probably far off from the truth, if you really want a more reliable power grid you're probably not going to find it like that. You're going to have to do some independent research and study the characters via comic book issues. While doing this take into consideration what they have shown and what they can do consistently and then you'll probably have a pretty fair power grid in your mind by that alone.
by SumoSlamMan

Honestly, I think some of those might be inside jokes. At one point I know that Storm had 7's in everything. Like I said, ignore the official power grids and listen to the other posters. Time to do your research my friend.

by Peteparker

Marvel.com's power grids are completely made by fans, they have no basis in fact.

They were originally intended to be factual, but over time, and lack of interest in patrolling the edits, some have grown out of proportion (See X-23).
by iLLituracy

I think you're looking at the wrong grids. The blue bars are the official ratings, the red ones are the fan voted average. Nonetheless, there have been times the official ratings have been inaccurate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"