DC Marvel Trade

Kitsune

Fox of Ages
Reaction score
Before the DC/Marvel cross over even where Wolverine beat Lobo, and such the creator discussed they idea of having two characters trade places and each be in the other universe. This idea was scrapped because of the copyright complications.
I was wondering what people might think would be a good trade. Although it would be terribly confusing without a name change (I think she was still Capitan Marvel at the time), I was thinking that Monica Rambau would do well. In the Marvel universe, people have trouble dealing with her high level of power as compared to say Capitan America, and because of this there was a tendency to dumb her down and even an attempt to lower her powers to avoid this. In the DC Universe, where most characters are pretty high level, Monica could be written as competent without outshining everyone else.

I haven't given the DC side of the trade much thought, but off the top of my head Vixen is a good power level for Marvel.

I think the orignal trade was something like Daredevil and Catwoman or something like that. I thought I'd post this to see what other trades people would come up with.

EDIT: I immediately regret what suggesting that.

It would be interesting to see how much Batman would despise living in the Marvel U., actually. Not to mention what the hell Tony Stark would do in a world in which he couldn't be a manipulative prick and play everyone on the planet against each other in order to set himself up as the king of one of the most important agencies in the world. Just let him try and take over Checkmate that way...yeah, no.

Dark Knight Returns=how Batman would react to the Marvel U.?

Stick Superman in the MU so those idiots can see what a HERO IS SUPPOSED TO ACT LIKE.

Ummm, give DC Spidey so he can catch a break for five minutes.

Before the DC/Marvel cross over even where Wolverine beat Lobo, and such the creator discussed they idea of having two characters trade places and each be in the other universe. This idea was scrapped because of the copyright complications.
I was wondering what people might think would be a good trade. Although it would be terribly confusing without a name change (I think she was still Capitan Marvel at the time), I was thinking that Monica Rambau would do well. In the Marvel universe, people have trouble dealing with her high level of power as compared to say Capitan America, and because of this there was a tendency to dumb her down and even an attempt to lower her powers to avoid this. In the DC Universe, where most characters are pretty high level, Monica could be written as competent without outshining everyone else.

I haven't given the DC side of the trade much thought, but off the top of my head Vixen is a good power level for Marvel.

I think the orignal trade was something like Daredevil and Catwoman or something like that. I thought I'd post this to see what other trades people would come up with.

I heard the original trade was going to be Spider-Man/Batman...

I've also heard Superman/Hulk....

Putting Hulk in DC wouldn't be a good idea. He'd raze Metropolis to the ground.

Indeed we did. No matter how different we are, we both know that Marvel's heroes suck at their jobs.

I heard Daredevil/Catwoman.... I couldn't DC giving up Batman or Superman for a year, and no way is Marvel giving up Spider-Man.

Until Superman one-punched him clear across the solar system, yes.

Until who punched whom?

attachment.php

Stick Superman in the MU so those idiots can see what a HERO IS SUPPOSED TO ACT LIKE.

Ummm, give DC Spidey so he can catch a break for five minutes.

Agreed on both.
I get the feeling that Booster Gold or bowlcutted Guy Gardner would fit in well with all the lame-o second string characters in the Marvel Universe.

You know a real hero, when he comes BACK from the dead to break yo' face! RAWR!!! :cmad:

Captain America would work really well in the DCU, as would Sentry, Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom and Nova. As far as DC guys moving over to Marvel, I think John Constantine, Blue Devil, Batman, Lex Luthor and Black Adam would freakin' RAGE that mutha!

I mean, who wouldn't want to see a Captain Marvel/Dr. Strange team up, or Sentry/Superman, Batman/Daredevil or, my personal favorite, Black Adam/Namor?! Those books would sell like hotcakes, as long as Winick's not writing the Captain Marvel book!

Captain America would work really well in the DCU, as would Sentry, Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom and Nova. As far as DC guys moving over to Marvel, I think John Constantine, Blue Devil, Batman, Lex Luthor and Black Adam would freakin' RAGE that mutha!

I mean, who wouldn't want to see a Captain Marvel/Dr. Strange team up, or Sentry/Superman, Batman/Daredevil or, my personal favorite, Black Adam/Namor?! Those books would sell like hotcakes, as long as Winick's not writing the Captain Marvel book!
Whoa, whoa, whoa. That would actually be a horrible idea.

Because I don't want to give up awesome Marvel heroes for crappy DC characters. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"