DC gets an overhaul

what does that mean for that Superman lawsuit then? (I too think it's time for WB and DC to step up their Flash and Wonder Woman films)

Which one? The 2011 mandate? I would imagine either a settlement will be reached or WB will just take the penalty rather than potentially lose millions more in a "rushed" film they don't have the full desire to make.

WB has to get all these lawsuits straightened out before they move forward with their next Superman film. And yea, as long as the ball is rolling for Flash, WW etc.. then Superman can wait.

if you think about it, WB had to spend a lot a money in recent times:

The settlement with Fox on Watchmen and the settlemen with the Tolken family with Lord of the Rings, which finally greenlit The Hobbit.

I think WB right now is thinking it through and you're right, and not rush Superman. I think things will work out in the end though.

Well as others have said they dont need to have a film out in 2011 for the court thing. we all know with the lastest in the court drama wb has to have a film within production(what ever form of production qualifies for the court) by some time in 2011. Or the siegels can sue them for more money, and then wb would lose the film rights to superman which we know they dont want to lose that bit of things. But since we are still 14 months from 2011 things could easily change within a few months. Plus they probably would want to wait to they get things all set ie writers/director picked before they announce anything. Then plus that big meeting they are due to be having in jan/feb we could get lucky there. Or some other point in 2010. There is still so much time something could happen. If not man it will be depressing if wb does lose the film rights.

Can't say I am suprised... thought it would be 2014 myself. I think the next play here will be to at least roll the dice with some of these other superheros... IF GL is some kind of success. Try to build some credibilty with Aquaman, WW, and maybe Flash. Superman will need a complete reboot and at least 2-3 movies. JLA movie is probably a decade away, but that can be a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:
Well all we can do is hope they wont lose the superman rights and we can get a film down the road once things are all settled.

if you think about it, WB had to spend a lot a money in recent times:

The settlement with Fox on Watchmen and the settlemen with the Tolken family with Lord of the Rings, which finally greenlit The Hobbit.

I think WB right now is thinking it through and you're right, and not rush Superman. I think things will work out in the end though.

Hopefully.

I know hopefully that is what will happen. They work things out with the families get the whole court stuff settled, then move on things.

Well as others have said they dont need to have a film out in 2011 for the court thing. we all know with the lastest in the court drama wb has to have a film within production(what ever form of production qualifies for the court) by some time in 2011. Or the siegels can sue them for more money, and then wb would lose the film rights to superman which we know they dont want to lose that bit of things. But since we are still 14 months from 2011 things could easily change within a few months. Plus they probably would want to wait to they get things all set ie writers/director picked before they announce anything. Then plus that big meeting they are due to be having in jan/feb we could get lucky there. Or some other point in 2010. There is still so much time something could happen. If not man it will be depressing if wb does lose the film rights.

Thats a big leap. If they don't have a movie ready they will have to pay compensation to the heirs, they won't lose the movie rights unless the heirs get full copyright over Superman of today rather than golden age superman. The movie timing has nothing to do with that debate

YEa i know that, i was just saying we know something has to be in production be that actually filming or script/prep work happening in 2011 or wb loses the film rights. As for everything else. I do hope things can get all settled between wb/dc and the families so everyone is happy. It would be very depressing to see superman ripped out of DCU and we would never get the chance to see some more modern mythos of the character ever make it to the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"