Another overhaul for DCEU

Yeah, Doctor Strange and Doctor Fate are nothing alike and it's not common knowledge that DC and Marvel had been copying each other all those decades ago. :whatever:

Thats not even the problem as i thought i made clear by pointing out other examples.
But i guess it wasnt simple enough.

Before BA came out, fans were talking about how there definitly wouldnt be comparisons made...but now even critics called Doctor Fate a poor mans Doctor Strange, a rip off etc.

Which shows that at this point its not anything anybody can fight, so not using this or that character because people might compare them to other characters, is not something the studio should worry about.

If I were DC Studios this would be my slate for 2024 to 2028

2024: Wonder Woman 3
2025: Man of Steel 2, Flash 2
2026: Aquaman 3, The Justice League
2027: Man of Steel 3
2028: Flash 3

I'd include Black Adam, Shazam and Blue Beetle in JL or the other solo movies before giving them another solo movie.

I didn't include The Batman and Joker as they are both set in a different continuity but like I said, its a mess how we have upcoming DC films set in 3 different continuties. So are they just gonna drag it until they all flop or lose interest with the public. Gal, Jason and Robert would eventually quit the role or be replaced by someone else, just like with the previous Superman and Batman actors. While Ezra is a red flag to the franchise and puts an uncertainty to future Flash movies.

I can't guess which obscure James Gunn is going to try neXt. The Suicide Squad, a movie he directed was a major flop. So I doubt WBD found their Feige. DC Studios simply don't have the goodwill of the public especially Black Adam is underperforming at the boX office. Blue Beetle and Shazam 2, if both underperform neXt year would be 1 2 punch for James Gunn. I want them to reboot Green Lantern for the big screen but even that sounds like a gamble given the last one flopped.

I'd do some smaller budget, lesser known character films while waiting on the big budget ones.

Etrigan
Deadman
The question
Booster gold
A Lex Luther origin film pre superman
( superman shows up at the very end )
Firestorm
Solomon grundy
Hawkgirl
Zatanna
Adam strange.

I'd do some smaller budget, lesser known character films while waiting on the big budget ones.

Etrigan
Deadman
The question
Booster gold
Firestorm
Solomon grundy
Hawkgirl
Zatanna
Adam strange.

so here me out on this but instead of movies for these characters, what if they did an anthology show and did an episode with these characters as episodes. call it DC Showcase and give them a hour long story that could be anything from a day in the life, to an origin and then after you could roll them into the movies.

so here me out on this but instead of movies for these characters, what if they did an anthology show and did an episode with these characters as episodes. call it DC Showcase and give them a hour long story that could be anything from a day in the life, to an origin and then after you could roll them into the movies.

I like this idea. This is definitely the direction that Marvel is heading in, with both Werewolf by Night and Guardians Xmas Special as the beta testing grounds...

DC has an extensive and rich catalogue of characters they could draw from, names that might not be able to carry a feature film but would work great in an anthology series. Marvel has excelled at making lesser-known characters household names; DC just needs a strong central vision to start bringing their 'deep cuts' into the public consciousness as well.

Etrigan
Deadman
The question
Booster gold
Firestorm
Solomon grundy
Hawkgirl
Zatanna
Adam strange.

Lots of great ideas here that would work well in an anthology series or as direct-to-streaming movies! Though I would personally argue that Zatanna and Booster Gold could potentially carry feature film franchises if done well...

Of all those, I'd most want a Lex Luther origin film.
Other than smallville, it's never really been done.

No superman ( except at the end ) just straight up Lex from childhood to adulthood.

Show his childhood.
While in grade school lex corrects a math teacher who made an error on a problem.
He not only corrects her, but he continues writing on the board. It's a complicated math equation.
Whats that? The teacher asks.
Lex - I corrected one of Einstein's theories.
Teacher- oh.....

Then in HS he corrects a science teacher on her explanation on evolution and explains why she is wrong.
He then gives a lecture. He is 11.
The teacher sits and listens with the class.

He graduates HS at 12. Moves on to college at 13.
He Takes 8 different majors at once, passes all with a 4.0. He is out of college by 18.

Lex soon, to no ones surprise, becomes a multi billionaire less than 5 years later.
His company Lex-corp, focuses on the high tech.
Lex is as smart as Einstein, if not smarter, and as evil as Stalin.
He enjoys rock star status everywhere he goes
( like Elon musk ).

A few years pass. A growing obsession and hobby of his, is the possibility of alien life.

He has devoted hundreds of millions of dollars in searching for evidence of it.
Buying it when he can, having it stolen when he can't.
He has a substantial private collection of supposed alien artifacts.
Including some glowing green meteorites

Lex is a ladies man and he's very arrogant.
He dates movie stars, singers, and supermodels. He drops one for another constantly.
He has people killed over the most trivia of stuff.
He once had a new lab tech killed over spilling a tiny drop of water on his suit.

He's constantly on all the talks shows and covers of magazines.
The public loves him, but to lex, the public are nothing but useful idiots.
Constantly by his side is his bodyguard and assistant, mercy.

In reality Lex is the type of person that will build housing for the poor, but then turn around and have it burned down for the insurance money.

Close to the end of the film, superman makes his first public appearance, and that takes the shine off Lex.
Suddenly The media no longer cares about Lex.
It's all about superman now.
The talk shows stop calling him and so do the magazines.
Lex grows angry, and jealous.

( we only ever see Superman through news reports or videos lex has of him ) never up close.

Lex surmises that this "superman" must be an alien. That is the only logical conclusion.

A few years pass. Superman's heroics are constantly on the news.
We see lex throw a empty whiskey bottle at an image of superman on TV.
The giant flat screen explodes into sparks.

He grows increasingly obsessed with superman.
He listens to every interview superman gives.
Every news report of his lastest act of heroics etc. He buys any and all info he can find on Superman.

One day Superman gives an interview to DP reporter Lois Lane.
Lex listens intently.

Superman opens up to her and reveals he is from the planet Krypton, and where it's former location was at, and How and why it exploded.

Lex has a thought and checks the glowing green meteorites he owns.
"Eureka" Lex shouts from an electron microscope.
They are from the same planet as the alien.

We see Lex busy in his private lab.
He doesn't shower or shave for several days.
a small beard has started growing, and his clothes are in a disheveled mess.
He runs test after test on the meteorites.

Lex makes a breakthrough. He discovers that the meteorites ( harmless to humans ) will weaken, and perhaps even kill the "alien"

At last, he says to himself.
He pushes a button on an intercom and calls for mercy.

She walks in and crinkles her nose at the smell.
Apologies, Lex quips.
I've...........been busy.

She hands him a new set of clothes and a shaving kit.

It ends at nightime, Several months later.

Lex is standing in Lex-corp, staring out a window of his penthouse, looking out over "his city".
Lightning flashes off in the distance.

He is clean shaven now, and In his best suit.
He smiles and sips a drink of whiskey from a glass.
Mercy stands by his side, silent.
Mercy, you are standing next to greatness.
I'm about to kill a God.

He looks down at a file in his hand.
It reads "the metallo project" candidate John Corbin.

For Lex, either Brad Pitt, Edris Elba, or Jason Isaacs.

Last edited:
Of all those, I'd most want a Lex Luther origin film.
Other than smallville, it's never been done.
No superman, just straight up Lex from childhood to adulthood.

Lex becomes a multi billionaire.
He enjoys rock star status ( like Elon musk ) he's a ladies man and is very arrogant.
He has people killed over trivia stuff.
He's constantly on all the talks shows and covers of magazines.

At the end, superman makes his first appearance and takes the shine off Lex.

Suddenly The media no longer cares about Lex.
It's all about superman now.
The talk shows stop calling him and so do the magazines.
Lex grows angry, and jealous.

It ends with Lex staring out a Lex Corp window, looking out over "his" city. Lightning flashes.
He looks down at a file in his hand.
It reads "the metallo project".

For Lex, either Brad Pitt or Edris Elba.

giphy.gif

Warner Bros. Discovery should sell the live action movie rights to DC characters to Disney.

They can keep the comics and Tv/animation rights.

Let's wait and see how Gunn does.
If in 4 or 5 years from now it's the same ole crap, then yeah.
But I get you. It's really hard to have faith in them anymore.

Last edited:
Warner Bros. Discovery should sell the live action movie rights to DC characters to Disney.

They can keep the comics and Tv/animation rights.

Why? All fans have done is complain about Phase 4. Disney tanked Star Wars. Disney live action films outside of Star Wars and Marvel are largely awful.

It's better off where it is. At least we get the occasional gem that Disney would never make.

Why? All fans have done is complain about Phase 4. Disney tanked Star Wars. Disney live action films outside of Star Wars and Marvel are largely awful.

It's better off where it is. At least we get the occasional gem that Disney would never make.
Occasional gem??? Mind you, Marvel Studios movies are received better by the critiX.... For every Eternals, DC has Black Adam, JL, BVS, WW84, Suicide Squad, GL.

Occasional gem??? Mind you, Marvel Studios movies are received better by the critiX.... For every Eternals, DC has Black Adam, JL, BVS, WW84, Suicide Squad, GL.

I really don't think we should allow the opinions of 400 odd people to decide whether a movie is good or bad. It's literally 0.000005% of people on the planet.

BvS and Suicide Squad, while I don't like them and they got bad reviews, performed better 5 years ago than the majority of Phase 4 movies have outside of S:NWH and DS2.

The reality is, Marvel Studios has a reputation, among the GA at least, for good quality and entertaining films.

Even Marvel Studios films that fans tend to complain about , the GA is usually fine to "Okay " with them at worst, save Eternals.

Fair or not, DC films are considered more hit and miss, with BvS considered a miss ,even though it did make money at the end of the day.

When DC Studios hits it out of the park as with films like The Batman and WW, etc, they really hit it out of the park.

But at this point , they aren't doing that consistently as far as the GA is concerned , even putting the critics opinions aside.

The reality is, Marvel Studios has a reputation, among the GA at least, for good quality and entertaining films.

Even Marvel Studios films that fans tend to complain about , the GA is usually fine to "Okay " with them at worst, save Eternals.

Fair or not, DC films are considered more hit and miss, with BvS considered a miss ,even though it did make money at the end of the day.

When DC Studios hits it out of the park as with films like The Batman and WW, etc, they really hit it out of the park.

But at this point , they aren't doing that consistently as far as the GA is concerned , even putting the critics opinions aside.

Arent they? Arent the recent DC movies all getting good User Ratings?
Outside of WW84, most movies and projects seemed to be well liked.

I dont know where this feeling comes from, maybe it is the fandom as a whole who is more critical and all, maybe the snydereffect is part of the problem.
Maybe Marvel has carved itself so much into the GA that DC has a tougher standing.

Maybe it helps that its owned by Disney...i dont know.

I dont want to make weird conspiracy accusations or so, but i do get the feeling critics are harder on DC and that the GA listens to critics more when it comes to DC movies.
But maybe thats just me as a DC fan wanting this to be true to defend my favorite brand...i dont know.

Arent they? Arent the recent DC movies all getting good User Ratings?
Outside of WW84, most movies and projects seemed to be well liked.

I dont know where this feeling comes from, maybe it is the fandom as a whole who is more critical and all, maybe the snydereffect is part of the problem.
Maybe Marvel has carved itself so much into the GA that DC has a tougher standing.

Maybe it helps that its owned by Disney...i dont know.

I dont want to make weird conspiracy accusations or so, but i do get the feeling critics are harder on DC and that the GA listens to critics more when it comes to DC movies.
But maybe thats just me as a DC fan wanting this to be true to defend my favorite brand...i dont know.

BvS, MOS, Birds of Prey, Justice League, etc aren't all that well liked by the GA.
At best, their mixed in terms of GA response .

There are people in DC fandom who may like them ,but I wouldn't argue that they're all well liked when taking them out of the DC fan sphere.

At this point , The Batman, Wonder Woman 2017, Aquaman, Joker , Suicide Squad, are the ones that have gotten the best response if we're talking about the GA.

Those are a relative few when comparing them to how many Marvel films are beloved and have gone over well with the GA.

I really don't think we should allow the opinions of 400 odd people to decide whether a movie is good or bad. It's literally 0.000005% of people on the planet.

BvS and Suicide Squad, while I don't like them and they got bad reviews, performed better 5 years ago than the majority of Phase 4 movies have outside of S:NWH and DS2.
You are speaking for yourself.

If DCEU has a track record like MCU with the critiX, things would have been a lot better.

I think I prefer a studio with a better track record (boX office, continuity, world building, critical reception) than a studio with "occasional" gems.

WBs biggest problem, imo, is they didn't have their Kevin Feige. They instead had too many cooks in the kitchen.

They now have their KF, but will that equal success? Time will tell.

If Gunn wants to build some hype and goodwill he needs to announce a slate of films and asap.
And don't announce a bunch of films, get the fans all excited, then cancel half of them 3 or 4 years down the road. Have a overreaching storyline in multiple films and stick to your "gunns".

WBs biggest problem, imo, is they didn't have their Kevin Feige. They instead had too many cooks in the kitchen.

They now have their KF, but will that equal success? Time will tell.

If Gunn wants to build some hype and goodwill he needs to announce a slate of films and asap.
And don't announce a bunch of films, get the fans all excited, then cancel half of them 3 or 4 years down the road. Have a overreaching storyline in multiple films and stick to your "gunns".
Thats the thing.

Shazam 2 and Blue Beetle aren't guaranteed boX office success yet, so I can understand why WBD don't want to announce a movie for Booster Gold going for production yet. Black Adam losing them money is also going to make them cautious for the time being. DC films simply isn't in a comfortable slate right now.

BvS, MOS, Birds of Prey, Justice League, etc aren't all that well liked by the GA.
At best, their mixed in terms of GA response .

There are people in DC fandom who may like them ,but I wouldn't argue that they're all well liked when taking them out of the DC fan sphere.

At this point , The Batman, Wonder Woman 2017, Aquaman, Joker , Suicide Squad, are the ones that have gotten the best response if we're talking about the GA.

Those are a relative few when comparing them to how many Marvel films are beloved and have gone over well with the GA.

Maybe im then in a smaller bubble than i thought, because that is how it looks to me based on the stuff i follow on Twitter, Facebook, Discord, Forums...places that have all kinds of topics going on...feature Comic Book movies only very basic.
And there the overall feeling is that for the most part, they have fun with DC especially since these movies feel rather unique.

Hmmm what matters most with these blockbuster movies are boX office numbers for the sequel to happen. Plus points are critical reception. I don't think MCU would be where it is if half of their movies, were as badly reviewed as BVS, Origins Wolverine, Suicide Squad 2014, Green Lantern and Dark PhoeniX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"