Another overhaul for DCEU

I prefer a more colorful style like in the cartoons.

Not eXactly MCU colorful style with quips and punchlines every 10 minutes. But I've seen enough of this darker gritty tone with Batman, Joker and Man of Steel.

I wish the DCEU go for a more Edgy direction to differentiate from Marvel do things that Marvel would never do i want more movies like Joker and the Batman with a more realistic and serious tone i dont want more MCU colorful style in DC movies those movies would only be copies of the MCU World

The DC stories that i always liked more were the Black Label stories or the Elseworlds i would take Kingdom Come Superman Red Son Killing Joke a thousand times over the stories of the normal DC continuity

For that the whole Black Label idea was built.
If i remember correctly, there was once a plan to do this kind of thing in the cinematic universe too.
With on one side darker, edgier stuff and a lighter tone on the other.

I dont see why we shouldnt get both to be honest.

I mean why not a more realistic and serious Batman with Reeves universe while on the other side getting a batman universe more comical and less realistic?

I
The DC stories that i always liked more were the Black Label stories or the Elseworlds i would take Kingdom Come Superman Red Son Killing Joke a thousand times over the stories of the normal DC continuity

There's a reason most of the CBM storylines taken from comic book arcs are not even close in comparison. Kingdom Come works on the premise that most people are familiar with almost every characters. The scope of even split up into 2 movies would be impossible. It'd have to be streamlined and the entire cast minimized so the regular GA would know who was who.

I prefer a more colorful style like in the cartoons.

Not eXactly MCU colorful style with quips and punchlines every 10 minutes. But I've seen enough of this darker gritty tone with Batman, Joker and Man of Steel.
Agreed. I still don’t understand why the previous regime went with yet another low tech dark and gritty Batman after we just had that with Christopher Nolan. It was time to take that character in a different and lighter direction.

Agreed. I still don’t understand why the previous regime went with yet another low tech dark and gritty Batman after we just had that with Christopher Nolan. It was time to take that character in a different and lighter direction.
I agree with the bolded part, which is why I wasn't impressed by The Batman. But I don't think he necessarily needs to be "lighter" to be more comicbook-ish. I felt Batfleck had the right balance between grittiness and comicbook aesthetics.

I agree with the bolded part, which is why I wasn't impressed by The Batman. But I don't think he necessarily needs to be "lighter" to be more comicbook-ish. I felt Batfleck had the right balance between grittiness and comicbook aesthetics.
j1zp1vc3rzo81.jpg

It wasn't but it was clearly trying to be.

Except for the various ways where it *was* dark, when it wasn't actually trying to be dark. ;)

( Which is to say, Snyder almost certainly blew up Metropolis and killed what should have been millions of people, because it would make the fight scene look cool, not out of an intent to say something about the scales of superheroic devastation. Contrast with the various Jonathan Kent scenes, where he absolutely was *trying* to be all dark and edgy. )

I hated the editing in mos.
One second his ship from Krypton is flying over the Kent farm, and a second later he was grown and on a fishing vessel.
The flashbacks were pretty bad also, and I love flashbacks when done right.

For the new superman film, if its a soft reboot, I hope we can avoid another origin.
Just show it in the opening credits, comic book style. We don't need it told again.

There's a reason most of the CBM storylines taken from comic book arcs are not even close in comparison. Kingdom Come works on the premise that most people are familiar with almost every characters. The scope of even split up into 2 movies would be impossible. It'd have to be streamlined and the entire cast minimized so the regular GA would know who was who.
Whichever direction their headed, kingdom come, crisis on infinite Earths, etc,
I hope they get it started in the next film.
All the future films need to have that storyline in the background.

Personally, I'd love the crisis storyline with the anti monitor, and have the spectre be the nick fury of the dcu.
but instead of 7 to 10 heroes, it would be dozens of heroes AND villains facing the anti monitor in the final two films.

Recent news: DCEU has now been officially renamed DCU.

I've always called it DCU :sleepy: (lol)

I wonder if this is a soft reboot in itself with everything previous only within the story if required?

DCUniverse sounds like that old DC Comics app.

Anyway with Man of Steel 2 possibly happening, WBD just eXtended this continuity for another 5 years.

Future DCEU films
-Shazam! 2
-Flash
-Blue Beetle
-Aquaman 2
-Wonder Woman 3

Unlikely to happen, unless they do very well at the boX office
-Shazam! 3
-Blue Beetle 2

Up in the air:
-Black Adam 2
-Black Adam v. Superman: Dawn of Something
-Flash 2 (I would say this is 100% going to happen if only Ezra isn't so problematic)

Will likely happen
-Aquaman 3
-Man of Steel Returns

Yeah this overhaul is never going to happen until their every DCU film performs terribly either with reviews or at the boX office.

Personally, I'd love the crisis storyline with the anti monitor, and have the spectre be the nick fury of the dcu.
but instead of 7 to 10 heroes, it would be dozens of heroes AND villains facing the anti monitor in the final two films.
It sounds good :)

But wouldn't it be better with Darkseid as the main big baddie?

It sounds good :)

But wouldn't it be better with Darkseid as the main big baddie?
You Know, I thought seriously about Darkseid, but for better or worse, I feel the public would associate him with the snyderverse too much.

Last edited:
You

You Know, I thought seriously about Darkseid, but for better or worse, I feel the public would associate him with the snyderverse too much.
Snyder doesn't own the character, people will get over Darkseid showing up lol.

Snyder doesn't own the character, people will get over Darkseid showing up lol.

I dont know, look at the utter nonsense talk about comparing Doctor Strange and Doctor Fate in Black Adam, or the idiotic comparisons with Deadpool because of the Atom Smasher Mask.

We definitly overestimate people and critics on such things.
People will compare a Darkseid in the future with Snyders constantly, that can not be stopped anymore sadly.

But that shouldnt stop a story from including certain characters imo.

Yeah, Doctor Strange and Doctor Fate are nothing alike and it's not common knowledge that DC and Marvel had been copying each other all those decades ago. :whatever:

Imo, the DCU needs to go big or go home.
4 or 5 films leading up to a endgame style film won't cut it.

Don't make the same mistake you did before by not fleshing out individual characters.

It took marvel a decade from start to end game.
One reason it was so successful is because we had plenty of time to actually care about each hero.

Now, I'm not asking for 20 something films but 12 to 15 that lead up to the crisis would be great.

Gunn likes using lesser known characters so I hope that continues in future DC movies and shows.

Gunn likes using lesser known characters so I hope that continues in future DC movies and shows.
For me, besides the obvious of batman,superman etc, I'd love to see these films.
Etrigan
Booster gold
MM
Green Arrow
Black canary
DeadMan
The question
The spectre
New Gods.

I'd also have a John Stewart GL film.
A wally west flash film.
A hawkgirl film, and perhaps power girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"