DC Property into a TV Series

As far as A-list superheroes, Batman is easily the one who would translate best to prime-time TV.

As far as A-list superheroes, Batman is easily the one who would translate best to prime-time TV.

I'd go even further. Batman would be better in a prime-time TV series. We could see more character development, more growth, more complex plots (with fewer holes) and so on in a television show than we could ever see in a movie.

If a season is 20 episodes, that's 20 hours of screen time per year compared to two hours of screen time every two or three years. There's no comparison.

"Year One" could be spread out over half a season or so to show why Wayne has to become Batman in Gotham City rather than a cop of FBI agent. We could see why Gordon comes to trust and depend on Batman. Both of those things really got the short end of things in "Batman Begins" partially because of the time constraints of a movie. Television affords so much more time than movies and that's why a Batman series would be so much better than movies.

You cant do a Batman tv series because you'll need a huge budget.

I think a Nightwing tv series would be cheaper and fresher and should attract more viewers because Dick actually has a social life (so it wont be nothing but crime scenes and brawls), ergo more girl viewers.

Of course Batman is batman, so even poop sell if they have a bat symbol on them.

Theoretically you'd need a bigger budget to produce a Superman tv series, and yet we've had several of those.

Well they were grounded, werent they? I think that because of the gadgets and vehicles, and cave and so on, Batman would need a bigger budget. Not to mention that i dont trust them with the franchise.

Besides, like i said, there isnt much to Batman besides crime fighting and that can only go on for so long. Nightwing is more like DC's spiderman and i think he'll charm the audience, no matter what age or gender group they belong to.

Batman isnt just crime fighting, it is also crime solving. The gadgets and cave would be easy. Gadgets wouldnt cost that much to make and cave can just be partially cgi.

A Batman series can be done like Sanctuary. The cave, mansion and much of the city can be CGI and it could still look great and tell a pretty hardboiled detective story in a world that is retro-futuristic like the comics.

Batman isnt just crime fighting, it is also crime solving. The gadgets and cave would be easy. Gadgets wouldnt cost that much to make and cave can just be partially cgi.
But there isnt much to it other than crime, is there? Robin and Catwoman can only go so far, unless they turn it into a teen drama like Smallville.
I think you need the character to have a social life if you re going to do a tv series.

With all the crime dramas we have, I am sure Batman would have plenty of storylines to tell to go along with being a superhero. Plus they can always shed more light on Bruce Wayne. Plus with more charecters added every season Batman wont be the only one focused on all the time. Plus Batman will have a social life with his Batclan once he grows it.

But there isnt much to it other than crime, is there? Robin and Catwoman can only go so far, unless they turn it into a teen drama like Smallville.
I think you need the character to have a social life if you re going to do a tv series.

Agree, overlay the crime procedural with a twist (the main character is outside the law) with Bruce's social life. Beyond the obvious main cast: Alfred, Fox, Dent, Gordon, and Leslie, and if you just need that romantic drama you have Selena Kyle, Vicki Vale and Pamela Isley. There's room for drama.

I'd rather they keep making Batman movies where we can see his full potential rather than a tv series which will enforce an embargo on the movies. See how WW fans are pissed that WW will be wasted on a tv series.

All three of them are pissed, are they?

I kid. I think the point of this particular line of thinking is that the movies don't explore Batman's full potential. Movies capture the scale, a TV series capture the scope. Neither does the other.

All three of them are pissed, are they?
:funny: They do have a point though.
I kid. I think the point of this particular line of thinking is that the movies don't explore Batman's full potential. Movies capture the scale, a TV series capture the scope. Neither does the other.
You mean because a TV series has more time in its hands?
Thats a blessing and a curse. Somehow i dont trust them, sooner or later they ll turn batman into a chickflick like they did with Smallville. See how horribly writen it is even to this day. Lois and Clark have just hooked up and yet they are all "you are the love of my life", and of course Ollie pops up in every episode to cry about Chloe in front of Tess.

**** that, i dont want them to rape Batman. Give them Nightwing or Green Arrow, anyone with a social life (how many events can Bruce go to anyway?). Dick is a lot easier to write and dedicate a tv series to.

I'd go even further. Batman would be better in a prime-time TV series. We could see more character development, more growth, more complex plots (with fewer holes) and so on in a television show than we could ever see in a movie.

If a season is 20 episodes, that's 20 hours of screen time per year compared to two hours of screen time every two or three years. There's no comparison.

"Year One" could be spread out over half a season or so to show why Wayne has to become Batman in Gotham City rather than a cop of FBI agent. We could see why Gordon comes to trust and depend on Batman. Both of those things really got the short end of things in "Batman Begins" partially because of the time constraints of a movie. Television affords so much more time than movies and that's why a Batman series would be so much better than movies.
I agree completely. I would absolutely love a quality, live-action Batman television series.

:funny: They do have a point though.
You mean because a TV series has more time in its hands?
Thats a blessing and a curse. Somehow i dont trust them, sooner or later they ll turn batman into a chickflick like they did with Smallville. See how horribly writen it is even to this day. Lois and Clark have just hooked up and yet they are all "you are the love of my life", and of course Ollie pops up in every episode to cry about Chloe in front of Tess.

**** that, i dont want them to rape Batman. Give them Nightwing or Green Arrow, anyone with a social life (how many events can Bruce go to anyway?). Dick is a lot easier to write and dedicate a tv series to.

Lol, yeah, that would suck. But yeah, more time to do things right does also mean more times to do things horribly, horribly wrong. I see it going more the route of Human Target than Smallville, Batman is more suited for cases of the weak rather than high school drama, he not being, y'know, a high schooler.

I just don't see WB bringing Batman back to TV anytime soon. He's big in theaters as of now. NIGHTWING, on the other hand, would work perfectly on TV, IMO. :D

I wouldn't complain if we got a Batman TV series, I think it would be awesome. I just don't see it happening.

Y the Last Man! NOW!

I hope Geoff pulls the WB's head out of their butts after seeing how the Walking Dead is doing.

Y the Last Man! NOW!

I hope Geoff pulls the WB's head out of their butts after seeing how the Walking Dead is doing.

Exactly. Y the Last Man. HBO. Do it.

It would be much better suited for television than film, I think.

I havent heard about Y the Last Man before. Its a comic right? Is it any good, do you recommend it?

First trade is ten bucks. Buy it. NOW!

No no no... this is good peer pressure. Y the Last Man is the best sort of thing you can be pressured into. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"