Sequels Would you guys love to see a X-Men tv series

S

StormX-Fan2007

Would you guys like to see a X-Men tv series that would air on fox I look at some of the great hero tv series that do fantastic job on air such as shows like Buffy, Charmed, Angel, Smallville, and Hero's so the question is would you guys love to see X-Men have their own tv series if so who would you guys cast as characters.

We have one already, It's called Heroes.

We have one already, It's called Heroes.

It doesn't air in the Uk until the end of February, but i was sent advance copies of the first four episodes. Watchable, but talk about cliche and generic!
The powers are so obvious, so predictable. You can just feel the 'talented' production people of Hollywood at work and you just know that anything truly innovative is never going to happen and that it's very unlikely to sustain itself despite making some strange story twists as its death throes. Need I mention Blade, Carnivale, Millennium, Night Stalker, Surface, Invasion...and the already-faltering Lost and increasingly desperate Desperate Housewives... Is that Hollywood crap i can smell?

Heroes is my favorite show on TV right now, and it's obvious that it takes elements from X-Men.

That being said, I would not mind seeing an actual X-Men series...as long as the cast and the crew was right. I'd have it be more like a cross between X-Men Evolution and Smallville. I mean, lets face it, if we try to duplicate the films, production studios won't even be able to get through of season because of budgetary expenses.

It doesn't air in the Uk until the end of February, but i was sent advance copies of the first four episodes. Watchable, but talk about cliche and generic!
The powers are so obvious, so predictable. You can just feel the 'talented' production people of Hollywood at work and you just know that anything truly innovative is never going to happen and that it's very unlikely to sustain itself despite making some strange story twists as its death throes. Need I mention Blade, Carnivale, Millennium, Night Stalker, Surface, Invasion...and the already-faltering Lost and increasingly desperate Desperate Housewives... Is that Hollywood crap i can smell?

I would disagree with you on Heroes. This season (so far) is anything but generic or cliche.

Heroes is my favorite show on TV right now, and it's obvious that it takes elements from X-Men.

That being said, I would not mind seeing an actual X-Men series...as long as the cast and the crew was right. I'd have it be more like a cross between X-Men Evolution and Smallville. I mean, lets face it, if we try to duplicate the films, production studios won't even be able to get through of season because of budgetary expenses.

Yes, Heroes even mentions X-Men in the pilot episode - the time-freezing guy mentions X-Men 143 and Kitty Pryde. And there is/was also Mutant X (is that still running?).

Smallville is obviously getting something right if it's up to six seasons. The X-Men animated series were pretty good as well.

An X-Men TV series could never duplicate the massive action and FX of the movies, except maybe in the finale episodes.

I'm never that fond of sci-fi TV series as they tend to get corny and silly - the writers are incapable of sustaining the quality of the stories. I don't like Buffy or Angel, I find Smallville okay, I liked many of the Star Trek series.

The important thing is good writers. But would they follow the source material or would they do an 'elseworld' version?

heroes is close but it isnt x-men,i love heroes though but i want an x-men show

Not against this idea or anything but we already have 2 threads on the same subject.

Thank you guys for posting your responces and I agree an X-Men Tv series would be awesome to see. But I truly think if the producers were to create a Tv series I think that they should read all of the comic books about X-Men so they can get some idea's instored for the seasons of the show because like you guy's said Smallville haves been on a role and I loved Charmed and I hated that they had their last season last year they went all the way up to 8 season's which was great I would hope that if an X-Men series was to be made I hope that the show would have such a good sucess just like Charmed and Smallville. To me I believe the storyline they should maybe consider making for the Tv series should be based off the Ultimate X-Men storyline in the comics what do you guys think.

An X-men TV series would give the writers the chance for proper character developement. Unfortunately the production costs of the (sfx) would eventually force the show into cancellation. X-men and the like are not made for live-action TV.

To bad X-men Evolution got canned. I would have liked to see the series played out.

Of course I'd love to see it, but it'll never happen...

-TNC

Wow...

1) Heroes have characters that get their powers from evolution... that is the ONLY thing it has in common with X-Men, everything else is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Pay attention!

2) An X-Men TV series would, obviously rock.

3) If the series focused on young mutants, either students or the X-Men when they first started (ideal, since we haven't seen that in TV before and "X-Men: First Class" is doing so well.) then they wouldn't be using all their mutant powers very often and you could do that on a TV budget.

4) X-Men evolution meets Smallville is a good start, but there should be more "X-Men: First Class" involved.

5) Basing it off of Ultimate X-Men could be good, but modernizing the origional instead of remixing the origional would be something we haven't seen before, so I'd be interested.

Wow...

1) Heroes have characters that get their powers from evolution... that is the ONLY thing it has in common with X-Men, everything else is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Pay attention! .

Okay, let’s look at your case of Heroes being entirely different from X-Men.
Heroes has: beginnings of next stage of evclution (Jean Grey in Senate anyone?!). Woman with healing power (Wolverine) but, who for some bizarre reason, finds healing a curse (Rogue). Professor who has found some way to locate all these mutants (Xavier). Woman with immensely powerful hidden dark side (Jean Grey).

Most stupid of all was the girl not embracing her regenerative power as a gift. And then, although wanting to keep it secret, she keeps leaping off a bridge and allowing herself to be filmed while doing it. Surprise, surprise, the video footage goes missing. She also goes marching right into a massive fire, despite wanting secrecy and being unhappy with her power. Horribly inconsistent writing.

Also silly was the man who thought he could fly going round shouting about it in the office of his politician brother. In the reality setting of the series, it didn’t work at all. Nice twist to his powers and a surprise in the flying scene though.

Then there’s the cop who can hear thoughts and locates a hidden girl in a house where a horrible murder has taken place. The women police officers suddenly become aggressive power bytches and turn on him, accusing him of setting himself up to be a hero when in fact he is the killer!!! WTF? He is arrested and, lo and behold, he reads the woman’s throughts to prove himself. Out of nowhere she suddenly asks him to join the FBI!!! WTF??? Then, no gasps of surprise here, he saves her life. Awful, awful, awful!

Then there’s the son of the professor seeking out these mutants, including screaming in the street at the politician. But when the politician’s brother turns up believing himself to be one of the mutants, the professor’s son is suddenly uninterested and doubtful.

This is writing by numbers from the Acme Plot Twists manual.

2) An X-Men TV series would, obviously rock.

3) If the series focused on young mutants, either students or the X-Men when they first started (ideal, since we haven't seen that in TV before and "X-Men: First Class" is doing so well.) then they wouldn't be using all their mutant powers very often and you could do that on a TV budget.

4) X-Men evolution meets Smallville is a good start, but there should be more "X-Men: First Class" involved.

5) Basing it off of Ultimate X-Men could be good, but modernizing the origional instead of remixing the origional would be something we haven't seen before, so I'd be interested.

Agree with all that, but a TV series is bound to go off on its own tangents and feature things that are not in the source material.

in heroes there is also a girl who can absorb others' powers, right? And make them die too. I read that somewhere.

who remembers Mutant X, (now that show was a x-men ripe off lol) I think if they made a live action x-men show, it would pretty much be the same thing (only with the really characters from the comics)

maybe a mini series or one of those 4-5 part, 1 hour shows (thats basicly a really long made for TV movie cut up in to episods) of the early years of the team "X-Men: First Class", "X-Men evolution" kinda thing, but, not as a prequel to the movies

or how about, just pick a character for a spin off show, following their life before they joined the team, or going on their own after leaving the team.

and Heroes, ...
except for a few characters who have slightly similar powers as characters of the comic,(naturally with any story about poeple with powers, there are going to be a few who have similar or the same powers as someone from the x-men) but, it follows a very different setting, feel, and storyline
until the heroes start all living in a school with a high tech underground base, put on matching uniforms, and fly around in a jet, fighting for the rights of their kind
the show well remain different from x-men

Not a live action series!!! But another animated series with the CGI cinematics of XML2 AND MUA!!!:woot: That would be perfect!!!:wow:

in heroes there is also a girl who can absorb others' powers, right? And make them die too. I read that somewhere.

Nope.There is, however, a guy who can take on people's powers for a short period of time just by being near them. But it doesn't hurt them or make them unable to use their powers themselves.

Alot of the powers are x-menesque..but none of the characters are.

Not a live action series!!! But another animated series with the CGI cinematics of XML2 AND MUA!!!:woot: That would be perfect!!!:wow:

Oh man if only. That would would be incredible. They got so much right in that game.

All they really need to do is get X-Men Evolution back..

-TNC

yeah i would based in the movie verse, get collosus angel and shadowcat actors from the movies, and maybe havok and polaris aswell, cameos by others, would be good if well written

who remembers Mutant X, (now that show was a x-men ripe off lol) I think if they made a live action x-men show, it would pretty much be the same thing (only with the really characters from the comics)

well mutant x was made by marvel studios i always consider it a branch of the x men world- except there are all new mutants never shown in the comics

X-Maniac[/quote said:
Heroes has: beginnings of next stage of evclution (Jean Grey in Senate anyone?!). Woman with healing power (Wolverine) but, who for some bizarre reason, finds healing a curse (Rogue). Professor who has found some way to locate all these mutants (Xavier). Woman with immensely powerful hidden dark side (Jean Grey).

Most stupid of all was the girl not embracing her regenerative power as a gift. And then, although wanting to keep it secret, she keeps leaping off a bridge and allowing herself to be filmed while doing it. Surprise, surprise, the video footage goes missing. She also goes marching right into a massive fire, despite wanting secrecy and being unhappy with her power. Horribly inconsistent writing.

Also silly was the man who thought he could fly going round shouting about it in the office of his politician brother. In the reality setting of the series, it didn’t work at all. Nice twist to his powers and a surprise in the flying scene though.

Then there’s the cop who can hear thoughts and locates a hidden girl in a house where a horrible murder has taken place. The women police officers suddenly become aggressive power bytches and turn on him, accusing him of setting himself up to be a hero when in fact he is the killer!!! WTF? He is arrested and, lo and behold, he reads the woman’s throughts to prove himself. Out of nowhere she suddenly asks him to join the FBI!!! WTF??? Then, no gasps of surprise here, he saves her life. Awful, awful, awful!

Then there’s the son of the professor seeking out these mutants, including screaming in the street at the politician. But when the politician’s brother turns up believing himself to be one of the mutants, the professor’s son is suddenly uninterested and doubtful.

This is writing by numbers from the Acme Plot Twists manual.

Wow...

Notice how it doesn't sound like a ripoff if you don't toss their names in parenthesis there. Claire finds healing a curse? Nikki is immensely powerful? Those are plain old untrue, and you're stretching trying to make things match that don't.

Claire having a cutter mentality explains ALL of her actions, hardly inconsistent with the jacked up teens of today. And somehow, the man who thought he could fly being overexcited is unrealistic in today's world? And Cops don't get suspicious when someone magically knows everything the criminal did?

The "holes" you've discovered register as completely natural events to an educated person, furthermore, if it's so write by numbers, tell me what's going to happen next?

Heroes is a LONG way away from X-Men on several levels, the only thing they have in common is evolution. No mutants. No schools. No Anti-mutant hysteria. No costumes. No high-tech anything. No leader. Totally. Different.

That said, Mutant X was a long way from comics as well, especially with it's awkward classification system. One of my friends explained it to me one day and it struck me as the most un-comic like setup of all time. Lightyears away from cool, too.

But I think one thing is clear: An X-Men live action series would obviously, rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"