DC raised prices after OYL began?!?

Prognosticator

Superhero
Reaction score
So I normally just buy comics in bulk and pay out with a credit card. A week or two ago I was organizing my DC stuff (which is the majority of what I buy), and I noticed that my "One Year Later" issues had been bumped up a full 50 Cents each!

Now, I don't even want to hear someone say, "so, it's only 50 cents" b/c if you buy comics, you know that's a lie; the $ adds up quick!

Anyway, before OYL most DC books (ouside Crisis or Specials) only cost $2.50, yet another benefit against Marvel (which averages $3.00-$4.00 per issue)! But they snuck in a price jump after OYL on most of the regular titles.

Myself, I regularly buy Batman, TEC, Superman, Action, Green Arrow, Firestorm, Catwoman, and I used to get Nightwing too...

Was anyone else caught off guard by the price hike???

Hmmm, where is the guy that was trying to tell me there's no Marvel bias on here yesterday???

There was a thread about it awhile ago when it was announced that DC was pushing up their prices to $2.99. It was on Newsarama a month or so before it happened.

Yeah, I started that thread. I believe I called it "The Last of the $2.50 books" or somethin' dramatic like that.

Anyways, I type out a purchase list now 'cause I get so many titles I end up forgettin' some as they all don't get put into my bag fer me (yet), and lookin' ahead I found the price hike on DC's site, especially after Spidey made the final jump.

Heh, I knew about it and I still got caught off-guard on this one.

You're right I missed it...but the thread only last 4 days from beginning to end so it's not like anyone really made a big deal about it.

I probably I more work to do at work that week. Actually it looks like that thread took place during 'Spring Break' so I definitely would have been away for longer 4 days.

Regarless, it happened and it's too bad for us:( Dan Didio officially gets a "questionable" checkmark against his namesake for that one. Price hikes is the first step toward "Joey Q'ing" the company. :(

Price hikes are kind of necessary, I'd say. Marvel's been outselling DC a lot lately, and part of the reason is because Marvel's charging more for their comics right off the bat.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Price hikes are kind of necessary, I'd say. Marvel's been outselling DC a lot lately, and part of the reason is because Marvel's charging more for their comics right off the bat.

Yeah thats it.....

^^^lol. i can see why people floick to marvel, sure they have cool characters. but marvel doesnt know wtf to do with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"