DC Super Pets

Go figure DC Super Pets of all things would have me musing over how cool a Batman: Year One movie starring Keanu in the early '90s could have been.

Looks better than anything DC has going on in live action. Not fantastic, but looks fun and entertaining.

Call me crazy, but I think that DC on film has finally hit its stride. Between The Batman, Black Adam, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2, The Flash, Batgirl, and this…I’m loving what I’m seeing so far.

I hope we get some merchandise for this film.

Some Fluffy stuff would be neat yeah....i mean for the kids...and me.XD
I need a Ace plush.

Call me crazy, but I think that DC on film has finally hit its stride. Between The Batman, Black Adam, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2, The Flash, Batgirl, and this…I’m loving what I’m seeing so far.

Same, so far all the stuff in the pipelines is sounding and looking very good to me.
Cant really say that any project leaves me cold.
Everything has captured my interest one way or the other.

I need a Ace plush.

Same, so far all the stuff in the pipelines is sounding and looking very good to me.
I need a Ace plush.

https://www.amazon.com/Just-Play-Su...821&sprefix=dc+super+pets+plus,aps,283&sr=8-4

Saw a trailer in front of Minions. This is literally Secret Life of Pets but with super powers. They even got Kevin Hart who was in Secret Life. Dwayne Johnson can do good voice work (see Moana) but sounds like he did this on a Saturday afternoon after they backed up the dump truck of money to his house.

Just saw a promo for this on YouTube and didn't realize that Superman, Batman, and WW actually made an appearance in this.

In any case, I'm in! Especially since WB's animated DC tends to be better than the live-action stuff. ;)

Although I do think it's such a missed opportunity to NOT cast voice actors who've at least voiced Superman / Batman / WW before in other animated series or movies. I hate the trend of using "name" actors for roles in animated movies, especially for this when fans would've undoubtedly recognized a familiar voice actor.

Last edited:
Took me this long to know Flight of the Concords' Jemaine Clement was in this and that he voices Aquaman.

Can't miss a Superman on the big screen. I'll happily see this in theaters too.

Just watched this Nolan-level masterpiece.

It's actually a lot of fun. Even more if DC Easter eggs would make your day. Belly Burger, Ch'p, Stryker Island and blue Kryptonite all get mentioned or referenced. Final fight is surprisingly epic. Borrows some lil somethings from Lady & the Tramp and Toy Story 2, but it works. Better villain than a lot of the live-actions.

Was it a low budget film?

The production budget was $90 million. The trades are pushing this as an underperformance, but it's on par with most family fare post lockdowns (With the exception of Minions: Rise of Gru). It will definitely need strong legs, but fortunately it has no real competition until October.

It’s always interesting to see how the trades push certain narratives during opening weekends. Nope was projected to make $50M+ going into its OW. Then once Friday numbers came in, estimates were adjusted down to $45M and of course the movie ended up with $44M OW. The trades pushed it as best original opening since 2019 or whatever year they chose. Super Pets came in at $22-23M after a $25-30M projection but is deemed as disappointing? I don’t get why this movie is considered different from Nope?

Go figure DC Super Pets of all things would have me musing over how cool a Batman: Year One movie starring Keanu in the early '90s could have been.

From the trailers, he actually has a pretty good Batman voice , which I wouldn't have assumed.

If he had gotten the role circa the late 90s, he probably would have been one of those cases , as With Keaton and Pattinson, where fans would have freaked out ,but then he would have surprised people once they saw his performance.

I saw it today. It's a harmless cute kids film. It had some pretty good emotional moments. I liked Krypto/Ace in this, Chip was cool to see. The little bit we have with Clark is fun. Not enough Keanu Reeves Batman in this for me lol

took my 7 year old niece to see it last night we both loved it, I liked that they used the 78 Superman music for Superman bits, 89 Batman music for Batman stuff, and the 70s WW tv show for WW when she showed up nice touches there.

It’s always interesting to see how the trades push certain narratives during opening weekends. Nope was projected to make $50M+ going into its OW. Then once Friday numbers came in, estimates were adjusted down to $45M and of course the movie ended up with $44M OW. The trades pushed it as best original opening since 2019 or whatever year they chose. Super Pets came in at $22-23M after a $25-30M projection but is deemed as disappointing? I don’t get why this movie is considered different from Nope?
Because Nope managed to reach the initial low-end projection numbers, while Super Pets made almost half of those same early glass-half-empty predictions. And because in the end, Nope made twice what Super Pets made on its first weekend, with a smaller budget by 22 million and without the DC brand behind it. It's undeniably a far far more successful film.

took my 7 year old niece to see it last night we both loved it, I liked that they used the 78 Superman music for Superman bits, 89 Batman music for Batman stuff, and the 70s WW tv show for WW when she showed up nice touches there.

I missed the last end credit scene. The Rock posted it on his IG. I thought it was prettyy funny and cool!

I thought this was quite fun and entertaining. Fun characters and overall good job from the voice actors. McKinnon was a great villian IMO. Some quite epic fights as well. As mentioned above, needs more Keanu Bats lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"