DC Universe (Animated) - Batman: HUSH (2019)

Digital download on July 20, and the Blu-ray and 4K UHD will hit store shelves on Aug. 13.

Batman-Hush-Blu-ray-Cover.jpg

Not liking the voice actresses for Catwoman and Poison Ivy. The art style I’ve come to terms with.

I just realized: I guess Jason Todd is going to be removed to make this story make sense with the canon its set in.
Plus, I wonder if the mystery will be kept intact or not. Because yes Hush is Thomas Elliot, so who Hush is has been solved already; but in Gotham by Gaslight, Jack the Ripper's true identity was changed from Bruce's uncle to Gordon. Its not quite out of the question t speculate that they could go that route again with this, right?

Hush should’ve been Jason Todd in the first place.

If they could consolidate the Under the Red Hood storyline and Hush into one amazing story, it would provide a great basis for a live action Batman movie

I’m not intimately familiar with either story, granted, but aren’t they already similar enough that combining them would be kind of pointless?

I’m probably not adding anything new here that hasn’t already been said but I was very much looking forward to this and honestly... it looks pretty underwhelming so far.

1. Not even an attempt at emulating Jim Lee(arguably one of the best Batman artists)’s style. This bland, played out animation they’ve been using lately is... well... played out.

2. The cast, not a fan. O’mara isn’t bad but aside from that, it’s pretty lackluster

3. This constant need to interject New 52 into everything.

I don’t know why they can’t just do these animated films the way they used to do them, try to stay as close to the source material as possible, whether that be aesthetics, story or both and leave the cherry picking explorations to the live action outings.

So Bane is in this?! I wonder if that means Riddler isn't going to be the mastermind behind Hush?

Man it looks so...generic.
Bane has a cool design but its just another empty dc animated movie sadly.
It has nothing unique in its style or animation...a real shame.

It looks decent but thats it...decent.

Done watching it... Loved the changes made to the Hush twist! Made more sense, Honestly...

HUSH IS The Riddler! ONE and the SAME! Thomas Elliott STAYS Dead. Also, its more of Batman / Catwoman love story and feels Like it also borrow elements from Heart of Hush at least the vibe of the relationship but still a very faithful HUSH adaptation besides those two changes.

Any news on future DC animated movies?

Any news on future DC animated movies?

Next one is WW Bloodlines.. But We do know they are working on a 2 parter Long Halloween and Red Son.

They have yet to officially announce the 2020 line up.

Was that confirmed?

At these panels, they announce the next slate of films

Is it still going on?

Do you know when they'll announce it?

We got our news: SUPERMAN: RED SON, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK: APOKOLIPS WAR, & SUPERMAN: MAN OF TOMORROW.

Maybe They are still working on TLH 2 Parter BTS.. or probably a tie in to The Battinson 2021 movie as part of that years line up.

Last edited:
I'm sure Batman: The Long Halloween is still happening. It's takes nearly two years for these things to get animated/finished up, so that website probably just leaked it a little early.

I just watched Batman: Hush. I'll need to give it another watch before giving a full opinion... but overall I liked it. Gorgeous animation, wonderful colour palette/shadow effects and a great score by Weidmann.

It's certainly a... loose adaptation, but none of the changes really bothered me that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"