DC Universe Classics

since when is Ra's and Ivy "not a major bat villain"?....

hell both have even been in movies....

when people think bat villains i think most would say..

joker
harley
ivy
clayface
mr. freeze
penguin
riddler
two-face
croc
bane
scarecrow
catwoman
ra's

while second stringers... and lesser known villains would be......
Zzaszz
Red Hood
Black Mask
Firefly
Man Bat
Mad Hatter
Ventriloquist
talia

this list i'd genuinely say would be thanks to the media... and there constant use in movies, cartoons, tv-shows, and video games
Since always. Look the major Bat villains are 1st string: Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Two-face, and maybe Bane. Second stringers include Mr. Freeze, Ivy, Killer Croc, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Man bat, and Ra's. The minor ones are anyone else you could think of.

And how exactly are you differentiating the two groups?

^^^ pretty much.. but i wasn't ranking by comic book rankings. just popularity for the most part.

also this makes me remember how much batman and spider-man's rogues are the best in comics.

just for the hell of it i'd rank spideys as such...

1st tier : these guys torment both the parker and spidey side.
-Green Goblin
-Venom
-Doc Ock

2nd tier: these guys also play with both sides but not to the same degree.
-lizard
-kraven
-hobgoblin
-carnage
-chameleon
-scorpion (arguable, he could go into 3rd tier too)
-kingpin
-jackal

3rd tier: these guys while classic villains, just have really only effected the spidey side (for the most part)
-mysterio
-electro
-vulture
-sandman
-morbius

4th tier: classic villains, but are really just thugs
-rhino
-shocker
-hydroman
-shriek

5th: just simply F listers
-Spot
-Swarm
-Grizzly
-Kangaroo

Batman has a longer history than Spider-man. And Stan Lee really pumped out the villains in those early Amazing SM issues. In the first say 25 issues a villain was introduced in every other one. And any list of Spider-man's major villains will include only a few created after 1970. Where as Batman's recurring villains were really low until the Silver age. When they brought in the iron-clad no killing rule. Before that most villains Batman faced ended up dead. Until the 50's the only recurring ones were Hugo Strange, Joker, Catwoman, and Scarecrow.

What does it matter matter what "Tier" the villains are in.The fact is Mattel has made far more obscure characters then Poison Ivy or Mr.Freeze.

we weren't talking about tiers compared to mattel..... just that someone made a comment about people like Ivy and Ra's being low level batman villains... so he's fine with mattel not having made them yet..... and most of us did a WTF?

Oh I know.I Just think it's stupid were getting another Riddler when Ra's and Ivy remain unmade.Hell we've gotten Obscure Green Lantern villains and supporting characters why not more Bat Rouges.

Oh I know.I Just think it's stupid were getting another Riddler when Ra's and Ivy remain unmade.Hell we've gotten Obscure Green Lantern villains and supporting characters why not more Bat Rouges.

its a tough thing... both toybiz and hasbro did the same thing with there figs... you gotta keep some well knowns for later. it helps keep the line alive.

if they put out all the heavy hitters.. then 2nd stringers... then 3rd tier... and so on.. in that order... you'd keep getting significant profit losses.

True.But they've been balancing that out by releasing the heavy hitters from previous waves in the new waves.

I guess.To be honest the only other charcters I want to be made are the bat rouges I'm missing so I'm very biased.

u7h9s.jpg

I just pre-ordered this. Cant wait for it to come in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"