Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 6: "Outlaw Country"

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Season 2 Episode 6 synopsis:

STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS — The Legends are still reeling from the news that their time travel-nemesis is a speedster when they are alerted to an Aberration in the Old West. When the Legends arrive they find their old friend Jonah Hex (guest star Jonathan Schaech) in trouble with his arch-nemesis, Quentin Turnbull (guest star Jeff Fahey). The team soon discovers that they need to stop Turnbull and his gang from conquering the West and branding it his own lawless territory. To Hex’s surprise, Sara (Caity Lotz) is in charge and dispatches the team. Rory (Dominic Purcell) is ecstatic to be in the Wild West, but Sara makes Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) work with him to keep him on task, which is easier said than done. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Jax (Franz Drameh) try to infiltrate Turnball’s gang, but find themselves in a shootout leaving Nate’s confidence shaken. Victor Garber also stars.

Cherie Nowlan directed the episode written by Matthew Maala & Chris Fedak.

Watching this episode and seeing her execute orders, it's cool how naturally Sara fits into the role of leader, but at the same time, when things get crazy, she's not calling the shots from the sidelines- she's out there fighting with the team as well.

EDIT: Also, Henry just said 'Man of Steel.' I know he's not referencing Superman- and how could he in this world?- but it was still cool to hear.

Last edited:
The end of the episode leads into the crossover. No new episode of Legends next week due to Thanksgiving.

Yeah but it will only be a few weeks. We can survive with the cross-over prize at the end!

Another okay episode, not great but also not terrible. The cast are rising above the dialogue and story lines which could use some new blood.

I like how Sara is fitting into the Captain's Chair, and especially as she's recognized that though she wants revenge, it would come at too high a price. And I liked how Mick and Vixen are interacting. Still miss Captain Cold though. Nice that Ray is getting a new suit and Steel is all armored up and the secondary plot with Martin is intriguing.

It seems we're finally getting some repercussions for time travel and interacting too much with their younger selves.

And now two weeks to the crossover!!

Yeah but it will only be a few weeks. We can survive with the cross-over prize at the end!

Another okay episode, not great but also not terrible. The cast are rising above the dialogue and story lines which could use some new blood.

I like how Sara is fitting into the Captain's Chair, and especially as she's recognized that though she wants revenge, it would come at too high a price. And I liked how Mick and Vixen are interacting. Still miss Captain Cold though. Nice that Ray is getting a new suit and Steel is all armored up and the secondary plot with Martin is intriguing.

It seems we're finally getting some repercussions for time travel and interacting too much with their younger selves.

And now two weeks to the crossover!!

Yep and only Supergirl and Flash have new episodes next week.

Seriously though, where's Rip?

What is Rip to do after he defeats Vandal Savage?

I think he should have been able to save his family, thus giving the Wave Rider to the Legends and retiring from time travel unless absolutely needed.

Another Rip-Roaring episode in the Old West. Giddy-Up, Pilgram!

Also nice seeing Jonah Hex again.
This version is SO much BETTER the live-action movie version. Granted thats not difficult to do.
Tad disappointed they gave Hex a different origin.
In the comics the Apaches burned his face. Guess they didn't want to offend the Natives.

Nah, probably just someone saying, 'I got a better idear!'

Another good episode, I had fun with it. Don't care for Mick's sudden animalistic outburst but the rest of the episode was enjoyable. I'll give this 6.5/10.

I could have done without the bisexual-erasure. It's so depressing that Hollywood is still engaging in this bigoted practice.

Ok so I think that I had a break through with this show ok so to begin I have been binge watching Justice league the hole 5 seasons and in season 3 episode 12 johnna from this episode of dc legends asks Bruce “fancy gun belt , I think yawl folks are time travelers “ Bruce replies with what would give you a crazy idea like that” and his only response is “experience” if you think about DC did such a good job on DC Legends that they made is seem like the legends went back in time and visited john when this show was mad back in 2001. Idk about you but I have been mined blown by this

Last edited:
I love this episode more every time I watch it. I sure hope we get a least one Jonah Hex episode in season three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"