DC's November 2010 Solicitations

Green Arrow seriously has some cool covers. :p

Two things strike me in those Batman previews:

- Bruce recruits Azrael into Batman, Inc.? Does the current Azrael still kill people? 'Cause that seems weird if he does...

- Bruce's return will apparently affect Tim's plans. Should be interesting. I wonder if Cass will be the surprise guest in Hong Kong. :awesome:

- Bruce recruits Azrael into Batman, Inc.? Does the current Azrael still kill people? 'Cause that seems weird if he does...

The sword of Salvation and Sin work like swords... Except when used on humans it uses spiritual damage, not physical. So while you see him slashing people, he's not physically damaging them.

Sometimes they looked like they were killing his foes.

Hmm. I was thinking, Morrison had Bruce go out killing Darkseid, so maybe he'll be more open to killers when he returns.

Dick also has good things to say about Azrael easily. Michael only killed when he was the Devil-Batman anyhow, and Azrael is his redemption. Lets not forget the team did needs it "Black Batman". :p Here's hoping Cassandra Cain gets invited!

Hmm. I was thinking, Morrison had Bruce go out killing Darkseid, so maybe he'll be more open to killers when he returns.
Batman didn't actually kill Darkseid, he just kind of weakened him. I guess the intent was to kill, which is roughly the same thing, but the Flashes were technically the ones who killed him

He fired a bullet that he believed would kill Darkseid out of a gun, if I understand that scene correctly. So regardless of what it actually did, that's a pretty big deal for Bruce. I should hope Morrison would follow up and have it take some kind of toll or make a mark of some kind on Bruce's psyche.

I doubt he will, the way Morrison explained it he felt it was justified that it helped Batman finally cope with what happened to his parents, or something.

Batman didn't actually kill Darkseid, he just kind of weakened him. I guess the intent was to kill, which is roughly the same thing, but the Flashes were technically the ones who killed him
Technically it was Superman who killed him.

Also did you guys notice that House of Hush "part 2" is in November? So what are August, September, October issues of Streets suppose to be? FILLER once again?!

Dini's ridiculous schedule is really murdering Streets of Gotham. I'm glad I dropped it.

I probably didn't explain it too well, but what Morrison said kind of made sense out of it. I wasn't too fond of it in retrospect, but I think I kind of got what he was going for.

To me it he seemed to imply that Batman has a sense of humour. He used the very first bullet created (that was the basis of the bullet Joe Chill used to kill the Wayne family) and shot the incarnation of pure evil.

Still who cares! Azrael! <3 Man i wish they would collect O'Neill's run on Jean-Paul Azrael. :p

A few thoughts...

- The Batman solicits basically confirm the [BLACKOUT]two Batman theory[/BLACKOUT], which is unfortunate because I hate the idea. However, I'll still give it a shot. Batman, Inc. looks great, and I'm excited to see what Tomasi will bring to the plate on Batman & Robin. Oh, and Knight & Squire should be awesome.
- I've been waiting for Superboy since he was resurrected, so I'll definitely pick that up.
- The cover to Brightest Day is fantastic.
- How does Robinson think it's a good idea to 1) focus on his team's two weakest characters, and 2) evoke memories of Cry For Justice? And all in one issue to boot!
- I'm wary of looking forward to Teen Titans, but I am.

So much delicious batman goodness, I f***ing love it.

You know, maybe DC should just come out and put FILLER next to the Batman title since all the important stuff will happen in Batman Inc.

To me it he seemed to imply that Batman has a sense of humour. He used the very first bullet created (that was the basis of the bullet Joe Chill used to kill the Wayne family) and shot the incarnation of pure evil.

Well, yeah, he did make a joke about that, but there was meant to be more to it than that, I believe. It was suppose to symbolize coming full circle for Batman or something like that; I remember Morrison explaining it somewhat in more detail once.

Anyway, thoughts on some solicits:

-Boo on final issue of Madame Xanadu, not even going to get another full arc. God, I can't help but be so annoyed at this. Cancellations happen, but it's one thing when something just doesn't make the sales, and another when it's because DC wants to take back characters when they won't even use 95% of them worth anything (and the 5% they do use probably won't amount to much). Regardless, it was a good run of relatively decent length by today's standards, so I'm glad for that, even if the lovely Madame will be thrown back to obscurity or irregular guest appearances.

-Batwoman's price is disappointing. I knew it was only a matter of time before the price gouging came to DC's main publishing arm, but it's still harsh to see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that only issue zero will be $3.99, and the rest of the series will settle at $2.99 come February, but somehow I doubt it. I don't know, I still think I'm going to pick up the series, but I'm much less certain now.

-I was thinking of trying out Batman, Inc. and Batman: Dark Knight, but the price hikes means I'll be skipping them as ongoings. I'll probably eventually pick up the trades to the former like I plan to with the rest of Morrison's Batman run post-RIP, but the latter I'll just wait and see on.

-Finally, I was beginning to wonder when we'd actually see that Superboy ongoing.

-That whole DC Presents: JH Williams III seems kind of pointless. It's all Chase issues, and if you want them you can just pick up the trades to it. If the trades aren't in print, or if the series just wasn't collected, reprint it all instead of just a select few. Just weird.

-I'm trying to remember if I picked up The Extremist in the past. It sounds really familiar, so I'll have to do some digging around to see if I have it. If not, I'll probably pick that reprint up eventually, since it's Milligan.

-Joe Kelly on Superman/Batman regularly would be awesome, DC. I'm just saying.

-Still not totally on board with Snyder's Detective Comics, but it does sound interesting. I'm getting a very Dini-ish vibe from it in the sense that it's going to mostly be fine, solid Batman stories. If so, I'll probably give it a shot.

-I must say, Winick really surprised me with taking over Power Girl from a writing standpoint. Guy hasn't done anything worth a damn in a long time from what I know, so I'm glad the first two issues have been okay. What I have disliked is him tying it into Generation Lost, and apparently planning to do so even more. Not only am I not reading that, but one of the appeals of this title was it's isolated nature. I'll keep with the book, though, as I have a feeling it won't last much longer.

And that's all the thoughts that stick out. The rest of the stuff seems more or less the usual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"