Deadeye Comics - Deadeye Samurai

DEADEYESAMURAI7INCHMODEL.jpg

Wow! I appreciate the comments guys:)

Lol this thread has been dead for a while and i post some crappy webcam pics of what will be a really cool lil action figure and already i got some notices

thanks very much for visiting guys and thanks for the props

3D artwork is an area i've got a lot of experience in - and if i dont get regular artists to work on my story - I'll be making the rest of the cast as articulated action figures and then manipping them into comicstrip form, using friends faces from here and other sites as key characters

But first I need a better PC, so my 7 megapixel Samsung digicam works with it - the PC i have just now barely does much of anything

Heres a few more crappy webcam pics of Figures in progress

GhostRiderWIP1.jpg

Heres a Work In Progress of a customised Ghostrider action figure
Using a Spiderman "MadJack" action figure with light up action as a base
Other parts from Vengeance, venom amd Spawn action figures
The skull is hand sculpted (still to put in the bottom Jaw teeth) with a hinge in it to open and shut the jaws

It has 48 points of articulation including moveable individual fingers (hands from a Stealth Venom action figure)
Yes this Ghostrider's flamehead really does light up:)

LOBO.jpg

Weaponry are made from Sculpey and metal
it'll have individual moveable fingers (again from a Stealth venom figure)
and about 45 points of articulation:)

And lastly A HELLBOY one
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/deDIKnight/Hellboy7INCHMODEL.jpg

I'm available for commissions, childrens parties and bar mitzvahs:)

sorry for double post but i forgot bout this

was just scribblin and i did these

not really up to much just thought id post em for the sake of it

Dont mind double posts at all - I aint a board nazi

Thanks for visiting again Joe:)

Sketches are looking cool

Heres some Logo ideas I'm using for the Front cover of Deadeye Samurai

akaitaiyodeadeyesamurailogo6.png

akaitaiyodeadeyesamurailogo7-1.png

Definitely thinking about doing a longer version of this

DeadeyeSamuraianimation.gif

but since i'm new to PC animation - I'll walk before i can run

I'm partnering up with a fellow UK artist whos a whiz on the 3D computer animation side of things

wanted to say: your concepts rock and your own personal story is inspiring. i really hope you manage to complete this project. i'd love to draw something for you if you still need artists, take a look at my stuff and let me know.

A couple of pages I colored for Paul--there are variations, and Paul hasn't put in text on them yet, but hey, here we go.

Note: there are multiple versions of each of these pages, but these are my favorites for my coloring.

dsspiritqd11_triemcolorB.jpg

008TriemcolorVivid.png

009jn11TriemColorVivid.png

really great effect!

Thank you--for those of you with Photoshop, follow along, cuz it's not hard to duplicate.

Whenever I color the AG spirit, there's really not too much for me to do...

First I cut the AG spirit out of the existing background and stuck him on his own layer...

I used the magic wand tool, set to tolerance of 20 and with "contiguous" unchecked to select all the white around the black line art---I deleted the white.

I inverted the black line art so it was now white.

I duplicated this layer and turned off the top copy.

Using the magic wand again, I selected the white lines of the lower copy of the AG spirit lineart.

I converted the active selection to a work path.

I selected the smudge tool with a strength of 50% (I think the brush size was 10) and clicked the "stroke path" button.... this made the AG spirt a lil wispy.

An outer glow layer effect, pure red, set to screen mode--I always add some noise to the effect when doing the AG spirit or the Deadeye glows, usually about 10%.

The top duplicate of the linework was turned back on--what happens here is that the low tolerance setting in the initial magic wand selection leaves some of the anti aliased edge pixels... inverting the lineart leaves a small halo of dark grey pixels... I set this layer to 25% opacity, allowing the dark grey pixels to add a little definition back to the edges so that the smudging doesn't totally obliterate details.

the background is made of two layers---one of which is simply a render:clouds filter with blue and red with a hue/saturation adjustment to pop the clouds out to be a little more vivid.

The streaks were generated with Gaussian noise, which I then adjusted with levels to get a lot of pure white dots on a black background. I used the mosaic filter to make the white dots larger, then applied a radial blur: zoom filter to streak it out.

The streaks layer is over the clouds layer with it's blending mode set to "Overlay."

This particular panel was largely filters and took less time to do than it took to type this up.

Now, the OTHER pages--that's a lot of hand-painting with a tablet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"