Deadpool Movie

TheSpectacular

BOLBISAUR
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread and this would be a movie I would like to see so use this to talk about a movie for our favorite Merc' with a mouth.

I'd honestly like to see Ryan Renolds give it another go. But ignore what happened to the character in X-Men Origins.

Yeah, I used to be well up for this, but my love for him is on the decline after that butchering in Origins and just feeling that he's just a joke character without a great deal of depth.

I'm not saying they shouldnt and it couldnt work, I would still go see it. But it seems to have been in "development hell" for a long time now.

I've heard the script is awesome. I definitely want to see this film getting made but I doubt it will happen.

Might happen one day then if theres a decent script about?

Might happen one day then if theres a decent script about?
Theres an excellent script already. Problem is the rating. Fox does not want an R rated superhero film and the Rhett Reese script is a hardcore R. Hopefully Fox will wise up. The budget is only $50m, which makes it pretty easy to be profitable given the characters popularity nowadays. So I really have no idea on why they are lagging on giving this the full greenlight. The Director and Reynolds are still attached so I'm thinking it has more to do with DOFP being released first and the future planse for the X-Men in general. They want a shared Universe so probably trying to work that and the rating issue out...

I didn't see a thread and this would be a movie I would like to see so use this to talk about a movie for our favorite Merc' with a mouth.

I'd honestly like to see Ryan Renolds give it another go. But ignore what happened to the character in X-Men Origins.
Yup and thats what they are doing.

Also, The Deadpoool Movie thread is in the X-Men sequel and spinnoff section.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=347121&page=35

Last edited:
Deadpool is one of those movies that should be R-rated. It's like The Punisher or Blade; if you take out the rating it's toothless and weak.

Deadpool is one of those movies that should be R-rated. It's like The Punisher or Blade; if you take out the rating it's toothless and weak.

Yeah, Fox needs to stop being scared. While I think it can work pg-13, it's gonna make a stronger presence if they are not heldback on violence and language. With the videogame being a hard R as well, people are gonna expect that even more now.

Yeah its the only way it would work.

I think R rated is needed for a Deadpool movie. If you water it down for PG-13, it loses the charm.

The language out of Deadpool's mouth alone should warrant an R.

The language out of Deadpool's mouth alone should warrant an R.

While I don't think they should restrict him from cursing up a storm. Deadpool never cursed that much in the comics, especially up to the Cable Deadpool. Most of his funnier moments were pg-13 tbh. It was more post Way Run when he started cursing and even then it wasn't every other word or anything.

Last edited:
Maybe so in the comics where they still have to be restrained but I think given the way he is, then adapted to the big screen, he should earn an R-rating. The rest of it (violence) definitely should earn that. That's the kind of adult anti-hero I'd love to see with no restraint.

[YT]7X2YXm1-9qE[/YT] If they can do that on a fan film budget, they could do a whole lot with 50 million. Fox should just roll with it already.

Yeah, not to mention the Director knows his way around FX pretty well and can cut some corners to save cash.

Maybe so in the comics where they still have to be restrained but I think given the way he is, then adapted to the big screen, he should earn an R-rating. The rest of it (violence) definitely should earn that. That's the kind of adult anti-hero I'd love to see with no restraint.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I agree unrestrained in every way is the best way to go. Just saying Deadpool can be funny without cursing left and right. He's been that way for decades and it's worked fine and sometimes for the better. The violence is the biggest reason imo. The torture that happens in the Workshop is pretty graphic alone and having a character who stabs people quite often won't pan out to well in a pg-13. Even X2 had issues securing a pg-13, so Deadpool would be struggling. Might as well embrace the violence and play it up.

Last edited:
This would perform like the 1st Ghost Rider movie, the Blade movies and Daredevil at the box-office. And I doubt it would be a good movie.

FOX just needs to focus on X-Men and Fantastic Four.

I've seen excerpts of the script that apparently leaked and it seemed to pretty good. There was
a part where it zooms in on the deadpool figure from the wolverine origins movie, and Wade says a little piece of him died when that came out, but then it turns out he was talking about something else.

Thats I fear it may have missed its opportunity already in terms of the characters popularity.

Really? Why do you think that? I think The character has just become more popular. Especilly with his Marvel Now sales, Solo game, Lego Game, Marvel Heros, tons of youtube fan vids and I guess he's even showing up in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Which will pretty much be his first kids show appearance. I hate that show but Joe Kelly worked on that ep so hopefully it will be cool. Think Will Friedel is voicing him there. Pretty sure more people know who he is now then say 2 years ago.

Last edited:
This would perform like the 1st Ghost Rider movie, the Blade movies and Daredevil at the box-office. And I doubt it would be a good movie.

FOX just needs to focus on X-Men and Fantastic Four.

The script seems to be really good from what I've heard, so I see no reason in thinking that movie would be bad unless you're not appealed to the character of Deadpool to begin with.

I'd say Deadpool is currently in Marvel's top ten characters as far as popularity goes. You'll find his merchandise at hot topic(for years now) He's sustained an ongoing for years, something even Ghost Rider and Punisher have struggled with and was popular enough to get his own game green lit. So I'd say the awareness is there. 50 million is a small investment and it could really be a big hit for Fox with minimum risk.

I think 50 millions is just about right for a Deadpool movie. They can make something good with that and, if it really is going to be rated-r, they can't risk too much, so that amount is ideal.

I don't think a Deadpool movie would require a gigantic budget.

I'm not even sure if he needs a movie. A TV show could work just fine. Have him work a job an episode, pepper a season arc perhaps with him attracting the attention of the Mithras initiative or his rivalry with t ray. I think Alan tudyk would make for an awesome deadpool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"