Deathstroke Solo Movie

They’re going to have to work very hard at making sure this doesn’t come across as ‘boring deadpool’.

Basically, you’re trying to sell a character with a very similar name, with a very similar costume, with a very similar job... just with all the zany character sucked out of him.

The ga won’t give two ****s that Wade is a parody of Slade.

Mind you, I don’t think this movie is ever going to actually happen.

I feel like you're making mountains of molehills. This movie only becomes an "Ugh, they're just ripping off Deadpool" if they chase after that tone, and I can't imagine they would.

I don't think this movie will happen. Won't mind if it does but I cant see this being any kind of priority for WB.

I feel like you're making mountains of molehills. This movie only becomes an "Ugh, they're just ripping off Deadpool" if they chase after that tone, and I can't imagine they would.

No, that’s my point. It wouldn’t be that tone at all. It would probably be deadly serious.

But when the audience adores the parody, it’d be bloody difficult to sell them on the super serious original.

Wilson is really nothing like Deadpool when you get right down to it. Other than that they are hired guns and have similar outfits. Plus they use swords or guns.

Wilson is really nothing like Deadpool when you get right down to it. Other than that they are hired guns and have similar outfits. Plus they use swords or guns.

It’s the general audience we’re talking about. That’s enough :csad:

IMHO Deathstroke is a villain. I want to see Deathstroke in the movies, but I think he should be the villain of a Teen Titans movie.

I'd rather see him as a villain a team of heroes struggles to take down rather than a begrudging anti-hero.

You shouldn't try to make Deathstroke as Deadpool of DC film universe. Audiences will be disappointed like that if you try.

Well, tbh, I could totally see Deathstroke's backstory working as a film, but yes, he should've been introduced as a Teen Titans or even a Nightwing villain. Not that either of those films will happen ...

And...I wanna see Gareth Evans make this hired assassin movie, so that when he does join the Legion of Doom or go up against some superkids, there's weight/sense of stakes to him being there.

They’re going to have to work very hard at making sure this doesn’t come across as ‘boring deadpool’.

Basically, you’re trying to sell a character with a very similar name, with a very similar costume, with a very similar job... just with all the zany character sucked out of him.

The ga won’t give two ****s that Wade is a parody of Slade.

Mind you, I don’t think this movie is ever going to actually happen.

i dont think they look anything alike visually costume wise in thier respective movie universes

$

deadpool-fox-marvel_03.0.0.jpg

i dont think they look anything alike visually costume wise in thier respective movie universes

I meant lots of guns, swords over the back, full face mask, etc. Though point taken, the movie versions don’t look that similar.

I meant lots of guns, swords over the back, full face mask, etc. Though point taken, the movie versions don’t look that similar.

I can see why the GA could compare him with Deadpool when they look at him.
Its the same with Thanos and Darkseid...god damn i hate the fact that one day we WILL have a Live Action Darkseid and the GA will compare him with Thanos.:cmad:

I've said it elsewhere, but: seriously, the Manu Bennett version looks better.

Really?? This?

I've seen cosplay that look better than this

arrowseasonfinaledea.jpg

Now this...

$

.. is comics brought to life :hmr:

tumblr_inline_ozzxvfhXQn1r0g9is_540.jpg

I prefer the DCEU look. Much more streamlined and slim.

It's not bad for a CW show. I mean, they've come a long way from the John McCain with an eyepatch days...

ly5Z08t.jpg

I prefer the Arrow costume slightly.

Deathstroke's costume in the DCEU
looks incredible compared to the one in the Arrowverse.

I don't want him to have his own solo
film, though, I feel like he'd work better
within the context of a larger story.

Not everyone needs their own solo film.

The movie version is basically based on the costume from the Arkham games.
latest

Arrowverse costume looks like sports gear IMO, like he's Sportsmaster or something.

Arrowverse costume looks like sports gear IMO, like he's Sportsmaster or something.

In the CWverse everyone wears leather. That's it. Every villain and hero wears a slightly different leather combo.

In the CWverse everyone wears leather. That's it. Every villain and hero wears a slightly different leather combo.

Even Supergirl has a leather cape instead of the traditional cloth cape Superman wears.

Even Supergirl has a leather cape instead of the traditional cloth cape Superman wears.

The CW probably has a very lucrative deal with a leather manufacturer.

Deathstroke's costume in the DCEU
looks incredible compared to the one in the Arrowverse.

I don't want him to have his own solo
film, though, I feel like he'd work better
within the context of a larger story.

Not everyone needs their own solo film.

Agreed on both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member