• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Democratic Primary 2020

Jesus Christ how is he in the lead?!

Elizabeth Warren leaps back into second place in a new Economist poll.

Biden 27
Warren 22
Sanders 20
Buttigieg 7

Elizabeth Warren leaps back into second place in a new Economist poll.

Biden 27
Warren 22
Sanders 20
Buttigieg 7
Economist has been very generous to Warren compared to other polls. She has consistently been in second or tied with Sanders in them.

This race is looking better and better for Bernie. As it stands, it looks like he's got an honest shot of winning the first three states. Iowa and NH (obvs) are looking very promising. And then Nevada hasn't had a poll in two months. With Biden having a comparatively smaller lead in that state.

If he wins the first two Nevada looks really good.

If he does win all three. South Carolina might turn their heads by Feb 29. Even if Bernie doesnt win there, I suspect a squeaker of a win by Biden. Which puts Bernie in a very good position for Super Tuesday. It's possible we will know who is our candidate by the end of Super Tuesday.

This race is looking better and better for Bernie. As it stands, it looks like he's got an honest shot of winning the first three states. Iowa and NH (obvs) are looking very promising. And then Nevada hasn't had a poll in two months. With Biden having a comparatively smaller lead in that state.

If he wins the first two Nevada looks really good.

If he does win all three. South Carolina might turn their heads by Feb 29. Even if Bernie doesnt win there, I suspect a squeaker of a win by Biden. Which puts Bernie in a very good position for Super Tuesday. It's possible we will know who is our candidate by the end of Super Tuesday.
When do you think he should announce a running mate. They will be just as important as he will be since they will carry the torch of the movement.

When do you think he should announce a running mate. They will be just as important as he will be since they will carry the torch of the movement.
I've never had a solid understanding of announcing VPs. Trump and HRC didn't announce theirs til like mid summer of 2016?

I don't really get that. There's a good chance Bernie announcing someone like Nina Turner or Rashida Tlaib in early Feb would really boost his support among women and african americans. But he won't do that. My best guess is early summer. May at the earliest.

I assume Castro was already chosen by Warren. No idea who Biden would pick. Probably Cheney or something.

Honestly, I think the best day to do it would be Valentines Day lol.

If he won Iowa and NH and then announced his running mate it would be a huge sign of strength. As if to say, "the rest of this primary is just for show, we already won."

At this point, the only way Warren has a chance now is if Obama came out and endorsed her publicly. It would cast doubt over Biden and maybe steal some of his support.

At this point, the only way Warren has a chance now is if Obama came out and endorsed her publicly. It would cast doubt over Biden and maybe steal some of his support.

I agree. I honestly wouldn't mind this. Pulling votes from Biden for Warren would be just fine with me. This would probably also pull votes from Butti (just speculation). And then this would become a Sanders/Warren race as it should be.

We won't know until votes are actually cast. I would not count her out just yet.

I don't think he will choose a running mate strategically, i think they will be chosen because they share his vision. I think nina turner.

Warren maybe a possibility if she does bad the first few states, but i think she will do well in california.

Bernie is the left wing version of Trump.

A far left (relatively speaking) anti-establishment firebrand who speaks for alienated progressives and has a fanatical cult following.

Maybe that's the only way to beat Trump.

The left wing equivalent.

This summarizes the problem with the Democratic party currently. They're two faced charlatans who don't actually want progress. They want to be able to laud token progress over their voters and everyone else, but as soon as someone comes along that will try to uplift the public at the expense of predatory corporate and political interests they're afraid of him and try to ice him out because they love their share of that $$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"