The Clinton Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary Clinton is probably the most introverted, at least when it comes to the press. She has yet to give a single press conference since she started running.

This whole FBI thing, man. If it somehow gets Trump the win....

Clinton's FBI interview was today. Now that is quite interesting in terms of timing. If I'm not mistaken, that was supposed to happen at the end of the summer. Bill meets with the AG and suddenly it happens two days later? AG says she is going to accept any recommendations of the FBI and two days later Clinton is meeting with them?

It seems to me that Lynch probably knows that the FBI is not going to recommend indictment. That is why she said what she did. The meeting with Bill was probably a way of telling Hillary to go through with the interview and they could get all of this indictment talk over with before the convention.

Still, if that is the case, why not just send aides? I understand the reason for not having the conversation electronically considering everything is getting hacked these days. But they had to realize that a former President meeting with the Attorney General would raise some eyebrows. Maybe they wanted to keep the circle small, avoid leaks?

It just oozes that great American justice doesn't it?

Hillary for Queen.

Yeah if the Republicans did this, it would be nothing but people on Social Media and 24/7 News Networks turning blood red in the face screaming "CORRUPTION!"

But it's OK since its the Democrats (specifically the Clintons) doing it.

Honestly if i had to choose between Donald Trump and a convicted white collar crook... white collar crook it is.

It just oozes that great American justice doesn't it?

Hillary for Queen.

Yeah if the Republicans did this, it would be nothing but people on Social Media and 24/7 News Networks turning blood red in the face screaming "CORRUPTION!"

In fairness, I am speculating and a lot of people are calling it corrupt.

In fact, the biggest reason I am inclined to believe it actually was an unfortunately timed coincidence is the fact that while the Clintons may be this cocky/stupid, Lynch is not.

I think if Bill was going to bribe Lynch he wouldn't do it at an airport.

There are a lot of attorneys. They all have friends and friends with spouses. Im sure Lynch isn't the first to be involved in an investigation involving a friend or spouse of a friend. And I'm sure she isn't the first attorney to have a conversation with a friend or spouse of a friend that was being investigated. As long as the case isn't discussed there is no problem.

Nooo, Social Media is just a different animal. They will scream corruption over the dog peeing on the fire hydrant. They don't really care who it is....Where you see a double standard is in the mainstream media.

You have a spectrum of noise from the BIG 3...if a Republican does it, its all over their news and Fox will cover it if they don't like the Republican and paint him/her as moderate and wishy washy, when Hillary does something, it depends on which one you are watching as to how much coverage it gets....if Obama had done this, Fox would be screaming it at the top of their lungs and the big 3 would be not just silent, but not even a mention of it.

But, as far as Social Media, people scream at the top of their lungs about everything....

I think if Bill was going to bribe Lynch he wouldn't do it at an airport.

There are a lot of attorneys. They all have friends and friends with spouses. Im sure Lynch isn't the first to be involved in an investigation involving a friend or spouse of a friend. And I'm sure she isn't the first attorney to have a conversation with a friend or spouse of a friend that was being investigated. As long as the case isn't discussed there is no problem.

It paints them in a bad light. If Hillary comes up clean. Now, there will be more doubt in her than there already was. She already fails at giving people confidence that she is being honest.
Captain Combover on the other side will go off at the podium or on Twitter or wherever.
"See?! They've been chatting with the attorney general lynch all during the investigation. And now the verdicts in folks. Sad."

It's unethical and gives ammunition to the village idiot and plays into his narrative of it being a crooked system. Coincidence or not it should be avoided and Bill and Lynch are smarter (should've been) than that.

Tin foil hat moment:
I don't think he would bribe her there at the plane. This "interview" they have been trying to schedule the past few weeks. If anything was remotely shady, could it be Bill wanted to know what kind of questions and possible curveballs would be asked that Saturday so they could prep?

Last edited:
Personally I do think Hillary Clinton is corrupt.

I'd still vote for her over Trump. Hell, if you dug up Richard Nixon, I'd still vote for him over Trump any day.

It's become a who do you trust more to not run us into the ground immediately?

With Trump the only consolation is that he'd maybe be a puppet ruler and more sane heads would direct him.

With Trump the only consolation is that he'd maybe be a puppet ruler and more sane heads would direct him.

I'm confident that with Hillary Clinton things will go mostly unchanged... perhaps even improve.

With Trump, just looking at this tax plan, we're in for another Great Recession. Then there's all the other crazy crap. Torture, stifling free press, religious discrimination, trades wars... the wall. It just goes on and on.

Also something to be said for national dignity. Trump acts and sounds like a third grade bully. You think Bush damaged America's reputation, you ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm confident that with Hillary Clinton things will go mostly unchanged... perhaps even improve.

With Trump, just looking at this tax plan, we're in for another Great Recession. Then there's all the other crazy crap. Torture, stifling free press, religious discrimination, trades wars... the wall. It just goes on and on.

Also something to be said for national dignity. Trump acts and sounds like a third grade bully. You think Bush damaged America's reputation, you ain't seen nothing yet.

What about his tax plan do you think would trigger another great recession? That seems a little extreme, especially since he's brought on people to revise it to cut the costs. Hillary's tax plan is predicted to slow economic growth in the short term. This is my favorite aspect of Hillary's tax plan
Provides tax credits for investments in community development and infrastructure and for hiring apprentices or profit-sharing.

and this is my favorite aspect of Trump's.
Increases standard deduction to $25K for individuals and $50K for married filers.

Last edited:
Personally I do think Hillary Clinton is corrupt.

Agreed, the only thing that is transparent about her is the facade she puts on.

Innocent or not of whatever the FBI finds the seedy image they have of themselves has done them no favors. Unlike her husband she lacks the charisma or wit to handle herself on the fly and won't sell a lot of people that this stuff was handled under proper channels.

If he was a puppet ruler the current GOP leadership would be directing him and that's not much better than Trump running things.

What about his tax plan do you think would trigger another great recession? That seems a little extreme, especially since he's brought on people to revise it to cut the costs. Hillary's tax plan is predicted to slow economic growth in the short term. This is my favorite aspect of Hillary's tax plan

and this is my favorite aspect of Trump's.

I don't pretend to be an economist, but I have read the analysis of several economists, they all agree the tax cuts would be catastrophic. I was surprised because one of the biggest critics was the Washington Post. And then there's the tariffs.

If he was a puppet ruler the current GOP leadership would be directing him and that's not much better than Trump running things.

I am actually curious what that would look like. I mean, the party has moved on slightly from the hyper reactionary Cheney-Bush philosophy, but only slightly. Ryan still seems to be in favor of crazy tax cuts. Because you know that worked great.

I don't pretend to be an economist, but I have read the analysis of several economists, they all agree the tax cuts would be catastrophic. I was surprised because one of the biggest critics was the Washington Post. And then there's the tariffs.

Yeah. The trade wars is what would do it. You are referring to the Moody's Analytics report. It's not so much the actual tax plan that is terrible it's the immigration and trade policies that would cause a recession. The tax plan has serious issues when dealing with the deficit, but that is supposedly being resolved as he's brought on some people to fix that recently.

Not surprising. It is exactly as the Bureau said...she acted carelessly, not criminally

Not surprising. It is exactly as the Bureau said...she acted carelessly, not criminally

She did act criminally. She had 110 classified emails sent outside of security protocols. Anyone else with that level of clearance would likely face charges. She may have not meant to act criminally but she did in fact act criminally. He said he wouldn't recommend charges because no sane prosecutor would take up the case. Really?

The FBI using words like "extremely careless" is pretty bad imo. This won't be the end of it. You can't have that sort of clearance and act extremely careless. Yet another example of how rules don't apply to the elite. Clinton is lucky she's managed to get a septic tank as her opponent this time. Sad days indeed.

'This investigation was done honestly, competently and independently, no outside influence of any kind was brought to bear.'

:funny:

She did act criminally. She had 110 classified emails sent outside of security protocols. Anyone else with that level of clearance would likely face charges. She may have not meant to act criminally but she did in fact act criminally. He said he wouldn't recommend charges because no sane prosecutor would take up the case. Really?

The FBI using words like "extremely careless" is pretty bad imo. This won't be the end of it. You can't have that sort of clearance and act extremely careless. Yet another example of how rules don't apply to the elite. Clinton is lucky she's managed to get a septic tank as her opponent this time. Sad days indeed.

:funny:

Clearly you do not know what it means to act criminally is then. With the exception of certain crimes (such as manslaughter), you cannot act criminally through reckless behavior. All crime must have intent. If she did not mean to act criminally, she did not act criminally as there is no mens rea. Every crime must have a guilty act (actus reus) and a guilty mind (mens rea). If you lack one, it is not a criminal act. Thus, she did not act criminally.

Im sure most of the people currently incarcerated would like that to be their defense.

Hillary for Queen 20-16.

Clearly you do not know what it means to act criminally is then. With the exception of certain crimes (such as manslaughter), you cannot act criminally through reckless behavior. All crime must have intent. If she did not mean to act criminally, she did not act criminally as there is no mens rea. Every crime must have a guilty act (actus reus) and a guilty mind (mens rea). If you lack one, it is not a criminal act. Thus, she did not act criminally.

sigh...

She knew the law and acted criminally in the interest of convenience.

CmnM4xRUsAENnXm.jpg:large

Comey says "any reasonable person should have known" this was careless...but "no reasonable prosecutor" could bring charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"